Is shipping harmless or disrespectful?

• I've seen how much shipping and ship wars have taken over kpop (shipping is not just a kpop thing of course) people dont like shipping, now I think shipping is harmless if your watching a tv show, with fictional characters, and shipping them. Those people aren't real, just like shipping characters in anime, but it gets messed up when people ship real people. There are 3 types of shippers, 1. Shippers who just ship as friendship 2. Shippers who post those analysis videos that make no sense 3. Fan fiction writers. Now you can "ship" people as friends, which I guess is alright. But when you really believe that two people (from the same group or two people from different groups) are really truly dating each other than that is some weird behavior. Also, same sex shipping is a tricky road too, we do not know idols sexualities and it is not our place to say their gay or lesbian or whatever. Of course companies feed into this and fan service all the time, and idols do too. What strikes me the wrong way is fan fictions, there are a lot of really really messed up things people post and write (especially on twitter) these people are real! Imagine them finding you writing them having *** with their group mate?? Please get it together kpop stans. :pepe-back-away:

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

Edited once, last by ellenote ().

• Lol they already know and are well aware of the shipping.

Shipping is encouraged by the company and idols. Even when some say “don’t ship” the very next broadcast they indulge in fan service.

Fan service is a part of idol life and it sells. First idols need to stop queer baiting but they won’t because it sells.

I would say it’s one of the most important parts of kpop sometimes even greater than the music. Lol.

• I think shipping fictional characters is perfectly fine. As for real people, I find it kind of weird but I don't mind it as long as you are aware that it is not real, meaning you don't go shoving the ship down the idols' or fans' throats

• it depends... for example taekook shippers have crossed the line multiple times, so much so that bighit had to make a statement about it. on the other hand, johnny and ten from nct like it when their fans ship them because of their fun nature when they're together. so i think shipping is okay as long as you don't want them to legitimately be together and are making inappropriate uses of their duo. to the point where they are/ would be clearly uncomfortable.

• Tae told people to get it out of their heads. When celebs take time to interact with fans and they start this garbage and make him uncomfortable then you have so crossed the line. And then to go and twist his words, these shippers have no respect for him at all. Makes me so mad

• if it's privately then fine, who cares. but if it's in public and ur making people uncomfortable then you need to stop. u know who u are...

also, gay ships aren't any different from shipping a male and female idol. aren't they assuming that the idols are straight? there shouldn't be any double standards. seriously, it's homophobic if u think 'soobin and arin would be so cute together aww' and also say 'shipping soobin and yeonjun is immoral and disgusting.' and a lot of y'all actually do this. it's wrong. im not a shipper or anything but some of y'alls justifications for not liking mlm or wlw ships are very weird. like it's only "assuming sexuality" when it's a sexuality other than straight.

• Romantic and sexual shipping of real ppl is straight cringe. Anyone who takes these ships seriously are weirdos, especially if the ppl in the ship have openly expressed that shipping makes them very uncomfortable (I'm looking at you Larries and Taekook shippers). You care more about your fantasies than their feelings and that's just downright pathetic and inconsiderate. Get your shit together, losers

:danceb:

• if it's privately then fine, who cares. but if it's in public and ur making people uncomfortable then you need to stop. u know who u are...

also, gay ships aren't any different from shipping a male and female idol. aren't they assuming that the idols are straight? there shouldn't be any double standards. seriously, it's homophobic if u think 'soobin and arin would be so cute together aww' and also say 'shipping soobin and yeonjun is immoral and disgusting.' and a lot of y'all actually do this. it's wrong. im not a shipper or anything but some of y'alls justifications for not liking mlm or wlw ships are very weird. like it's only "assuming sexuality" when it's a sexuality other than straight.

This was about to be my response but with different wording.

There is nothing inherently wrong with shipping real people as a private hobby, or even when it's done in a very small group setting, but once you make it public and go about making analysis videos and try to 'convert' people to your ship things get a bit weird. There is always the potential for the people involved to find about the shipping culture/content and be displeased with it.

Also the whole gay shipping is weird/riskier is just plain homophobia. There is virtually zero difference between a straight ship and a gay one.

• Nothing wrong with enjoying the relationship itself, it can be cute.

When it comes to fanfictions, I have my opinion on it, but at least people who write and read it are aware that this is. Well. Fiction.

The issue is people who... I don't know, are 'fighting' for their ships ? Who are making video analysis on why these two people had a quickie at an award show, use fake translations and edits to support their ships, and build a fake narrative. The issue is with the cult/conspiracy theory that these people are creating.

Ya I'm talking about Taekookers, there is a reason they are the Larries of Kpop.

Edit : But yeah once again we need to remember that the issue with shipping isn't the gay btw. Writing a Y/N fanfic or a Sope fanfic is the same thing. If you believe JK/Tatoo girl is real, then you're just the same as people who believe that Jikook is real.

• I've seen how much shipping and ship wars have taken over kpop (shipping is not just a kpop thing of course) people dont like shipping, now I think shipping is harmless if your watching a tv show, with fictional characters, and shipping them. Those people aren't real, just like shipping characters in anime, but it gets messed up when people ship real people. There are 3 types of shippers, 1. Shippers who just ship as friendship 2. Shippers who post those analysis videos that make no sense 3. Fan fiction writers. Now you can "ship" people as friends, which I guess is alright. But when you really believe that two people (from the same group or two people from different groups) are really truly dating each other than that is some weird behavior. Also, same sex shipping is a tricky road too, we do not know idols sexualities and it is not our place to say their gay or lesbian or whatever. Of course companies feed into this and fan service all the time, and idols do too. What strikes me the wrong way is fan fictions, there are a lot of really really messed up things people post and write (especially on twitter) these people are real! Imagine them finding you writing them having *** with their group mate?? Please get it together kpop stans. :pepe-back-away:

I agree, especially with this sentence: "now I think shipping is harmless if your watching a tv show, with fictional characters, and shipping them. Those people aren't real, just like shipping characters in anime, but it gets messed up when people ship real people." Don't blame Once shipping Twice members because those are jokes...I hope ^^

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!