Why did pristin flop?

• They tried to push them as a self-producing group like Seventeen. Unfortunately, Sungyeon and whoever else helped just aren't that great as music producers and lyricists. Whoever in Pledis that gave the green light to allow such childish and cringe lyrics in their first two title tracks should be fired.

If the group had started off as Pristin V, they would probably still be around today

• pristin could have survived much longer if pledis had given them at least another year to grow. the problem was that they didnt do well enough to actually be making much money, and definitely undershot pledis' projections for them. ot to mention that after kyla went back to the u.s it seems like many other members gave up on the group themselves too and wanted out. if pristin v had kicked off they would have ran with them like they did when orange caramel outdid after school. but pristin v didn't kick off bc pledis missed their window of opportunity. they should have debuted the pristin v line up in the first place. pristin honestly had too many members that people did not care about and that was their detriment.

who's your favorite artist?

• If they debuted Pristin V + Gyeongwon (Yuha), they'd had a 6 member group of strong singers, rappers, dancers and what SK cares about the most - visuals. They started off with the wrong song and unfortunately, the wrong lineup.

Pristin V debut was a cultural reset.

PRISTIN V gives hints to lyrics in cinemagraph teasers of all the members |  allkpop

Minkyeung became a baddie in Hinapia and Gyeongwon was the last missing piece to make Pristin V perfect and a 6 member group would've been great, not too big and not too small

Image about roa in MINKYUNG by ✧༺🖤💮🖤༻✧ on We Heart It

Gyeongwon Birthday VLive + HINAPIA Perform At 'The Show' • TheStandom

Gyeongwon the woman you are

Get It and Spotlight were bops

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.

• As much as I don’t care about Pledis, I don’t think it is right to entirely blame Pledis. It was a known fact that members themselves had internal group issues going on. I can’t remember clearly what exactly happened, but I recall one or two of the members refused to come back to the group after they went on vacation to their home country. It was also known that some of the members went to bars and clubs often right after their debut, so that caused conflicts amongst the group members because it could’ve tarnished their image— Pledis even tried talking to them about it, but they still didn’t listen. It is also Pristin’s own fault as well as to why they didn’t work out.

• As much as I don’t care about Pledis, I don’t think it is right to entirely blame Pledis. It was a known fact that members themselves had internal group issues going on. I can’t remember clearly what exactly happened, but I recall one or two of the members refused to come back to the group after they went on vacation to their home country. It was also known that some of the members went to bars and clubs often right after their debut, so that caused conflicts amongst the group members because it could’ve tarnished their image— Pledis even tried talking to them about it, but they still didn’t listen. It is also Pristin’s own fault as well as to why they didn’t work out.

mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.

• Honestly. I'm kind of surprised with how publicly messy some of the members were that they didn't get kicked out. Pledis seemed to realize it too late, considering they only kept three of them on after the disbandment. I think Pledis thought the "Pledis Girls" popularity from Produce could carry over into carrying more of their trainees into a group than it actually did.

let's be friends

e9b8a6c6366aecb3faf71dcc6b4488775b109abb.gif

• It honestly is a mixture of bad management and their own fault as to why they didn’t work out. There is only so much a company can do to stop them from tarnishing their own image by themselves, but as a company they could’ve protected them better (ex. Kyla’s case). Either way, Pristin wouldn’t have worked with the way their group dynamic was; they were complete mess and on top of that Pledis was unable to utilize their post-produce popularity with the songs they were giving them.

• I think, the real villain of Pristin career is their stupid fans. The things that they did was nasty, like how some members got ignored by those camera-carrying-stans right in front of their face, or how they uploaded an edited version of their title track on youtube and calling it 'the better version,' which gained quite many views by the way.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!