[Pann] Fans criticize HYBE's poor treatment of BTS this year

• [enter-talk] BUT I'M CURIOUS ABOUT WHAT HYBE IS THINKING

Why aren't they taking care of Bangtan?? They were originally bad at doing their work but even if you just look roughly at the way Bangtan is being treated, you can tell that they are not being taken care of. Honestly, why are they doing that? Do they not think about their contract renewal??? Are they trying to suck everything they can out of them and throw them away?

post response:
    [+319][-22]
    original post: here

1. [+115, -3]
    Do you know about this? Bangtan were the ones who started the Halloween choreography but we're the only ones who didn't get any Halloween content

2. [+106, -1]
    It's just f*cking obvious that they are doing this on purpose but I don't even know why they are doing that and what they should do. Trending hashtags don't get through them and protest trucks don't work either so the fans are just exhausted now and can't think of what to do next. It's a total mess

3. [+94, -3]
    The most dumbfounding thing to me is the fact that Bangtan didn't even release any album this year. After I joined the fandom, they regularly released around 2 mini albums or full album in a year but this year, they only released singles ㅜ Bangtan is always busy because of their schedule but Armys don't have any real time fangirl material ㅋㅋ f*ck

4.[+49, 0]
    Their goal is to lower their dependence on BTS no?ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ this says it all. Who doesn't know that Big Hit is f*cking lurking on community websites and censoring things? They also know all the backlash about their coordis. If they can manipulate the public's opinion, there's no way they don't know about their atrocities. But even so, they still purposely act like that. They are trying to push the fans to quit the fandom. Lowering their dependence on Bangtan = launching their rookies ㅇㅇ so that Bangtan's fandom moves to the next group. They said that they will be launching 6 groups next year

5. [+30, 0]
    I lack the strength to even hate on them now. They f*cking don't know anything of what the fans want. They are just trying to confront us ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Tell me if my voice isn’t real
    If I shouldn’t have thrown myself away

sFWYLKc.gif

• All this backlash for not posting Halloween content??? A bit extreme imo

Iirc, the last time we got a special performance for halloween was in 2017 (snow white GO GO) so this complaint doesn’t make sense at all.

BH is far from perfect but this is a non issue

• Umm.. what was the season's greetings 2022 teaser released today?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• All this backlash for not posting Halloween content??? A bit extreme imo

Iirc, the last time we got a special performance for halloween was in 2017 (snow white GO GO) so this complaint doesn’t make sense at all.

BH is far from perfect but this is a non issue

Umm.. what was the season's greetings 2022 teaser released today?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I'm pretty sure thats why some fans are angry. Instead of posting free content (thats a part of their tradition before), Bighit decided to selling things instead. I honestly can understand why some fans (esp the old one) got "mad", one of BTS strong point before were how much free content they used to put out. But now one by one everything got even more commercialized. They jack up the album price (BE), they released an album with only 2 songs in it, etc.

Edited 3 times, last by marsha3 ().

• I'm pretty sure thats why some fans are angry. Instead of posting free content (thats a part of their tradition before), Bighit decided to selling things instead.

I don't recall lots of halloween content from them then? I'm only 2018 ARMY though. mochicake said the last time they gave out any significant content was 2017? Last year I think we got them posing in costumes in front of the Billboard charts... We got free little vignettes in the teaser this year.

• Oh wow

So because hybe isn't working them to the bone as obviously as they have in the past Bts is being negleted??

I've noticed it over the past couple of years but some army are really getting an unfounded sense of entitlement. :S

• I don't recall lots of halloween content from them then? I'm only 2018 ARMY though. mochicake said the last time they gave out any significant content was 2017? Last year I think we got them posing in costumes in front of the Billboard charts... We got free little vignettes in the teaser this year.

Well last year they posted a photo at least. Its not just the Halloween content itself imo. But how they seems to reduced free concent, and pushing out the commercialized products (Seasons Greetings) Ig. I mean other group done that as well. But BTS used to be very generous with their free content.

• Well last year they posted a photo at least. Its not just the Halloween content itself imo. But how they seems to reduced free concent, and pushing out the commercialized products (Seasons Greetings) Ig. I mean other group done that as well. But BTS used to be very generous with their free content.

