After an idol leaves their group their fans no longer exist for them

• Never see former SNSD members mention the "sones". After Yujin left CLC she no longer talks about her CLC fans (whatever their name is), and just mentions the Kep1er fans (Kep1ians). Deserved payment for being a long time fan since the beginning

• Kangta of H.O.T said he had 20% of his group's popularity as a soloist. That percentage is enough, I guess.

Edit: I don't think I understood this thread like others did.

Edited 3 times, last by 2techs ().

• Are they allowed to mention the fandom name of their previous group? Especially when in a different company?

I'm guessing not? Especially for those bigger companies, I'd be surprised if the company doesn't own the fandom name the way they own the group name.

It also doesn't bother me. Once you leave the group, there's no guarantee that the fans are going to follow you. So many idols who were inarguably the most popular member of their group try to leave and go solo and no one pays any attention. It kind of is like they have a whole new fandom.

let's be friends

e9b8a6c6366aecb3faf71dcc6b4488775b109abb.gif

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

out of group 2017

mentions Sones and her members 2020

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

out of group 2017

mentions Sones and her members 2020

It looks like they told her to give them a message, she didn't do it out of her own will

• do you honestly expect Yujin to mention her CLC fandom name when she is officially promoting towards an other official fandom?

If she had left a message to CLC's fandom he'd be making a post about why she hates Kep1er's fans.

• I know that if the group disbanded all together, then the members mentioned the name of the fandom. But if only the member left and the group is still active, the leaving member won't mention the name of their old fandom.

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• Kangta of H.O.T said he had 20% of his group's popularity as a soloist. That percentage is enough, I guess.

Edit: I don't think I understood this thread like others did.

no. he said that's what he thought would happen.

“The arrogant thing about me was I thought that if I went solo, I’d have a fifth of the fans, but I ended up with less than a tenth. I learned that it is beautiful when a group is together. That’s why I’m jealous of Shinhwa.”"

• Well, Starshit literally took down the original Vlive of Yujin's birthday celebration last year because she mentioned "Wizones" just once. :rolleyes:

Now, they musta learned their lesson, maybe they got fan backlash K Dives who were/are also Wizones because we're seeing Yujin and Wonyoung freely and publicly interact with their Izone friends.

External Content twitter.com

External Content twitter.com

• she can't mention them

Are they allowed to mention the fandom name of their previous group? Especially when in a different company?

Probably for legal reasons

Especially for those bigger companies, I'd be surprised if the company doesn't own the fandom name the way they own the group name.

I don't think this is always the case though, since I'm pretty sure I've heard Sunmi talk about Wonderfuls (Wonder Girls fans) after she left JYPE and went solo.

• I don't think this is always the case though, since I'm pretty sure I've heard Sunmi talk about Wonderfuls (Wonder Girls fans).

You misunderstand. I'm talking about people who win on these survival shows. Minhyun (NU'EST) couldn't mention LOVEs whatsoever during his time in Wanna One because his Wannable akgaes almost burned down the building when he accidentally mentioned his original fandom once (and he got called behind the scenes right away by a manager) so you know they CAN'T can't.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.
    ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!