I kinda dislike hybe

• why you must ask? because i feel like they are lowering the standards of kpop and what a top group should be like.

let's compare hybe to other big companies:

SM (the worst of them all): always debut groups with outstanding vocal talent, as well as dancing (with the exception of Aespa for the dancing), they do take fans for granted but not when it comes to the skills of their idols.

JYP: was never outstanding in vocals with their idol groups, with a few exceptions here and there (so they don't exactly have a standard to uphold). But they were always known for their charismatic dancing and stage presence, and they still uphold that standard. their boy groups are also always heavily involved in production.

YG: known for their good rappers, decent vocals and good performing skills.

but then when you look at hybe, there is no pattern or standard, they went from bts with their outstanding rap, dance and stage presence to 2 very average boy groups that don't excel at anything. This wouldn't be so bad if only they aren't destined to be the leaders of the next generation because of their company's affiliation. If you look at top boy groups of past generation, they were always groups with lots of talent in one or more fields, they had outstanding qualities, be it BTS, EXO, Bigbang, 2PM, suju or DBSK, they all had outstanding singers or dancers or rappers or stage presence or producing. they were all some of the most talented groups of their generations. same goes for groups such as shinee, seventeen and nct.

to think txt and or enhypen aee going to be the biggest boy groups of the next generation is bad news for kpop. they are not bad by any means, but i don't think they are talented enough to be the leaders of a generation.

Approved the thread.
  • i dont think txt nor enhypen will ever be leader of any generation. They lack charisma and talent and they can't rely forever on armys which to be fair is more true in the case of txt.

• I don't like their heavy autotune. But people do. So, whatever.

• wdym txt and enhypen don't excel in anything?they excel in dancing just like jyp groups.

• wdym txt and enhypen don't excel in anything?they excel in dancing just like jyp groups.

JYP boy groups actually have decent vocalists and rappers, and are also heavily involved in producing their music. they are not comparable to txt and enhypen

and jyp ggs are very charismatic, which txt and enhypen are not. jyp ggs have outstanding stage presence, don't tell me you can't see the huge difference between Itzy's performance in MAMA and those of txt and enhypen.

• No one is forcing you to like Hybe. Normal people like music acts and don’t really think about the labels. You guys are weird.

• okay op, who are your faves that txt and enhypen managed to do better than in every aspect which got you so bitter?

enhypen and txt are both very talented. bts hype would only get them to be some of the top tier groups, but good music and talents is what will make people stay and what will make them grow.

enhypen's fanbase doesn't rely on armys at all btw. this showed after the mama voting where at the second round you could only vote for one artist. Enhypen kept their third place in the previous round (where people could vote for five groups) and in the last round where you could only pick one. TXT however fell from a top 3 rank to the lower ranks after you could vote for just one group

• i dislike yg and sm too. you're not a special snowflake :-P

• I stan only BTS but at this point TXT and Enhypen please become 4th gen kings and make OP even more pressed than they are.

• They won't become the leaders of the generation for the exact reasons you listed.

• JYP boy groups actually have decent vocalists and rappers, and are also heavily involved in producing their music. they are not comparable to txt and enhypen

in jyp only skz have good rappers.their vocals are about the same with txt with woojin's gone and their dancing aren't comparable to txt and enhypen.Jyp ggs are very skilled in dancing but their bgs dancing skills can't be compared to hybe.

• I think both Enhypen and TxT are extremely talented . Their album sales globally and spotify streams are quite good . Who said they cant produce their own music? Yeonjun was one of the producers of Blockbuster and half of ENHYPEN members expressed interest in producing their own music if given an opportunity. They are simply not packaged that way yet- a self producing boygroup but it doesn’t mean they cant. Heeseung in particular is already writing songs & waiting for an opportunity. He can also rap but chose to focus on his vocals. I personally think they are oozing with charisma. They have a strong fanbase globally and it shows in their physical album sales & voting results in MAMA. Periodt.