The teaser is still free though... and those scenes for Halloween were well done. I actuallly feel we got more this year cause video > static pic...

• The teaser is still free though... and those scenes for Halloween were well done. I actuallly feel we got more this year cause video > static pic...

Lmao the teaser is just an advertisement for Seasons Greeting. It's not like last year we didn't get a teaser for SG2021 as well.

• This is true, but I didn't tie it to Halloween like I did this one.

Its just the timing Ig. Some fans were expecting a free Halloween content, yet what they got is an ads to buy a product instead.

• Crying about free content is such a bad narrative when bts have worked their ass off shooting 100+ run eps :(

Its the DECREASING amount of free content thats the main concern for some fans I think. While the amount of paid content stayed the same or even increase.

Oh wow

So because hybe isn't working them to the bone as obviously as they have in the past Bts is being negleted??

I've noticed it over the past couple of years but some army are really getting an unfounded sense of entitlement. :S

I don't think K-Army will be mad if what Bighit cut out is a paid content, e.g. 'Winter Pack' or 'In The Soop'

• Its just the timing Ig. Some fans were expecting a free Halloween content, yet what they got is an ads to buy a product instead.

No these fans are just annoying as FUCK and entitled.

They would of complained regardless. If they BTS did do a costume picture or dance practice.. the complaint would’ve been that the costumes aren’t good enough.

Just like they complained about concept pictures, just like complained about birthday cake. Complain that BTS doesn’t go live as often. Complain about BTS not releasing korean music. Complain about BTS not going on music shows (even though BTS has clearly shown and expressed their disdain for them). Complain about outfits, complain complain complain... me.. me.. me.. well it’s not about what YOU want and BTS IS NOT OBLIGATED TO GOVE YOU ANYTHING!

Run is free.. In The Soop can be watched for free... all of BTS performances are free. This weird ass kpop logic is tiresome. Every other day is mantis and solos kicking up shit.

Music & Perfomances is BTS priority.

• I can see that being disappointing, but to then turn around and accuse Hybe of poor treatment? I don't think BTS see it that way and honestly that sounds pretty...extreme.

Well I can't read BTS or Hybe employee's mind lol. But as a long time fans, I think I can understand why some fans got mad, is what I want to say Ig. Personally idrc tho.

• BTS fandom are very big, some fans might complained abt A, other fans complained abt B, etc. So it seems like BTS fans complained all the time. If the matter is insignificant, most of the complaint got scattered around anyway and will fade away on its own, from what I see.

Edited once, last by marsha3 ().

• Well, as much as I think hybe/bighit don't treat BTS well enough as an act that literally build that company (obvious creative directors, staff etc are included but you know what I mean), some people really expect them already pushing in their 30s to drop as much content as they did in their early years and that is just not realistic... idk when it comes to these issues I have conflicted views

• Other than the prices, I don't agree with the other "complaints". I do think HYBE should do better with promotions as well but it isn't mentioned here so let it be.

Not releasing an album this year is a valid decision. If you can't promote an album, no need to put it out just for the sake of it.

BTS are not a typical kpop group anymore.

There is already so much content out there that I haven't even gotten around everything even though I have been a fan for more than 2 years.

If you really think HYBE or BigHit has as much control over BTS as other companies then you just haven't realised their power.

• Fans with the typical kpop mentality are sighhhh mantis are annoying af regardless of where they are from. As an old army from dope era, their complaints sounds like bunch of whining cos BTS won’t do the typical kpop shit.

Lets not degrade other people's opinion man.

• I'm pretty sure thats why some fans are angry. Instead of posting free content (thats a part of their tradition before), Bighit decided to selling things instead. I honestly can understand why some fans (esp the old one) got "mad", one of BTS strong point before were how much free content they used to put out. But now one by one everything got even more commercialized. They jack up the album price (BE), they released an album with only 2 songs in it, etc.

To be frank we have no idea what’s going on behind the scenes. These fans were mad that there’s no halloween content but we saw Taehyung posting on weverse that he basically didnt care about halloween (and probably is too busy practicing for the offline con in 27 Nov; that’s where BTS priorities lie: music and performances).

