Is this considered as blackface

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• One thing I know for sure is that he ate winter up. :cryingr:

• Why can’t they just wear masks :sweatr:

In a vacuum this probably doesn’t amount to anything but people should just avoid black face-paint altogether if they can help it to avoid any controversy :sweatr1:

• Why can’t they just wear masks :sweatr:

In a vacuum this probably doesn’t amount to anything but people should just avoid black face-paint altogether if they can help it to avoid any controversy :sweatr1:

Imagine thinking anybody cares about what 100 jobless aunties on twitter think

• This isnt blackface if the intention for painting their face isnt to reproduce a black colored skin.

Here they just wanted to reproduce a black mask (i dont know why they didnt just use masks tho, would have been easier for them but well).

• No they aren't and OP making ridiculous equivalents out of a serious issue in order to mine for akorns is really something...

Butch, isn’t blackface just painting your face black

• No but I don't get why they didn't just put masks on. It's kind of ugly.

Right precisely, the reason they did it is to be funny.

• From my understanding of the definition of blackface, no, because they did not paint themselves to portray nor mock a black person. I could be wrong and I encourage black people of AKP to correct me if I am.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.
    ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

• Butch, isn’t blackface just painting your face black

No it’s not.

It’s racially imitating black people by painting your face black.

This user looks like a classic troll trying to belittle serious racial issue. I’d rather MODs close this one before AKP takes it as an invitation to be racist and start talking about how blackface “isn’t even a big deal” and an “American” issue with their whole chests.

• Butch, isn’t blackface just painting your face black

I don't know if you're joking, but blackface goes back to when black people weren't allowed on stages or in movies, so white people wore black paint to 'play' black characters, often playing them with incredibly racist and harmful stereotypes ( lazy, poor, rapists, criminals etc... ).

Blackface is the process of a non-black people painting their face black with the intent to play/imitate a black person.

If you would like some ressources about it, I can provide them.

• No it’s not.

It’s racially imitating black people by painting your face black.

This user looks like a classic troll trying to belittle serious racial issue. I’d rather MODs close this one before AKP takes it as an invitation to be racist and start talking about how blackface “isn’t even a big deal” and an “American” issue with their whole chests.

I don't know if you're joking, but blackface goes back to when black people weren't allowed on stages or in movies, so white people wore black paint to 'play' black characters, often playing them with incredibly racist and harmful stereotypes ( lazy, poor, rapists, criminals etc... ).

Blackface is the process of a non-black people painting their face black with the intent to play/imitate a black person.

If you would like some ressources about it, I can provide them.

Okay I see, thanks.

I can do my own research tbh. I am only asking because there was recently a Chinese fashion show where the models face were painted black and it was considered as blackface. So yea.. the definition seems to not be as stringent from akp users pov I guess

• External Content twitter.com

you are so not funny

did blackpink release a new album today?'s tweet - "#LALISA ACAB, aquí solo  respetamos a la POLISA " - TrendsmapID BI****S

OT4 BLINKS OR JAIL

• you are so not funny

Wasn’t trying to be

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!