The korean music industry weak?

• Kpop is visual art besides being music, it mainly appeals to teens and young adults, Idols sell that visually appealing freshful youthful image, so it's something that only lasts short time. Also it doesn't help that they are very much controlled by companies so if u get old they will lose focus on u and focus on their new acts more. Also kpop releases so much so it may make people to get bored eventually and shift to newer acts.

• Do you mean diversity in korean people's music taste? When I see melon chart, I only see GG songs, soloist, BTS, and drama ost. While in oricon and BB Japan chart or Japan music show/festival, they're more diverse from band, soloist, indie, idol, rock, kpop, anime ost, etc. Is that what you mean?

not in necessary in chart but in term of artist age group, for example Hyde (jrock artist)

Nope. In almost every countries in the world, senior singers/bands barely gain any new fan. Not like you can easily find an Ayumi Hamasaki loving Japanese teenager or a youth in The Eagle's concert.

You have heard many K-drama ost by non-idol yet, you asked this question. Your cognition is rather selective.

yet she can still pull this out, where we don't see korean artist do the same (on her age range )

btw I don't listen to non idol ost a lot , my playlist is more ost than kpop songs

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Before the pandemic, many popular Korean artists in their 40's still made much money thus, they must have many activities we didn't know about. Those in 50's are senile and cannot be so active. Most talented singers cannot sing so well anymore in this age.

what is your source? most of them make money because they have investment, why they're not invited to popular music show end of the year show or they don't have special anniversary appearance ..etc the most popular show that I follow and I find older artists are duet song festival tv chosun shows , immortal song and sometimes yoo hee yeol's sketchbook

more of this

• Its simple, western(us) and japan music industry is much bigger than korea. Korean music industry is small compared to them, most of popular kpop group are popular in oversea more than local. In korean, kpop is like a fast food, they like young idol more when the new one debut the old one will be forgotabble and the cycle continue. Thats why not many survived 7 year contract. :pepe-tea:

• Those in 50's are senile and cannot be so active. Most talented singers cannot sing so well anymore in this age.

:ak_minahugh:

50’s are not senile and there is plenty of people who still has carriers at that age. Please do remember this comment for a long time so you can be embarrassed of your own stupidity when you gonna be the same age and “senile”.

• :ak_minahugh:

50’s are not senile and there is plenty of people who still has carriers at that age. Please do remember this comment for a long time so you can be embarrassed of your own stupidity when you gonna be the same age and “senile”.

If you are 12 then 40 is senile maybe?

Rolling Stones are selling out stadiums and have more stamina than western artists at 25. And they are 78.

Who cares 🤷‍♀️

• yet she can still pull this out, where we don't see korean artist do the same (on her age range )

btw I don't listen to non idol ost a lot , my playlist is more ost than kpop songs

what is your source? most of them make money because they have investment, why they're not invited to popular music show end of the year show or they don't have special anniversary appearance ..etc the most popular show that I follow and I find older artists are duet song festival tv chosun shows , immortal song and sometimes yoo hee yeol's sketchbook

more of this

You just presented that Ayumi had enough aged fans to buy concert tickets, not that she got many young fans.

What an utter stupidity. A one does not have to be on TV show to make money. Some washed out singers in my country could make 10x above average wage via performance gigs.

This is real stupidity. Celine Dion does not sound like how she was a decade ago. Rarely any singer in her 50's sounds like how she sounded in her 30's. No drummer can still play like how he did in his 30's when he is in 50's.

Besides, those in 50's surely feel more tiring when the transportation takes long thus, it is harder for them to travel to and fro around the country.

Rolling Stones are selling out stadiums and have more stamina than western artists at 25. And they are 78.

How many time a year Rolling Stones can play full scale concert?

You were very absurd saying ones in 70's had better stamina than those in 20's.

• Well...Arashi on their 40's and they're still very much exist. And whenever I watch kouhaku every year, the age range from performers also quite diverse.

Btw oot, that bzzz user above reminds me of the banned troll in Arama, their username even similar :angryr:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!