• in jyp only skz have good rappers.their vocals are about the same with txt with woojin's gone and their dancing aren't comparable to txt and enhypen.Jyp ggs are very skilled in dancing but their bgs dancing skills can't be compared to hybe.

tell me you don't know 2PM without telling me you don't know 2PM.

anyway, there is a reason why out of all JYP boy groups only 2PM was considered a top group during their generation. Stray kids have potential because they are actually outstanding.

@ the other defensive hybe stans here, i don't stan any group that's being threatened by txt or enhypen rest assured. i am only making an observation about the probable state of kpop if either of those 2 average groups become the leader of the next generation.

• No one is forcing you to like Hybe. Normal people like music acts and don’t really think about the labels. You guys are weird.

these idols didn't wake up one day and decide to start a band. they were recruited by hybe, they were trained by hybe, their music is produced by hybe, their dances are choreographed by hybe and their MVs are directed by hybe. hybe is responsible for approximately 90% of these 2 groups output and skill level. hybe as a top influencial company should be responsible enough to uphold a certain standard of skills to at least live up to their previous group status, it is what all other big companies do and it is the only thing that make up for the inevitable privileged success of big companies' groups.

• some of you fail to realize that if those groups aren't talented and release bad music then nobody would be interested in them. sure, they will have some company stans following them but they wouldn't be enough to push them to the top. that alone means txt and enhypen are talented enough to lead the generation so quit the bitterness

• some of you fail to realize that if those groups aren't talented and release bad music then nobody would be interested in them. sure, they will have some company stans following them but they wouldn't be enough to push them to the top. that alone means txt and enhypen are talented enough to lead the generation so quit the bitterness

people say anything to sound smart. they think just because txt are an all-rounded group that means they're untalented.. when it means the exact opposite. Enhypen don't even belong in the same sentence with the word "untalented". They just use BTS and Hybe as an excuse to hate on them and be bitter about their success

• Enhypen doesn't excel at anything?! They excel at dancing, their stage presence is outstanding and they have several good vocalists. The clown you are. :pepe-clown-gear:

• Well OP is right on only one point. I still don’t see the colours of the members in their music. I like txt music. They are bops. Enhypen also got some great songs too. But this is all because of Hybe putting out most of their songs.

If another group replaces txt and enhypen and sing those same songs, we won’t see much difference at all. I think that’s the only downside to this and Hybe better make the boys start taking part in their own music. I thought that was what they wanted, to be distinct from the other companies in making their idols involved in their work

• Disagree.

Yeah because you have only listened to their encore stages without listening to every other live performance of theirs, mr removed, concerts, shows and etc where they've showed amazing vocals

• Well OP is right on only one point. I still don’t see the colours of the members in their music. I like txt music. They are bops. Enhypen also got some great songs too. But this is all because of Hybe putting out most of their songs.

If another group replaces txt and enhypen and sing those same songs, we won’t see much difference at all. I think that’s the only downside to this and Hybe better make the boys start taking part in their own music. I thought that was what they wanted, to be distinct from the other companies in making their idols involved in their work

how many of the biggest acts in the world right now produce/write their own music? mainly talking about western artists here. despite the fact many of them don't write their music, i can't say they could be just as successful if someone else replaced them. it's all about stage presence and charisma while you perform too and those can't be replicated

• couldn't agree more

both of them are just dance group, but whats the point of being good dancer when u dont have the stage presence and charisma. Groups like SKZ who have less skilled dancers on average are serving more interesting and fun performances. There are many that oozes energy and charisma on stage like ATEEZ, MCND. From girl groups Pixy, Itzy, Purple Kiss, (G)-Idle etc. Compared to them they just fall flat. But I should at least get small credits to Yeonjun, he at least bring some liveliness to the performance.

As for vocals, txt is decent, enhypen is flat bad only Heeseung can sing, their encores are just embarassing,

For rap, nothing, only Yeonjun can serve some hit and miss (mostly miss)

And where is the self producing? Might be harsh but like every 4th gen boygroup in existence is more talented and charismatic than them atp, and there are more boygroups writing and composing their music this becoming mostly standard for boygroups, while txt have few credits but there are like 353475 producers helping them

I think their current success is mostly due to great discography (i admit it txt has one of the best discography in kpop, enhypen is great also, but come on idk how people bear those awful vocal processing) which is composed by hybe in house producers.

