do you think we'll get the truth about Pristin's disbandment one day ?

• So here's some of the theories

1)"Pledis sucks". Yes, Pledis is not a good company but listen. They never did short cuts with pristin. While nayoung and kyulkyung were in pristin, they were giving us pre-debut contents from other girls. There are vocal covers, dance covers and heck, the 8 girls who did not make it to iou even has a mv called "we". If you look at Pristin's debut and the only one comeback, the mv was well-produced, the songs are really good. They clearly put effort into making pristin big. Also, they promoted pristin well at least imo. That's why i disagree when people say pledis delibrately sabotaged pristin. If they were trying to sabotage pristin, why would they put money and effort in all of these things?

2)"It's because of the kyla scandle." No, i don't think so. Pristin was relatively doing well when they were promoting but they were never big enough to disband just because of one chubby member + i dont think kyla scandle was even that big tbh. Also why would you disband a whole group just because of one member? I don't hate kyla. She is a kind person and no one should be treated unfairly just because of their appearence. But from a bussiness standpoint, if one member is "dragging down" the group's image, what would you do? You will kick out that member from the group, right? No matter how dumb pledis is, i still don't like they will disband a whole group just because of one member.

3)"Pledis gave up because pristin wasn't doing well." Again, they were doing quite okay. Nowhere near twice or blackpink but they were doing well for a newly debuted gg. Pristin has the highest album sales than all of 2017 ggs. Clearly, they were doing well.

So, what really happened to pristin? I don't know and i will never know.

Hopefully we will get to know the truth one day. But it is possible ?

• My thoughts on the matter is some sort of scandal and I don't mean it like Kpop version of someone simply dating or slightly overweight I mean an "actual scandal."

From someone who has followed Kpop for ten years I have never seen a company drop a group like this that didn't involve a criminal activity, Pledis didn't just simply disband Pristin they practically scrubbed them from existence!

Kyla said there was a lot going on behind the scenes and Minkyeung said that Pledis had "no choice" but disbandment, if Pristin was unviable I could see disbandment happening but like it has been pointed out they weren't doing that bad, I've seen groups do much worse and still remain active, however if one or more members did 'something' that if it got out would kill the group altogether then that would certainly explain Pledis's behaviour.

I'm not saying it have to be really bad from our point of view but something that if it got out would tarnish everyone involved.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!