Is it dumb to support a group who hasn't debuted yet?

• If you are smart enough you see my signature and avatar are members of a JPop-group that hasn't debuted yet :nervousk: would you say that it's dumb from me to support them since they havn't debuted yet? :whatb:

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• If they've already released some concepts, and teasers or the group has members you already know then no. But if it's like people don't even know the names of any of the members or concepts (like there's already YGNGG fan accounts) that doesn't make sense imo

• I don't think it's dumb but it admittedly confuses me.

Because unless a group has already released quite a bit of material, including music, pre debut... What exactly are you stanning? The idea? What you think the group is going to be like and sound like? The songs you hope they're going to release one day?

But as I said, me not getting it doesn't mean it's dumb. I'm sure people have their reasons.

• for produce type groups from survival shows, no.

for groups whose members are out and have been in the public eye (eg: jennie having songs before bp, ryujin on mixnine, etc), no.

for groups whose members are out but they were not in the public eye (eg: yeri being completely unknown, etc), yes.

for groups without any info out (eg: ygngg), yes.

i would say stanning jypngg before debut is fine because there are clips of the members out.

r o s e s   a n d   p e a c h e s

• not at all, if you know what the group is gonna be like and you're excited- there's nothing wrong with wanting to support them <3

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!