I for one also dislike the way BE album rolls out but it is also possible that it is BTS decision to NOT release an album this year, due to: pending tours, still cannot actively promote. Also making an album is not an easy process, BTS will probably have intense involvement on the next album and they are taking time with their craft. It’s okay with that. Also bighit trying to make the most of that situation by releasing a butter CD is not a peculiar move, some people release CD albums, it’s not new.

Also, didnt we forget that it is BTS decision to pause Run? idk maybe they’re really busy and next year is focused on TOURING, their main purpose in being BTS, really? Some of these kfans are entitled as fuck.

• To be frank we have no idea what’s going on behind the scenes. These fans were mad that there’s no halloween content but we saw Taehyung posting on weverse that he basically didnt care about halloween (and probably is too busy practicing for the offline con in 27 Nov; that’s where BTS priorities lie: music and performances).

I for one also dislike the way BE album rolls out but it is also possible that it is BTS decision to NOT release an album this year, due to: pending tours, still cannot actively promote. Also making an album is not an easy process, BTS will probably have intense involvement on the next album and they are taking time with their craft. It’s okay with that. Also bighit trying to make the most of that situation by releasing a butter CD is not a peculiar move, some people release CD albums, it’s not new.

Also, didnt we forget that it is BTS decision to pause Run? idk maybe they’re really busy and next year is focused on TOURING, their main purpose in being BTS, really? Some of these kfans are entitled as fuck.

Well I already said I can't read BTS or Bighit employee's mind and I don't work for them, so wtv speculation ppl have, thats the reality thats happening rn regarding BTS content.

• Personally I don't care about Halloween at all so I didn't even notice. But it's interesting to see the reactions.

Like people draw the line and consider overworking a photo they could have posted or a video but I didn't see the same comments for the Season Greetings, Summer Package, in the soop, the numerous babgtan bombs being followed by a camera along

I understand that complaints can be tiring and certainly not welcome in this fandom but it's still fascinating.

BTS still relies on kpop and fandom culture way too much and they can't drop it no matter how much song Armys might like it. Fan service, almost daily merch and providing a way different fan experience than most Western artist even do are a good example of that

This is why some fans, and most likely older ones who used to get that content, don't like it.

And based on the fact that this year they focused more on content than music, I don't find it weird that certain expectations were raised.

At the end of the day it is not a big deal imo they didn't post anything and I wouldn't call this things mistreatment. BTS aren't mistreated, milked or not getting the absolute best in resources every single time as they deserve yes, but not mistreated.

These are the observations of the former Manti resident.

• Well I already said I can't read BTS or Bighit employee's mind and I don't work for them, so wtv speculation ppl have, thats the reality thats happening rn regarding BTS content.

Most of the things I said are not speculation, though? You may retort to Taehyung’s weverse post just this morning. Also the latest Run BTS where they said it was their own decision to pause Run. :sleeping:

• Most of the things I said are not speculation, though? You may retort to Taehyung’s weverse post just this morning. Also the latest Run BTS where they said it was their own decision to pause Run. :sleeping:

All the bolded part are speculation, unless you can give me official source/link that said otherwise ofc

To be frank we have no idea what’s going on behind the scenes. These fans were mad that there’s no halloween content but we saw Taehyung posting on weverse that he basically didnt care about halloween (and probably is too busy practicing for the offline con in 27 Nov; that’s where BTS priorities lie: music and performances).

• All I know is that they definitely aren't on a vacation so I wonder what are they so busy with?

They even had a shorter stay during in the soop this year (4 days vs 1 week last year) due to their mysterious schedule

• All I know is that they definitely aren't on a vacation so I wonder what are they so busy with?

They even had a shorter stay during in the soop this year (4 days vs 1 week last year) due to their mysterious schedule

Preparing for military enlistment?

:pepe-notes:

In the soop was filmed during Butter/PTD promo (after 30 July, after JK VLIVE). So probably sandwiched between promos.

• I remember last year when they posted the Halloween photos, many complained that Hybe gave them the cheapest costumes compared to TXT (and others from the label I guess).

But yeah they did wore sheets as ghosts so lol.. I personally love that about them - they don’t give a f

People like to have high expectations and when they didn’t get it, of course they will complain.

• This thread contains 13 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!