[KN] Before and after BTS changed their visual director

• source: Before and after BTS changed their visual director

Before and after BTS changed their visual director – Knetizen – Netizens talk about K-Pop

When Kim Sung Hyun was the visual director

Before-and-after-BTS-changed-their-visual-director-1.jpg

When Lee Ha Jeong was the visual director

Before-and-after-BTS-changed-their-visual-director-2-768x2656.jpg

Kim Sung Hyun 2018 AMAs

Before-and-after-BTS-changed-their-visual-director-3-2048x1537.jpg

Lee Ha Jeong 2020 AMAs

Before-and-after-BTS-changed-their-visual-director-4.jpg

Kim Sung Hyun 2019 Grammy

Before-and-after-BTS-changed-their-visual-director-5.jpg

Lee Ha Jeong 2021 Grammy

Before-and-after-BTS-changed-their-visual-director-6-2048x1536.jpg

Kim Sung Hyun’s everyday style

Kim-Sung-Hyuns-everyday-style-scaled.jpg

Lee Ha Jeong’s everyday style

Lee-Ha-Jeongs-everyday-style-scaled.jpg

Just by looking at this, you can see a stark difference between the two of them in terms of fit

Before-and-after-BTS-changed-their-visual-director-7.gif

Before-and-after-BTS-changed-their-visual-director-8.jpg

Before-and-after-BTS-changed-their-visual-director-9.jpeg

All the praises for BTS’ coordi in the past are thanks to Kim Sung Hyun

Kim Sung Hyun gave his response today saying that he is no longer the visual director of BTS

Looks like ARMYs sent a lot of DMs to complain on his Instagram

original post: pann

1. [+174, -1] Ha Jeong-ah, why do you want to get paid while working like this? You should resign

1-2.jpg

2. [1+71, -1] I’m sure ARMYs 100% hate all BTS outfits now

3. [+170, -2] BTS outfits during the ON era that Lee Ha Jeong says she likes the most during all her activitiesㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ From what I can see, she doesn’t seem to have any talent or sense in regards to fashion

3-1-2048x1637.jpg

4. [+68, -0] She lets BTS wear outfits that look like the Harry Styles outfits she likes, as if she has no pride or conscience as the coordi of the world’s top singer. Just leave the BTS agency and go see Harry Styles right now

4-scaled.jpg

5. [+52, -0] Here’s a photo that was published in the New York Times, seriously, I wonder if the clothes and shoes match well;

5-2.jpg

6. [+44, -0] I don’t know much about idols so I don’t know how they wear such big shoes while dancing and then national treasure level idols can injure their ankles. Why didn’t the agency talk to her about it?

7. [+36, -0] Seriously, Lee Ha Jeong-nim, I wish you left Big Hit… Please

8. [+24, -0] Lee Ha Jeong, why are you like that? If you have a conscience, please resign

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.

• Not @ knetz wanting them to always wear basic black suits to award shows. The fit issues are another thing and them getting shoes few sizes too big is shameful on their "long-time stylistic team", but I like the recent pop of color. Not always, and some styles have been gaudy and too much, but there were a lot I liked (the Harry Styles pants on V, for example).

But I agree that the other stylist really was superior in terms of fit and dressing them in things that suit them a lot.

mKl7Ghm.png

• They went after her neck lmaooo this post is exposed material with receipts and everything

But I think OP cherry picked posts with outfits that better fit their idea of how the previous stylist was better, their BBMAS 2018 outfits were so ugly I'm still traumatized by them (with Jin's exception). I'm more for tame styling but Dynamite was great tbh, idk, I think she is too experimental but isn't this what is trendy these days? The worst for me are the unfitting clothes, giving Suga those pants that look 2x longer than him should never have happened in the first place, and those harry styles comparisions do seem sus but these I'll give the benefit of doubt because celebrities all over the worls wear similar branded clothes when its season.

• Yeah, but also their concept changed. In the past, they had darker concepts, and now are brighter, so the clothes have to match that. Imagine singing Butter dressed in full black lol.

Plus, it's not totally her fault. Mostly, the companies do not buy the clothes, they receive them from sponsors so she has to work with that. But if she bought them,,, at least she should communicate better the size of every member, it's really bad for their ankles to dance in those big shoes.

• Oh my God this outfit

3-1-2048x1637.jpg

So these outfits (especially Hobi) make me think of Star Wars and it makes me so mad that when they did the On stage that literally had a Death Star... they just wore black leather. This would have been perfect for that stage.

Stylist should have been written up for that tbh. :p

• its alright to not like outfits but don't go harassing the stylists

they act like its one person taking these decisions

let the people who work with bts work in peace goddamnit

Criticism is healthy and often warranted, but harassment? People are so out of line.

mKl7Ghm.png

• LMAO the previous stylist was definitely better imo, but out of all the newer outfits posted, I actually liked these the most. They give me desert earth-toned Rick Owens vibes. I agree J-Hope's is the worst of the bunch though.

N Ξ O C I T Y

EWwNl6R.png

• Were people commenting on the stylists personal insta?? Or on their business account of BTS posts??

It's totally uncalled for to go comment such stuff on their personal sns or posts about other things or artists. These are not the places to leave such comments and won't ever fall under 'criticism'.

The post also seems a bit biased with picking up outfits, but I also feel like their have been more misses than before. It seems to be improving these last months and their concert fits are always great imo. Mostly if they have to wear it for a longer duration maybe more thought is put into it.

Their have been a lot of misses recently but when they hit, they hit lol. They do a great job then.

Like this was great

images (18)-1.jpeg

EgB-WtJUcAAdC-y.jpg

I just hope there are no misses as bad as this anymore :pepewash:

images (1) (3).jpeg

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!