The reason why Thai fans dislike Sorn and turn their backs on her

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

That's why Thai fans are calling Sitala "Sorn 2"

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.
    ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

• i never really knew her background, but i would say it makes sense for thai fans to not want to support her.

• I remembered watching a clip of sound saying she from a rich family. Here it is:

External Content m.youtube.com

• I'm Thai. Sorn is not popular at all in Thailand. She is hated. Her father is a politician who support Thailand's current dictator, Prayut Chan-O-Cha who came to the power in 2014 by military coup. So the Thai fans doesn't appreciate her much initially. Then many controversy came along, racist mask on instragram and tell people to chill, shut down instragram live after seeing political call out request comments and refused to call out the situation (of course her dad support a dictator and she's the same) and later she apologized, tell Thai people to shut up and said she was sick of hearing Thai people requesting her to calling out for political situation in Thailand on Tiktok (this controversy is well known in Thai kpop community, not internationally), and lastly the famous colorism Squid Game cast skin whitening cream advertisement. Thai people have had enough of her being like this.

Sorn's father information

https://www.korea boo.com/news/clc-member-sorns-father-found-aide-president-thailand/ (I have to space the word since it was censored)

Thread by @parsleyjjp, Why we should cancel Sorn from a k-pop group CLC; A THEARD [...]
    Thread by @parsleyjjp, Why we should cancel Sorn from a k-pop group CLC; A THEARD [...]
    twtext.com

Racist mask incident

CLC's Sorn Angers Fans With Racist Post On Twitter, Further Disappoints Them With Follow-Up Post - Flipboard
    koreaboo.com - CLC‘s Sorn is under fire for a Tweet she posted—then deleted—earlier today. The Tweet in question simply read “Weirdos” accompanied by the zany…
    flipboard.com

Sorn ignoring political call out and later apologize

what happened to clc sorn?
    i kept seeing clc fans said that they wont defend her and people vaguely dragged her on twitter especially thai fans. im clueless about the...
    www.reddit.com

สร CLC เคลื่อนไหวแล้ว! หลังโดนดราม่า ไม่สนใจสถานการณ์บ้านเมือง
    หลังจากที่เกิดประเด็นดราม่าขึนมาสำหรับศิลปินเกาหลีสัญชาติไทย สร CLC ที่ก่อนหน้านี้ได้มีการไลฟ์สด ซึ่งมีชาวเน็ตเข้าไปคอมเมนต์ให้เจ้าตัวออกมา
    www.brighttv.co.th

[K-POP] ‘สร’ CLC ออกมาชี้แจงผ่าน VLIVE หลังโดนทัวร์ลงประเด็นเพิกเฉยต่อการ Call Out
    เมื่อวันที่ 14 สิงหาคมที่ผ่านมา ‘สร’ สมาชิกวง CLC ได้ถูกวิพากษ์วิจารณ์อย่างหนัก หลังจากเพิกเฉยต่อการ Call Out เกี่ยวกับสถานการณ์ปัจจุบันในไทยขณะที่กำลังไลฟ์สดใน
    pantip.com

Squid game cast colorism advertisement

https://www.korea boo.com/news/clc-sorn-viral-tiktok-skin-care-squid-game-colorism-racism/

• Most/all Thai idols come from rich families.

Your family does not stay rich by opposing the Military in Thailand.

• Well, can you explain why Thai fans have completely ignored Natty? The girl got plenty of screentime with Sixteen and Idol School and got two solo comebacks, with great songs actually (although second one isnt for me lol it was aimed at tweens it seems like), and is under a legit company in CJENM. So why have Thai fans just glommed onto Lisa and completely ignored someone as talented and likeable as Natty?

• Well, can you explain why Thai fans have completely ignored Natty? The girl got plenty of screentime with Sixteen and Idol School and got two solo comebacks, with great songs actually (although second one isnt for me lol it was aimed at tweens it seems like), and is under a legit company in CJENM. So why have Thai fans just glommed onto Lisa and completely ignored someone as talented and likeable as Natty?

