Ranking Golden Child title tracks (Unpopular Opinions!!!)

• Welcome! I'm bored plus there's no Golcha content on here so I'm making some! This'll probably be a flop but eh, don't care. Going bottom to top. I included follow-up singles with mvs, but not singles with choreography videos (so no I see you, If, etc.)

14. Ra Pam Pam:

Yes! Golcha's most successful song is my least favourite single! Ra Pam Pam is a latin-inspired pop song that I have heard too many times before. This song isn't particularly bad, but the intro really doesn't set the tone well and the rap/bridge staggers the whole song. Would have really preferred Fanfare or Spell for lead single. The chrous slaps though.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

13. ONE (Lucid Dream)

I have really nothing to say about this song except it's really forgettable. It's only above Rap Pam Pam due to Tag selling his rap (makes me float in the air)

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

12. Wannabe

The album's name which Wannabe appears on is accurate as hell: 'Reboot'. This song kicked off Golden Child's on-going mature image. It's also Golcha's first collaboration with BLSSD. The song itself has a great, kind of muted, beat that would be nice to hear more of. The verses pre-chorus builds up tension whilst Tag and Jangjun absolutely steal the show with their raps. The chorus unfortunately drops the ball on the tension and seduction of the track, but it's easy to get over once you hear Seungmin's voice during the second pre-chorus.

11. Ddara

I have no idea how to describe Ddara. Loud percussion with synths packed to make one hell of an instrumental, never heard anything like it in k-pop before. Sadly, the lyricism doesn't build on it. The verses kind of drag on. Great as an opener to an album, not the damn promoting material. Chorus slaps though.

10. Spring Again

This the point where I have no major issues with the songs promoted! Yay! Spring Again is a laid-back, mid tempo, coffee-house type of song. Not my favourite type of K-pop, not going to lie, but the lyrics are what I love about this song; it tells a story of the aftermath of a fight, something in the vein of Brave Girl's We Ride. It's a grounded perspective of someone's relationship coming to an end, and I love that. The chorus and rappers are what sell this song to me, as they showcase the emotions in the track. This would be higher if Spring Again was in English though, would be more emotional to me.

External Content www.youtube.com

9. Without You

I have no idea why I like this song so much. Wannabe and Lucid Dream pack more punch into it yet I keep coming back to Without You. It's the more subtle of the two I mentioned, and I guess I like that. Not much to say, I just really like it (plus blonde Seungmin is always a treat).

8. Pump it Up

My first comeback with the boys, and my first physical album of theirs! Also the first bright song on this list! Pump it up is full of fabulous fun which Golden Child carries. The chorus is catchy as! You will be singing Pump It Pump It Up! And we're not halfway through the list! Jibeom is glowing!

7. Burn it

The last mature/dark sounding song on this list. The main vocalists give it their all in the chorus and the message is very comforting (also works well with the mv!). The structure is a bit iffy (Pre-chorus, intro(?), verse, re-chorus, chorus, hook, verse, chorus, rap/bridge, hook), but the song has grown too much on me to even care about it now lol. The mv will have you in tears.

6. Let Me

YES OR NO NAEGA MALHAEJWO NE MAMUEL LET ME LOVE YOU! If this wasn't the song that got me into Golcha, then this would defenitely be last place. But, for the first year I was into k-pop, I watched Mcountdown, and guess what idols performed what song? I love this! Packed with flavour and catchy, so good! The beat change may be unpleasant to people but I'm too biased to care!

External Content www.youtube.com

5. Lady

We've made it to the top five! And our first B-side! Lady is an emotional rollercoaster, musically and lyrically. The song tells a story about someone dealing with unrequited love, and although the story doesn't go on, I can't help but shed a tear. The music iteself starts soft then builds into a sad pop-ballad(?) of synths and light percussion. I want a song like this again, I want Golden Child to have another Lady.

4. Damdadi

This is, by far, the worst styling and hair Golden Child has ever got (please pray for Tag and Seungmin), but the song itself is that of somebody popping gum! Loud drums, brass, you hear that guitar. You will be singing damdadi damdadi dam, and my god does the bridge build into a wonder of sorts. I need another Golcha baseball concept

3. Breathe

Woohoo, top three! Breathe is polished like a diamond, bright like the sun, and punches you in the gut with its first chrous, yet the first verse flows and we listen to Jaehyun's great delivery of "sunrise". Then the rappers take the cake in the second verse and bridge. Everyone gets to show off in this song. The lead and sub vocals get a chance to sing at the end, the main vocals clean their pipes, hell Bomin has a line in the bridge! Breathe is a great showcase of Golden Child's abilities, not to mention the song is great itself.

2. It's U

I think for many people It's U would be down near the bottom. The song doesn't accomplish much until the choruses, yet I still play this on repeat! The chorus is amazing, the verses flow, and the final moments of the song, the breakdown(?) is just blessing to my ears. I love this song and I don't know why!

1. Genie

I'll be there! Genie is pop rocks as a song, only if the candy were fireworks that played music while it popped. The rappers get to show off the three parts(!) in the song, whilst the instrumental provides slap after slap of loud drums, electronic sounds, and the main vocals and even sub vocal Donghyun can showoff in the choruses. The song delivers a blow in the final chorus, repeating refrain after refrain. This is one of the best songs of k-pop, fight me!

Wow, I did it.

Thank you for reading, how would you rank Golcha's mvs???

(I can finally put the damn taglist into use!)

• I don't have a ranking of goldcha tt's but I'd definitely put Breathe near the top as well if I were to rank them! It's refreshing and very catchy! I had it on seriously replay when I first heard it.

:pepemusic:

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• I love this!!!!

• our taste is a little bit different :pepe-peek:

but I like all songs, it's hard to rank them :pepefrog:

My Ranking:

1. Without You

2. One Lucid Dream

3. Ra Pam Pam

4. Wannabe

5. Ddara

6. Burn It

7. Lady

8. Breathe

9. Pump It Up

10. Spring Again

11. Damdadi

12. Genie

13. Let Me

14. It's U

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!