Do we really want equal line distribution?

• Even when looking at groups where the members are all vocally talented, like mamamoo and aespa, there is still no perfect line distribution. And it is an ideal that kpop Stans should not be even trying to pursue, since singing ability does not equate to having the right vocal tone that complements the song best.

And more popularly, asking for more lines, I know it’s extremely difficult seeing your bias in a particular group having basically zero lines, especially for larger groups, I Stan winwin ( that has at most 5 seconds of just saying alr alr) but you also have to admit that not all members are equally capable, and if winwin sang 39% of a song, it will not be enjoyable at all. I am sorry but my boy can’t sing, and it’s time we move on and accept that.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Even when looking at groups where the members are all vocally talented, like mamamoo and aespa, there is still no perfect line distribution. And it is an ideal that kpop Stans should not be even trying to pursue, since singing ability does not equate to having the right vocal tone that complements the song best.

And more popularly, asking for more lines, I know it’s extremely difficult seeing your bias in a particular group having basically zero lines, especially for larger groups, I Stan winwin ( that has at most 5 seconds of just saying alr alr) but you also have to admit that not all members are equally capable, and if winwin sang 39% of a song, it will not be enjoyable at all. I am sorry but my boy can’t sing, and it’s time we move on and accept that.

Agreed but I actually like Winwin's voice :eyes:

• Anyone still complaining about Winwin not getting lines (or even screentime) clearly isn't actually listening to WayV and they should just admit to that.

• not equal, but fair

Like this is good enough

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This is not fair for E:U

External Content youtu.be

• Anyone still complaining about Winwin not getting lines (or even screentime) clearly isn't actually listening to WayV and they should just admit to that.

Err he still not getting lines there, but yea he doesn’t need to, he an actor now dreams fulfilled

• Unfortunately don’t follow them, but is it not because her vocal tone doesn’t complement the song, seeing as how the concepts are quite different.

I saw that her position is main rapper and dancer. So for the concept it just makes sense for her to not get as much lines, no?

• Err he still not getting lines there, but yea he doesn’t need to, he an actor now dreams fulfilled

He gets more lines in WayV than he ever did in 127 and he also contributes more to the dance line in WayV.

• Unfortunately don’t follow them, but is it not because her vocal tone doesn’t complement the song, seeing as how the concepts are quite different.

I saw that her position is main rapper and dancer. So for the concept it just makes sense for her to not get as much lines, no?

It was just example . It is not real comeback, but in every song every member should at least get 10+ seconds.

• He gets more lines in WayV than he ever did in 127 and he also contributes more to the dance line in WayV.

Yea but that’s not saying a lot… just being factual here.

• I remember Camila getting so much hate for getting more lines than the other members. If it was kpop, the hate wouldn't be half as bad. in general kpop stans are more chill if it comes to line distribution, but I agree equal line distribution doesn't make sense.

NewJeans é envolvido em nova polêmica com o MV de “OMG” | Revista KoreaIN

Edited once, last by lialve ().

• Perfectly equally is near impossible. But I do agree with the distribution should be fair. Not like a few seconds for someone then and having the main vocalist carrying near everything.

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• That's why my ideal group are groups where the members actually have something to offer (either singing, rap, dance, or being attractive on center), that way everyone can shine equally regardless of of line distribution. Of course this can only be achieved if the group has good teamwork, that way they can help each other shine.

• Nobody wants to acknowledge that their faves simply dont have singing/rapping talent. In some groups it is very clear why the line distribution is unequal e.g everglow. It irritates me when their fans give Mia a hard time as their line distribution while unequal is fair.

In contrast - the line distribution for recent BTS songs makes sense but older fans like myself cant help but find it disappointing when rapline (hope/suga) gets 7 seconds each in a title track (I haven't been paying close attention this year so I don't know if this was the case for universe)... In their case given the musical direction to more vocal based pop it makes sense but also feels like a waste since the rapping is what the group excels at (vocal line is just okay/competent).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!