YG will be taking legal actions against malicious comments including sexual harassment, personal attacks and spreading rumors !!

• Finally I would say …. At least this time around the listen to fans who were sending them evidence…

YG, 명예훼손→업무방해죄로 악플러 고소·고발.."강력 법적 조치 취할 예정"[공식입장]
    [OSEN=이승훈 기자] 소속사 YG엔터테인먼트가 악플러들을 향해 법적 대응을 예고했다. 14일 오후 YG엔터테인먼트(이하 'YG')는 "당사는 소속 아티스트들이 대중의 큰 사랑을 받고 있는 만큼 일정 비방은 감내해
    n.news.naver.com

Used google translate sorry

[OSEN=Reporter Lee Seung-hoon] YG Entertainment, the agency, has foretold legal action against malicious commenters.

On the afternoon of the 14th, YG Entertainment (hereafter referred to as 'YG') said, "We have refrained from taking legal action as our artists are receiving a lot of love from the public, and we believe that it is our responsibility to bear certain slander." The mass production of rumors, accusations, personal attacks, sexual harassment, and invasion of privacy are being made indiscriminately, so I feel a sense of responsibility that is difficult to ignore.”

According to YG, from the beginning of this year to recently, we looked at a large number of website posts that infringed on the rights and interests of our artists based on information submitted by fans, and carefully reviewed the issues that were judged to be excessive.

As a result, YG selected malicious and habitual dissemination of false information and filed complaints against them for violating the Act on Promotion of Information and Communication Network Utilization and Information Protection (Defamation), insults, and obstruction of business. In the future, if the artist's reputation is seriously damaged or if irreparable damage is judged to be enormous, strong legal action will be taken to protect the affiliated artist.

YG said, "We would like to express our gratitude once again because the reports from our fans are of great help." "We are reviewing all the materials sent by many people, and if you find any harmful acts related to artists in the future, please actively report them. "He said.”

First of all, I would like to express my deep gratitude to the fans who support YG's artists.

As our artists are loved by the public, we have refrained from taking legal action, considering that it is our responsibility to bear certain slander.

However, as rumors, accusations, personal attacks, sexual harassment, and invasion of privacy are being made indiscriminately about our artists, we feel a sense of responsibility that is hard to ignore.

Therefore, from the beginning of this year until recently, we reviewed a large number of website posts that infringe on the rights and interests of our artists based on the information provided by fans, and carefully reviewed the issues that were judged to be excessive.

As a result, we would like to inform you that malicious and habitual dissemination of false information was selected and reported for violating the Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection (Defamation), insults, and obstruction of business.

In the future, we plan to take strong legal action to protect our artists if the reputation of our artists is seriously damaged or if irreparable damage is judged to be enormous.

Also, I would like to express my gratitude once again to the fans as their reports are of great help. We are reviewing all materials sent by many people, and if you find any harmful acts related to artists in the future, please actively report them. We will become YG Entertainment, constantly striving to protect our artists.”

• SandyBee3

Changed the title of the thread from “YG will be taking legal against Artist for malicious comments including sexual harassment, personal attacks and spreading rumors !!” to “YG will be taking legal actions against malicious comments including sexual harassment, personal attacks and spreading rumors !!”.
  • I couldn't find a gif😓

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• This is great. Always is when companies step up and protect their artists. But I wonder if it's a temporary tactic for deterrence or if it's going to be a consistent thing they'll be doing. It really should be a constant effort.

Yeah I hope it’s consistent. Something must have happened for them to finally do this step. They reported something like this 2018 as well.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!