Their interesting lore and universe which is created by hybe creative team.

Most of it is because hybe artistic style.

And visual stans, its obvious that both groups formed mostly due to visuals and rich background (its not something new since big 3/4 is mostly rich kids anyways but still sm, jyp and yg maintain some standard in their talent pool)

and all the privileges they got, bts fans are increasing rapidly everyday who they will check out besides bts? blackpink, txt, enhypen

lastly, them having success already attracts so much success stans

I don't hate them or have any grudge against them. I think and hope they will become hugely successful. But If they become top boygroup of this generation I don't think I can take that title seriously. I hope the title goes to the one who is the most talented, charismatic, artistic and hardworking.

• I can't with hybe stans.

Stop saying txt and enhypen are all rounder or have stage presence. Its embarassing to read your comments.

I really hope for their future that they're gonna take some vocal lessons, the MR can't save them forever.

• I am sorry but have you even watched enhypen's stages? Literally everyone is praising them for their stage presence and charisma from nonfans to professional experts etc. They have insane stage charisma, watch their performances of mama this year, with the dance breaks and the opening and you'll see what everyone is talking about.

As to rapping, enhypen has covered songs where there are rap parts and they've done it very well! They're not a rap focused group which is something many people like since most groups nowadays put unnecessary rap parts in the songs just for the sake of having rap parts and the song gets ruined. There's nothing wrong in not having rap in your songs.

About vocals, you must have watched only their encores. While yes, I admit they need improvement, I'd advice you to not judge so hard based on only encores. Music shows, concerts, live performances and those where the mr is removed are great way for you to check out their vocals and see that they're actually awesome vocalists.

About producing music - self produced music doesn't equal good music. Treasure produces their music and it sucks. With stray kids it's a hit or miss. I rather enhypen hold back from producing until they are ready with a very well made self produced song instead of them producing their songs just for the sake of producing ones which would be bad

• Bsides , people keep bringing up their dancing but it's not like they have dancers in the same level of the likes of Taemin, Kai, Jimin and Jhope. They're just your regular run of the mill boy group with standard level dancing.

• Lmao tell me who's rich in txt.

• tell me you don't know 2PM without telling me you don't know 2PM.

anyway, there is a reason why out of all JYP boy groups only 2PM was considered a top group during their generation. Stray kids have potential because they are actually outstanding.

@ the other defensive hybe stans here, i don't stan any group that's being threatened by txt or enhypen rest assured. i am only making an observation about the probable state of kpop if either of those 2 average groups become the leader of the next generation.

Wym?2pm don't have good rappers or dancers unlike bts.

• how many of the biggest acts in the world right now produce/write their own music? mainly talking about western artists here. despite the fact many of them don't write their music, i can't say they could be just as successful if someone else replaced them. it's all about stage presence and charisma while you perform too and those can't be replicated

I don’t keep up with the groups. I only like their music so I can’t say anything about performances

And yes. Most of the biggest acts in the world actually are involved in their music from big pop acts to big rappers. Nowadays it’s rarer to find a big act who doesn’t have credits on their own songs. Especially western acts. It’s only kpop that you will find big groups who aren’t involved in their music

• Bsides , people keep bringing up their dancing but it's not like they have dancers in the same level of the likes of Taemin, Kai, Jimin and Jhope. They're just your regular run of the mill boy group with standard level dancing.

They just debuted for f sake and u're comparing them to idols who've debuted 10 years ago.Niki is the best 4th gen dancer rn eventho he's only 16 and he's gonna join the likes of them one day.Standard level of dancing my ass,tell me other 4th gen groups with better dancing than them.

