Iam sorry , why isn't anyone freaking out about this ?

• a 1 year old, ROOKIE , GIRL GROUP JUST SOLD 276K COPIES IN THE FIRST WEEK OF THEIR DEBUT ALBUM !!!!

thats HUGE ! they are the second most selling girl group this year , a rookie did that !

I literally hopped they would sell 30-40k and that would have been huge for a debut album but almost 280k .. that's crazy 😦

Also slayyyying the charts !! We got ourselves a rookie doing great both physical and digital !!!

The power they hold .. they are wild and they don't seem like slowing down at all

• I am really happy for them but I don't know why I feel pressured when I am just a fan lol.

I mean i understand why , this is beyond crazy .. I think no other kpop group ever sold that for a debut album first week ! Both girl and boy groups and we know how boy group sell like crazy !

This is a huge pressure for the girls next comebacks .. how can you top this ! The next comeback would literally determine the girls career

• HQmusic

Selected a post as the best answer.
  • They are already getting hate due to their views and all kills, maybefans don't want to brag much about their physical sales beating older groups because they fear how worse the hate could become

May be thats it , but i don't think its wrong to be vocal about it , just not bring any other group into this

• I mean i understand why , this is beyond crazy .. I think no other kpop group ever sold that for a debut album first week ! Both girl and boy groups and we know how boy group sell like crazy !

This is a huge pressure for the girls next comebacks .. how can you top this ! The next comeback would literally determine the girls career

I am not sure about first week but going by pre-orders, Wannaone and x1(produce bgs) take the 1st and 2nd places at sales for debut album first year. aespa will come 3rd if they sell 400k. I mean the boost in physical sales is a big reason why it's happening but it's nice seeing more ggs besides bp and twice (even itzy are doing more than great).

lt64IYu.gif

• Ugh, a ton of people are freaking out about it - hello trolls making back to back AESPA threads. I think they all collectively wet themselves in their excitement and haste.

• May be thats it , but i don't think its wrong to be vocal about it , just not bring any other group into this

I think some MYs here got attacked due to posting "too much achievement threads" so they could be staying in their own thread, but yeah it's definitely something worth talking about. I read it's the 2nd highest first week sales for a gg this year, this is how big the aespa fandom is now.

And to think SM barely promotes them to reach a bigger fandom. No reality show, no behind the scenes videos yet, short promo on korean tv, no lives,etc

• i always say the more hate a group gets just means a group has succeed and is known

nugu groups aren't hated (as much) because they are nugu... not a threat not competition

• I think some MYs here got attacked due to posting "too much achievement threads" so they could be staying in their own thread, but yeah it's definitely something worth talking about. I read it's the 2nd highest first week sales for a gg this year, this is how big the aespa fandom is now.

And to think SM barely promotes them to reach a bigger fandom. No reality show, no behind the scenes videos yet, short promo on korean tv, no lives,etc

Can i also add no SMCU ep ?!!!!!!!!!! I was rooting for this more than the album lol

• The weirdest thing here is that you expected them to sell 30-40k, like come on.

I mean you can't blame me .. 30-40k is the like a gold standard for rookie girl groups .

But again aespa isn't your the typical girl group , i expect them to compete with boy groups sales for next comback

• I mean you can't blame me .. 30-40k is the like a gold standard for rookie girl groups .

But again aespa isn't your the typical girl group , i expect them to compete with boy groups sales for next comback

JYPn sold 60K of a group that didnt exist. If you didnt expect at least 100K then your behind on the times

Sales hyperinflated since COVID and they are a big 3 group, like sheesh

• JYPn sold 60K of a group that didnt exist. If you didnt expect at least 100K then your behind on the times

Sales hyperinflated since COVID and they are a big 3 group, like sheesh

That's pre orders , real physical sales are different

But yeah i get what you said kpop is bigger than ever now

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!