2PM Chansung Is Getting Married + She Pregnant (Updated with Netizenbuzz Article)

• Oh and he's leaving JYPE too. A certain KPOP news outlet just announced this, but they are censored on here so. :pepe-cringe:

Where have I heard this story before? Like, why can't these guys just do it the traditional way lmao? It's like, yeah, we've been together for 5 years. But, let's wait on marriage, oops, you're pregnant, nvm, lmao.

So, we had SM one, a YG one, a JYPE one,...HYBE, you next?

FGnzQfxVkAQePam?format=jpg&name=900x900

Also, for those curious of where my perspective originated.

Netizen Buzz on Twitter
    “2PM's Chansung announces that his girlfriend is pregnant, plans for marriage next year https://t.co/swEhvepvoS”
    twitter.com

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

Edited 2 times, last by keyboardwarrior7 ().

• why should people have to do it the "traditional" way lmao

anyways, congrats to them. wishing them a happy marriage and his gf/wife a healthy and safe pregnancy <3

• For many couples, marriage is just a legal formality that's unneeded for the most part. It is entirely possible to have a solid, stable long term committed relationship without the legality of marriage.

However children can make things much more complicated so that's really when marriage becomes more practical for things like doctors and schools.

• why should people have to do it the "traditional" way lmao

anyways, congrats to them. wishing them a happy marriage and his gf/wife a healthy and safe pregnancy <3

They don't have to, but it just seems like they are following the Korean obligation of "taking responsibility" when they announce the marriage right after the pregnancy.

In Western society, no one cares. But in a more traditional society like Korea where marriage is expected first, it just looks bad.

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• For many couples, marriage is just a legal formality that's unneeded for the most part. It is entirely possible to have a solid, stable long term committed relationship without the legality of marriage.

However children can make things much more complicated so that's really when marriage becomes more practical for things like doctors and schools.

But, that thinking doesn't work in a society like Korea. Like, if you know that you will get married if you decide to keep the baby, why not either practice safe sex or get engaged? In Korean society, it just looks bad on the couple when they do it this way.

• But, that thinking doesn't work in a society like Korea. Like, if you know that you will get married if you decide to keep the baby, why not either practice safe sex or get engaged? In Korean society, it just looks bad on the couple when they do it this way.

Ok and? Not everyone gives a shit about what society dictates. If they're happy with their relationship then that's all that matters. If someone doesn't like it then that's not their problem.

• They don't have to, but it just seems like they are following the Korean obligation of "taking responsibility" when they announce the marriage right after the pregnancy.

In Western society, no one cares. But in a more traditional society like Korea where marriage is expected first, it just looks bad.

honestly, fuck society.

fuck asian standards of not even touching a guy before getting married

its stupid, conservative, and it needs to change.

137038-jaemin-laughing-gif

• I mean, at this point, idols don't seem to care lmao.

Bobby is doing okay I think. Chen's image is still a little iffy, but it's not stopping his money either way lol.

• But, that thinking doesn't work in a society like Korea. Like, if you know that you will get married if you decide to keep the baby, why not either practice safe sex or get engaged? In Korean society, it just looks bad on the couple when they do it this way.

So they shouldn't because that's still not easily accepted in SK?

.. society's mentality change with time, if many people keep doing it it will become acceptable in near future, I say this as someone who comes from a more conservative society than SK..

Its not acceptable in my society to even live together with a partner if not married does this mean some people should stop their live in relationships?

• LET ME CLARIFY THOUGH!!

if you think that you wanna save your whatever for the one until after marriage, that's a personal choice. nothing wrong with that. but having intercourse and getting pregnant before marriage/no marriage is looked down upon for no reason. like what exactly does getting married do? its just a document saying you're legally attached to this person.

• So they shouldn't because that's still not easily accepted in SK?

.. society's mentality change with time, if many people keep doing it it will become acceptable in near future, I say this as someone who comes from a more conservative society than SK..

Its not acceptable in my society to even live together with a partner if not married does this mean some people should stop their live in relationships?

They can do what they want, but until society changes, they are going to get negative feedback. If they are okay with that, then who am I to say?

But like I mentioned, Chen's still dealing with the blow back. It's more about protecting themselves and their families, so it seems a little irresponsible. But, I'm not them, their wives, or the kids, so in the end, my opinion doesn't really matter.

Lucky for men, they can keep their livelihood. Women still aren't so lucky.

• I mean, at this point, idols don't seem to care lmao.

Bobby is doing okay I think. Chen's image is still a little iffy, but it's not stopping his money either way lol.

good for them!!

if they don't seem to care about the public, why should we spend our time worrying about it for them? lol

• LET ME CLARIFY THOUGH!!

if you think that you wanna save your whatever for the one until after marriage, that's a personal choice. nothing wrong with that. but having intercourse and getting pregnant before marriage/no marriage is looked down upon for no reason. like what exactly does getting married do? its just a document saying you're legally attached to this person.

For the vulnerable party, marriage is protection. They have a legal obligation to take some responsibility, and if they don't, they can be legally responsible for that.

Child support is also a thing, but I'm not sure how that works in SK. And, you always get more financial support and stability being married (unless you sign a terrible prenup).

• Congratulations! Hope the couple have a save pregnancy :pleading:<3

It’s alright uri jibeuro gaja  💃🏡

"𝙞 𝙖𝙢 𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙜   𝙜𝙤𝙤𝙙𝙗𝙮𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙩𝙝   𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙖𝙜𝙖𝙞𝙣"

final-61b8506fed445400c3eb937a-497781.gif

• They can do what they want, but until society changes, they are going to get negative feedback. If they are okay with that, then who am I to say?