• I don’t keep up with the groups. I only like their music so I can’t say anything about performances

And yes. Most of the biggest acts in the world actually are involved in their music from big pop acts to big rappers. Nowadays it’s rarer to find a big act who doesn’t have credits on their own songs. Especially western acts. It’s only kpop that you will find big groups who aren’t involved in their music

Of course rappers are involved in making music, otherwise they're not rappers to me. I'm talking about singers and I can give you numerous examples of big names who have credits only over few songs and that's it while others haven't made a song once

• I am sorry but have you even watched enhypen's stages? Literally everyone is praising them for their stage presence and charisma from nonfans to professional experts etc. They have insane stage charisma, watch their performances of mama this year, with the dance breaks and the opening and you'll see what everyone is talking about.

huh, I mostly see people saying they were ok, itzy skz ateez got the most praise

As to rapping, enhypen has covered songs where there are rap parts and they've done it very well! They're not a rap focused group which is something many people like since most groups nowadays put unnecessary rap parts in the songs just for the sake of having rap parts and the song gets ruined. There's nothing wrong in not having rap in your songs.

Then they should be able to sing well. Not rapping well and not singing well are not acceptable.

About vocals, you must have watched only their encores. While yes, I admit they need improvement, I'd advice you to not judge so hard based on only encores. Music shows, concerts, live performances and those where the mr is removed are great way for you to check out their vocals and see that they're actually awesome vocalists.

MR removed is unreliable, I've seen some of their performances and most are lipsynced (sometimes studio version, sometimes LAR). If you consistently can't do a decent encore it's dubious you can sing well.

About producing music - self produced music doesn't equal good music. Treasure produces their music and it sucks. With stray kids it's a hit or miss. I rather enhypen hold back from producing until they are ready with a very well made self produced song instead of them producing their songs just for the sake of producing ones which would be bad

So because you say those two are not good they're suddenly objectively not good? Personally I don't like Enhypen's music, so what now...our contradicting opinions can't be both objective, right?

You think a big company would allow idols to produce their songs if they weren't qualified? Treasure might have some rough edges sometimes but they're still doing it and they're also less involved while Stray Kids, whether you stan them or not, you have to admit they're doing something very right to gain a massive dedicated fanbase and casual fans alike that love it.

• See, I gave you a few very valid points and you managed to find excuses for each one without bothering to actually look into it. That only proves to me that you all just hate on enhypen without a reason and it's bad for you. You'll always find a way to discredit enhypen so I won't waste time continuing this discussion with you.

If anyone else wants to do it while having an open mind and actually having interest in the topic instead of just wanting to spread hate, I will gladly discuss it all

• i thought everyone dislikes kpop companies. we didn't have a common enemy in the kpop companies?

• See, I gave you a few very valid points and you managed to find excuses for each one without bothering to actually look into it. That only proves to me that you all just hate on enhypen without a reason and it's bad for you. You'll always find a way to discredit enhypen so I won't waste time continuing this discussion with you.

If anyone else wants to do it while having an open mind and actually having interest in the topic instead of just wanting to spread hate, I will gladly discuss it all

You're hilarious. You pretend that the problem is with ME even though your real issue is that I brought up valid points and found the holes in your argument instead of unquestioningly agreeing that enhypen are the best thing since sliced bread.

• I’m sure Stray Kids is talented and was able to build massive fan-based but they started in 2017 (?)compared to EN who only started last year. I have nothing againts them but not my cup of tea. If you want to compare them, look at their rookie years vs Enhypen now. That’s the right comparison in terms of sales, fanbase and relevance.Both come from big 4 so it eliminates “privilege” card play. Also, who said Enhypen cant produce their own songs? They are interested and they will someday once they have bigger fandom both in Korea and internationally. It’s their management’s strategy and the way they are packaged but it doesn’t make them anyway less than the others. Personally , and most people do not care if they write the lyrics or produce their own songs — fans buy more because they love the idols & the music they sell not because they love the producer of the song. It is called the X Factor — it’s hard to explain but it’s a combination of several factors. Song choices, their music, their personality and their stage presence. You can promote your faves without heavily criticizing other groups . It doesnt help and it’s just spreading hate way too much.

• This thread contains 75 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!