Honest thoughts about CL

• she is amazing talented rapper but anybody else feels like she is still stuck in 2013... :pepenomad: her recent direction is not it, the music, outfits and concept is just over the top. even Something like the baddest female would work better now than her recent work.

Did she fail to evolve along with the industry!!

Edited once, last by haj1ma ().

• I think her voice color or her techniques are the types that fits group songs better solos

She needs to explore more styles

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• She deserves better than her recent music

She's responsible for her music.

From the very beginning, CL talked about how involved she was in her work, the song credits, ect.

YG and CL 'stans hyped up what a creative force she was, how she made 2NE1 what it was, all that awesome input.. blah, blah..blah..

Thing is, her best solo MTBD... that's because Teddy Park was the main man.

The rest, dropped off a cliff,

CL is a great performer, there is no question.. but she is a terrible songwriter and producer.

Without YG and Teddy, she's been unable to find a groove.

She's a singer, rapper and performer.. and a good one... it's when they let her do what she wants, she falls short.

"Don't look back & Don't be anxious, The Night for Witches is coming"

Edited once, last by boyvert4bom ().

• I don't wish to go into it but she NEEDS better music. I'm of the people that really like Lifted and the direction she was going at that time, and I don't know what went wrong.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.
    ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

• mmm i feel actually that she finally found her style...

SPICY is her best song imo

she is doing this thing about being the baddass asian girl for a decade
    but she was just emulating american hip hop
    SPICY is more unique
    embracing more Korea culture and roots, the baddass thing looks more real now

• she's doing what she wants to and i support her one hundred percent.

her music can be jarring but whose music isnt nowadays?

love like me was a bop that isnt appreciated nearly enough.

but cl does need better producers. her instruments are always too loud, or conversely her voice is too soft in the song.

r o s e s   a n d   p e a c h e s

• CL still has something that K-Pop is lacking when it comes to lady-rap soloists. Still less than a handful who can stand on their own in a performance set.

Always room to learn, grow, and be d0pe when you have your own artistic identity. Keep following your intuition.

• She needs more songs like MTBD, it's her magnum opus

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• It may take her awhile to find her groove, though this thread is an example of why I don't want the Pinks to go indie, as some have suggested. You gotta know branding and marketing (do tons of research, read analytics, experiment a lot), aside from simply just producing and creating songs. Not to mention the money, etc.

You have to know your target audience; 2NE1's market is different from CL's. Her team kept thinking they can reuse the 'baddest female' tag but they never followed up on it or were consistent about her brand identity. Plus that Scooter (and YG) fiasco happened and she just lost the momentum.

It could've been avoided if she really knew how she'd market her image; Scooter and Hollywood opportunities may come knocking but it doesn't always mean gold.

• haj1ma

Selected a post as the best answer.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!