But like I mentioned, Chen's still dealing with the blow back. It's more about protecting themselves and their families, so it seems a little irresponsible. But, I'm not them, their wives, or the kids, so in the end, my opinion doesn't really matter.

Lucky for men, they can keep their livelihood. Women still aren't so lucky.

How are others hating on him for just having a family irresponsible on his part? Wtf?

And many people marry this way in SK too this isn't some new discove

I-

Nam not even gonna try lol

• I'm not saying it is his fault. I am saying he knows what culture he is in, and he knows their perception on this. Right or wrong.

• Good for Korea too. Their birthrate sux so this is great news.

LMAO :pepe-cringe:

Pretty much every "developed" country has decreasing birth rates, later marriages, and later acquisitions of property. Why? Cause we millennials are broke. We need money, and we ain't got none.

• LMAO :pepe-cringe:

Pretty much every "developed" country has decreasing birth rates, later marriages, and later acquisitions of property. Why? Cause we millennials are broke. We need money, and we ain't got none.

I think ours are declining but it’s 1,74 ish and SK is 0,74.

Asia has it harder I think.

But yeah - we need money and stability and housing😅

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.
    ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Korean society does not look down on premarital conceive or even premarital sex, they look down on premarital birth, single mothers with a fatherless child. Getting married because of pregnancy still conclude a proper family and that's not frowned upon at all.

In Korea a child without one parent will have problems on schools health etc. And you can't just put the father's name on the child if the father is not married to the mother. Not marrying the mother, the father will have to put in adoption form even if biologically it is his child. That's the system there. So the best way when a couple has a child in Korea is to get married so the child is well cared for in future, even if the marriage failed at the end. The marriage is more for the responsibility of the child rather than commitment to each other, and if we have gone through every single traditional religion in the world, marriage is actually just that, responsibility for the offspring that comes from the union, not about commitment to your significant other.

• From the Korean sites people seemed to be happy for him. Like even with Chen normal people is happy for him, just K-ExoL that had a problem with it. Bobby too the Koreans are congratulating him. Like I know Korea is more traditional but on this part I only see people congratulating the man for being responsible to his partner. If not why would every news site since Gen 1 idols announce that the couple getting married is also expecting a child in the first place? Like the pregnancy is an information you can cover, why announce if its such a bad thing to them?

• From the Korean sites people seemed to be happy for him. Like even with Chen normal people is happy for him, just K-ExoL that had a problem with it. Bobby too the Koreans are congratulating him. Like I know Korea is more traditional but on this part I only see people congratulating the man for being responsible to his partner. If not why would every news site since Gen 1 idols announce that the couple getting married is also expecting a child in the first place? Like the pregnancy is an information you can cover, why announce if its such a bad thing to them?

I was referring to the claims OP made...

ofc there is both support and hate in all cases, chen had more cause it was more of a shock since it was reletively first time for such apopular idol to do so..

anyways the hate comments are not all from fans of these groups but more from fans of younger groups who are worried that their oppas will do the same since it is becoming more common in the industry now.. they are the ones mainly spreading the hate everywhere

• Congrats !!

I am happy for him but he isn't leaving 2pm, isn't he? They're still gonna be active, right ?

well, from what I am looking at it didn't say he was leaving 2pm. And part of his letter says:

"Because of all this sudden news, I'm worried about how Hottests will react. But as always, I will work hard to show you a good side of me as the maknae of 2PM and as the actor Hwang Chansung. Thank you."

But realistically speaking, if he stays in 2PM, it will be harder to do comebacks with him being separated from JYP. It's harder to organize schedules when you're in different companies.

So yeah idk. We'll see I guess...

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• I was referring to the claims OP made...

ofc there is both support and hate in all cases, chen had more cause it was more of a shock since it was reletively first time for such apopular idol to do so..

anyways the hate comments are not all from fans of these groups but more from fans of younger groups who are worried that their oppas will do the same since it is becoming more common in the industry now.. they are the ones mainly spreading the hate everywhere

Yeah I was also referring to the claims OP made and a bit on the other user who replied to you.

I dunno what SK traditional world culture they are referring or have an impression of but looking at hottest and Korean GP forums, they are all applauding him for taking the responsibility for the child and the mother, its not a bad thing at all and it certainly doesn't make him look bad. K hottest knows he's gonna be a good head of the family. Plus, in 2016 Chansung went on an interview admitting he had a girlfriend during debut and his fans said good for him.

Sometimes I feel like its I fans that has a problem in letting go of their oppas rather than k fans. I am quite surprised there are some I fans that tries to dictate how an idol must do it more "traditionally".

• Yeah I was also referring to the claims OP made and a bit on the other user who replied to you.

I dunno what SK traditional world culture they are referring or have an impression of but looking at hottest and Korean GP forums, they are all applauding him for taking the responsibility for the child and the mother, its not a bad thing at all and it certainly doesn't make him look bad. K hottest knows he's gonna be a good head of the family. Plus, in 2016 Chansung went on an interview admitting he had a girlfriend during debut and his fans said good for him.

Sometimes I feel like its I fans that has a problem in letting go of their oppas rather than k fans. I am quite surprised there are some I fans that tries to dictate how an idol must do it more "traditionally".

I completely agree on that.. :yesr:

Many I-fans like to hide their criticisms behind how things work in SK like just congratulate and go, their country, they know better.. most GP does not give two shits except obsessed fans

• This thread contains 30 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!