Natty has always been loved by Thai people since Sixteen. Every Thai people wants her to debut. Unfortunately, she failed and later left JYP. Now she debuted under Swing which is quite popular label. On the other hand, Lisa is more popular because she came from YG and Blackpink is a top girlgroup. Thai kpop fans prefer Thai idols from Big3 (HYBE included) rather than other big labels like Cube,Mnet, CJENM or etc. But when you're not Korean and debut as a soloist in Korea. It's very difficult to be successful since Koreans are very homogenous. Many Thai fans predicted that her career won't last long. If she debuted as a group, I'm sure she would attract more fans from both Korea and international.

• Natty has always been loved by Thai people since Sixteen. Every Thai people wants her to debut. Unfortunately, she failed and later left JYP. Now she debuted under Swing which is quite popular label. On the other hand, Lisa is more popular because she came from YG and Blackpink is a top girlgroup. Thai kpop fans prefer Thai idols from Big3 (HYBE included) rather than other big labels like Cube,Mnet, CJENM or etc. But when you're not Korean and debut as a soloist in Korea. It's very difficult to be successful since Koreans are very homogenous. Many Thai fans predicted that her career won't last long. If she debuted as a group, I'm sure she would attract more fans from both Korea and international.

How is Minnie perceived? she just got done with a lot of promotion in Thailand and I wonder if that got her name out there

• wasn't the late king bhumibol revered in thailand (and most of the world)?

the royal family is one of the main reasons thailand was never colonized (unlike all it neighbors).

he was also instrumental in thai development and maintaining political stability during the 20th century.

how did his son royally fk up so much good will?

i frankly don't care about an idol's political views.

they're free to have their own opinions, like you're allowed to have yours.

• Um... Thailand has had "11" Military coups or attempted coups since he was Reigning (1946 to 2018) so... He did stop one though dead in it's tracks (Bhumipol) by summoning the two people telling them to stop. So "stability" is relative. The old King was known for doing Humanitarian work for the Thai people and he reigned for so long and was seen as a "stable presence" during all the political unrest they were going through was a reason why he was highly respected by the vast Majority of the Thai people.

If you really want to know about the current King you can research it. Won't mention it here as I like going to Thailand and me commenting or anyone really can get you barred from Thailand. Thailand has the strictest Les Majesty laws in the world. It is a 15 year sentence per offense to criticize the monarchy in Thailand.

As for the of author of the twitter piece, they just made me laugh. There have been so many coups that it has become almost a routine thing there. Also half the people like the current person who did take over in a coup. There are two large political factions so the assertion that "Thailand" is united against the current PM is wrong. He may have taken over in a coup but he became PM due to an actual Vote a number of years later. So the coup probably has a negligible effect on her situation. I could name other reasons why they might not like her as much as say Lisa but they would be guesses though a lot better guesses than what auguxt did.

• Um... Thailand has had "11" Military coups or attempted coups since he was Reigning (1946 to 2018) so... He did stop one though dead in it's tracks (Bhumipol) by summoning the two people telling them to stop. So "stability" is relative. The old King was known for doing Humanitarian work for the Thai people and he reigned for so long and was seen as a "stable presence" during all the political unrest they were going through was a reason why he was highly respected by the vast Majority of the Thai people.

If you really want to know about the current King you can research it. Won't mention it here as I like going to Thailand and me commenting or anyone really can get you barred from Thailand. Thailand has the strictest Les Majesty laws in the world. It is a 15 year sentence per offense to criticize the monarchy in Thailand.

As for the of author of the twitter piece, they just made me laugh. There have been so many coups that it has become almost a routine thing there. Also half the people like the current person who did take over in a coup. There are two large political factions so the assertion that "Thailand" is united against the current PM is wrong. He may have taken over in a coup but he became PM due to an actual Vote a number of years later. So the coup probably has a negligible effect on her situation. I could name other reasons why they might not like her as much as say Lisa but they would be guesses though a lot better guesses than what auguxt did.

thanks for the insightful comment.

yours seem more credible and realistic.

blatant political agenda in some other posts.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!