Discussing Twice’s ‘decline’ is more boring than their comeback

• It’s like we know, Twice hasn’t been the top public hype since the pre-corona years. That was like a lifetime ago. Now the majority of their fans and followers have other shit in their priorities list: pay bills, feed the baby or cat, whatever other shit adults do.

Staying up all night and day to stream a song on multiple devices is what kids do, and it shows on the charts.

Remember, the reason these popular Big 3 groups are popular is because of their brand. The music is just a delivery method. Watching their MV once, almost 7 years later, is good enough for most fans. They had their fill already. They love Twice but they won’t be obsessing about the achievements of others which will have zero impact to them, now they have to worry about their own damn lives after all that wasted youth doing stanning.

That’s why I just roll my eyes when I see these people treat Twice’s ‘decline’ like BREAKING NEWS.

• This is inaccurate. A KPOP group goes through a natural rise and decline in their life span. It's that simple. Unless you have western success and fandoms outside Asia like BTS and Blackpink then you don't have to worry about declining because western market don't care if the artists are old aka over 20 or who the idols are dating and if they are dating. They also don't care if the artist/groups have children or not and so on.

This is why I feel JYPE is rushing with Twice to make them famous in the western market because they know once Twice succeeds they don't need to worry about their decline.

Unfortunately for Twice, they have started targeting the western market late with their music. Also, their music style isn't appealing to western audience as much as it does with hip hop/rap concept which BTS and Blackpink have.

• This is inaccurate. A KPOP group goes through a natural rise and decline in their life span. It's that simple. Unless you have western success and fandoms outside Asia like BTS and Blackpink then you don't have to worry about declining because western market don't care if the artists are old aka over 20 or who the idols are dating and if they are dating. They also don't care if the artist/groups have children or not and so on.

This is why I feel JYPE is rushing with Twice to make them famous in the western market because they know once Twice succeeds they don't need to worry about their decline.

Unfortunately for Twice, they have started targeting the western market late with their music. Also, their music style isn't appealing to western audience as much as it does with hip hop/rap concept which BTS and Blackpink have.

i don't think this is true. i think itzy was who they wanted to hit big in western markets but it just didn't work out quickly enough or in the way they wanted. twice just kind of happened upon it so they're trying to take advantage while they still can.

ɪ

cf2178e469192fe5d3974a86c101545f41e74afb.gifv

• i don't think this is true. i think itzy was who they wanted to hit big in western markets but it just didn't work out quickly enough or in the way they wanted. twice just kind of happened upon it so they're trying to take advantage while they still can.

ITZY doesn't have a US label and Twice does. Twice supposedly taking the western market which they didn't and still doesn't work out for them. The feels literally flopped on US charts and left quickly as soon as it debut at 83 at BBHot100 which Blackpink already debut around 50 with a Korean song.

Sorry to say, Twice just doesn't have the western appeal to succeed there.

• For some reason, I think TWICE is kind of growing internationally faster than ITZY? It seems like ITZY's music is "stronger" and fits the "international" concept more but then TWICE's music is having its own legacy?

This is inaccurate. A KPOP group goes through a natural rise and decline in their life span. It's that simple. Unless you have western success and fandoms outside Asia like BTS and Blackpink then you don't have to worry about declining because western market don't care if the artists are old aka over 20 or who the idols are dating and if they are dating. They also don't care if the artist/groups have children or not and so on.

I agree with many points you made, and TWICE just did so well with The Feels. I think TWICE is changing their direction now, because if they stick in Korea for more, they would not be stable because Korea is known to "move on" after a "generation change".

But for international fans, I feel like we are more loyal. This is why I think changing direction for TWICE is a quite good strategy.

No one wants to sing all cutie songs for more than 7 years. The formula of success in which is commonly used is creating an "EARWORM". TWICE could have done that for more and more after so many years, but they didn't. They could have made the songs which include some kinds of phrases that are so addictive, like TT, Knock Knock, Likey, What Is Love?, Dance The Night Away, Yes Or Yes?... which will probably do very well and again get their big success, but they didn't.

