4th gen has been the most infamous kpop Gen so far

• Do you think someone will remember about them in the future?

The so called 4th gen supposedly started around 2018-2019. Pretty much 3 or so years.

In that amount of time there have only been 2 hits coming from these groups: Dalla Dalla and Next Level. If I'm generous I could include ASAP too, but this is not charity

By the same timespan, 3rd gen had a BUNCH of massive hits already: Growl, Russian Roulette, Whistle, Cheer Up, TT, Decalcomanie, You're the best, etc, etc.

What is really happening here? Does the 4th gen have any future in SK?

• Russian Roulette, Whistle, Cheer Up, TT, Decalcomanie, You're the best didn't come out in 2015. It happened a year later. Not to mention it's stupid to compare the generations by the timeframes. They are not gonna be the same.

Tell me if my voice isn’t real
    If I shouldn’t have thrown myself away

sFWYLKc.gif

• Excuse me but what's You're The Best?

:pepe-cut::pepe-cut::pepe-cut::pepe-cut::pepe-cut::pepe-cut::pepe-cut::pepe-cut::pepe-cut::pepe-cut::pepe-cut:

• :pepe-cut::pepe-cut::pepe-cut::pepe-cut::pepe-cut::pepe-cut::pepe-cut::pepe-cut::pepe-cut::pepe-cut::pepe-cut:

This is my first time listening to this, for real :eyes:

• Isn't this better? The charts at least reflet the songs that are liked by people not because of the fandom unless it's a very big fandom. It's more natural to have soloists and other genres in the charts (with idol's songs that get viral/popular every once in a while).

lt64IYu.gif

• It's pretty clear by now the 4th gen as a whole won't be able to catch up with previous ones when it comes to amount of hits on kcharts.

Isn't it the same if we compare 3rd generation to 2nd generation?

I think this downward trend is just a testament of idols music's dwindling popularity with the public.

• Isn't it the same if we compare 3rd generation to 2nd generation?

I think this downward trend is just a testament of idols music's dwindling popularity with the public.

True that, the thing is we went from slight decline with 3rd gen to almost irrelevance for the 4th gen. I guess companies already moved on anyways and are looking for ww popularity

• I think that's unfair, when 3rd generation came around 2nd generation had stopped releasing music frequently or already disbanded. Now 3rd generation is still very active and more popular than 4th generation and not every 4th generation group has debuted there's still a lot more groups to come :suure:

My thought too. When 3rd generation girlgroups with groups like Twice and BP debuted the 2nd gen top groups had peaked a couple of years before and was more or less over even if some of them was still active and doing well.

The "4th generation", I don't count 2018+2019 really as the start, debuted in a point of time with both BP, Twice and some other 3rd generation groups very much active and still in the top, even if both BP and Twice probably have peaked. I still think the period 2018-2022 probaly will be seen as an extension of the 3rd generation girlgroups or a "between period" and the real 4th generation will come later, even if some will call it the 5th........

• My thought too. When 3rd generation girlgroups with groups like Twice and BP debuted the 2nd gen top groups had peaked a couple of years before and was more or less over even if some of them was still active and doing well.

The "4th generation", I don't count 2018+2019 really as the start, debuted in a point of time with both BP, Twice and some other 3rd generation groups very much active and still in the top, even if both BP and Twice probably have peaked. I still think the period 2018-2022 probaly will be seen as an extension of the 3rd generation girlgroups or a "between period" and the real 4th generation will come later, even if some will call it the 5th........

I think 4th generation started too early and most remained in the shadows until 2020/ 2021 now more people are recognizing 4th generation groups. Some people say there's an in-between 3.5 generation which is 2017/18 groups to 2020 :huuh: I do think 4th generation will be the most populated generation yet with all the groups expected to debut and more companies are debuted more than 1 group now :nervousk:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!