So i listened to IVE eleven (and watched the performance)

• I have so many thoughts.

This song is like kind of messy but kind of good? I like their rapper the most and I wish they expanded on her. She’s got a lot of charisma in her one repeated line that slows down and because it’s so clearly different it feels like there’s going to be something built on it but there isn’t. I’m not really a huge fan of the anti build thing that kpop has been doing recently every once in a while and this song definitely doesn’t benefit from that bias.

One more negative bias is that this song has this guitar riff that’s really similar to the hook guitar riff in Rum pum pum pum by FX and while they’re my ultimate girl group I hate the shit out of that guitar.

Next I never knew people were referring to this song when saying “1 2 3 4 5 6 7 you make me feel like 11” was a bad line and I generally disagreed because I like the line, I just now understand why. It isn’t delivered well. It’s kind of like too dainty. You are so happy with this person that you feel 11/10?! Let me see what 110% looks like bitch!!!! Because that half hearted Selena Gomez singing isn’t 50% let alone 110%!!!!!!!

Final negative thing and it’s not really negative because I still think she looks really pretty, but Wonyoungs eye plastic surgery makes her look like… tired. I think she’s trying to look sexy by giving like almost a “Marilyn Monroe” vibe? But it isn’t delivering because she’s a child. I’m just getting “the kid I babysits Zzzquil is kicking in but she still wants to make me watch her dance before she falls asleep on the floor in front of the TV” but I’m not a PS expert so??? Grain of salt?

lastly: Did Chungha choreograph this??? Like am I crazy for seeing a Chungha choreography? It looks so Chungha-y that I actually LOVE it. You know her kind of sharp and smooth swaying she does in her moves? I see a lot of that kind of execution in IVE and I like it so they should keep that up because they’re the first group I saw do it after IOI Whatta Man.

Overall: 7.5/10

Dance: 8/10

Song: 3/10

Visuals: 9/10

Vocals: actually low key 10/10???

Not a masterpiece but an okay debut i guess. IVE is def gonna be a pristin/DÍA/Weki Meki group though

'*•.¸♡ NewJeans ♡¸.•*'

all this time. . . .。・:*˚:✧。

• Flop thread for an accurate description

'*•.¸♡ NewJeans ♡¸.•*'

all this time. . . .。・:*˚:✧。

• you put effort into this so ill refresh the thread :pepecute:

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!