They are now doing so many different concepts and trying new style songs, focusing on the song overall and not always the earworms.

The Feels has a lot of earworms and addictive parts, and it has amazing longevity, but Alcohol-Free or Scientist doesn't focus on that factor, so I think there might be a reason. But then it's TWICE, I love their music, I just hate it when certain people like downgrading their success while they have achieved so much in their time and now aiming for other ways.

:iloveyoub: BRIGHTWIN FOREVER :iloveyoub: SARAWATTINE FOREVER :iloveyoub: 2GETHER FOREVER :iloveyoub: 

Bom tấn đam mỹ 2gether "đánh úp" bản điện ảnh, cặp BrightWin sắp sửa cưới  nhau hoành tráng?

• Hmm.. maybe it's just the current music not appealing to the former/new fans and the public? Because, in my fandom, people have jobs and still find time to support the group. I mean, as a doctor, I still find time to fangirl and enjoy events with others in the fandom (and these are professionals with family/kids) . It's not really an issue. for us. But then again, we also have to take into consideration that this is kpop and alot of these fans can be fickle and often move on to the next new shiny thing. Goodluck to the girls tho! Who knows, things can change right?

• For some reason, I think TWICE is kind of growing internationally faster than ITZY? It seems like ITZY's music is "stronger" and fits the "international" concept more but then TWICE's music is having its own legacy?

I agree with many points you made, and TWICE just did so well with The Feels. I think TWICE is changing their direction now, because if they stick in Korea for more, they would not be stable because Korea is known to "move on" after a "generation change".

But for international fans, I feel like we are more loyal. This is why I think changing direction for TWICE is a quite good strategy.

No one wants to sing all cutie songs for more than 7 years. The formula of success in which is commonly used is creating an "EARWORM". TWICE could have done that for more and more after so many years, but they didn't. They could have made the songs which include some kinds of phrases that are so addictive, like TT, Knock Knock, Likey, What Is Love?, Dance The Night Away, Yes Or Yes?... which will probably do very well and again get their big success, but they didn't.

They are now doing so many different concepts and trying new style songs, focusing on the song overall and not always the earworms.

Twice has an US label who helps them promote in the US shows and helps them with western magazine. ITZY debut on Billboard 200 at 11 without US label. ITZY will be bigger in the western market once they have an US label who backs them as same as Twice has now.

Twice issues are that no western artists wants to collab with them or listen to their cute songs. Cute concept doesn't work in the US as much as it does in Asia. For example, Blackpink has a western appeal and they music are what western audience wants same as BTS. Both these groups have a Hip Hop and Rap concept which is loved by western market.

I think JYPE is trying to change their style but it just doesn't work. Cry for me was actually okay. Now, most people think their latest song is boring because they want back to the cute concept and nobody wants to see grown women act like teenage girls. They are trying to secure the bag in Asia which is smart on their part. They went the safe route.

• Twice has an US label who helps them promote in the US shows and helps them with western magazine. ITZY debut on Billboard 200 at 11 without US label. ITZY will be bigger in the western market once they have an US label who backs them as same as Twice has now.

Twice issues are that no western artists wants to collab with them or listen to their cute songs. Cute concept doesn't work in the US as much as it does in Asia. For example, Blackpink has a western appeal and they music are what western audience wants same as BTS. Both these groups have a Hip Hop and Rap concept which is loved by western market.

I think JYPE is trying to change their style but it just doesn't work. Cry for me was actually okay. Now, most people think their latest song is boring because they want back to the cute concept and nobody wants to see grown women act like teenage girls. They are trying to secure the bag in Asia which is smart on their part. They went the safe route.

You do have a point I agree though! But I think they are just switching concepts, not because they wanna do a lot of cute again (that's only for me).

:iloveyoub: BRIGHTWIN FOREVER :iloveyoub: SARAWATTINE FOREVER :iloveyoub: 2GETHER FOREVER :iloveyoub: 

Bom tấn đam mỹ 2gether "đánh úp" bản điện ảnh, cặp BrightWin sắp sửa cưới  nhau hoành tráng?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!