This is crazy, the Korean government official says they got exclusive treatment at MET once they told the museum BTS would be coming. He called it using the BTS Card.

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Screenshot_20211003-125351_Discord.jpg

What ensued was this

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Screenshot_20211003-133817_Twitter.jpg

He also said this about the power of BTS

Edited 2 times, last by paradis ().

• paradis

Changed the title of the thread from “This is crazy, the Korean government official says they got exclusive treatment at MET once they told the museum BTS would be coming” to “This is crazy, the Korean government official says they got exclusive treatment at MET once they told the museum BTS would be coming. He called it using the BTS Card.”.
  • lol, the Met themself changed their whole stance because they heard bts' name being mentioned & went out of their way to treat them like kings.

this year has truly shown how much respect legendary artists & organisations have for bts and their brand power.

• lol, the Met themself changed their whole stance because they heard bts' name being mentioned & went out of their way to treat them like kings.

this year has truly shown how much respect legendary artists & organisations have for bts and their brand power.

I especially love how most legends in music respect them.

• It is hard to believe that their impact bigger than the president 😳

I mean, he is a president of South Korea, he is relevant and important figure in his country but in the US? His visit would be just another noneventful quiet political thing nobody cares about cause SK isn't even that much high on political scene to talk about them. Meanwhile BTS brings MASSIVE attention, buzz, internet hype, clicks and most importantly money everywhere and very much in the US, who wouldn't want it?) Honestly only dense and delulu kpop fans still deny their unmatched impact (it's not about you, just a general thought).

• This shows how less of an influence the Korean government has politically, if they needed a popular Group to get the treatment a president should get even without them.

Nothing about BTS influence, this is crazy and not their fault… but actually pretty sad for the government that they had to rely on such a card to be taking more seriously and also quite disrespectful from the MET side as well…

• This shows how less of an influence the Korean government has politically, if they needed a popular Group to get the treatment a president should get even without them.

Nothing about BTS influence, this is crazy and not their fault… but actually pretty sad for the government that they had to rely on such a card to be taking more seriously and also quite disrespectful from the MET side as well…

What a strange way of looking at this. This is basically illustrative of how powerful the BTS card is. It’s not just a popular group but THE group ofc they will bend backwards for them. Anyway this govt loves BTS. Moon and BTS are besties. So ofc they can use this card.

Couple of things you got wrong.

1. This is a cultural museum. So cultural influence (BTS) will get more priority over political influence (govt)

2. Also BTS is not just a group. They are one of biggest soft power in world.

You don't know who the president of Argentina or Portugal are but you do know who Messi and Ronaldo are and how beloved they are all over the world. BTS is in that category.

You were downplaying BTS and the Korean government with that one sentence lol.

Anyway, the way you worded it made me curious. Do you think there are other popular groups that will get this kind of treatment from the MET? Which ones? And why?

• You were downplaying BTS and the Korean government with that one sentence lol.

Anyway, the way you worded it made me curious. Do you think there are other popular groups that will get this kind of treatment from the MET? Which ones? And why?

When does she leave an opportunity to not downplay BTS but imagine attacking the Korean government too and their political influence. Lmao.

I remember how the same user was angry that no girl groups were asked to attend this event :S

• You were downplaying BTS and the Korean government with that one sentence lol.

Is BTS not a popular Group? How else should I describe them ? I mentioned that their influence is crazy, so what exactly are you offended about ?

You can’t just take something out of context and act like that is the message the person tried to convey. That’s not how the read a text.

And yes I downplayed the Korean Government. It’s sad that they only get treated that way because of a big Group from their country and not because of their political influence.

According to this government official, they only got that treatment because of BTS, so they are implying that they wouldn’t have got this treatment without them. MET seemed to care more about BTS than the Korean government, this is sad and also quite disrespectful.

• Is BTS not a popular Group? How else should I describe them ? I mentioned that their influence is crazy, so what exactly are you offended about ?

And yes I downplayed the Korean Government. It’s sad that they only get treated that way because of a big Group from their country and not because of their political influence.

According to this government official, they only got that treatment because of BTS, so they are implying that they wouldn’t have got this treatment without them. MET seemed t care more about BTS than the Korean government, this is sad and also quite disrespectful.

Come on now, the issue with this is that BTS are not just any popular group but THE #1 group, the literal act that is used as topic icebreakers (aside from Kimchi and other Korean food) for Moon and co when he speaks with other world leaders and diplomats, which speaks of their influence.

Do you think, if Tak had bargained with, say, EXO, another top group, the MET would have opened up just for them?

Whether you intended to come off that way or not, it’s downplaying BTS and even Nevermindmejin could see that.

• Couple of things you got wrong.

1. This is a cultural museum. So cultural influence (BTS) will get more priority over political influence (govt)

2. Also BTS is not just a group. They are one of biggest soft power in world.

You don't know who the president of Argentina or Portugal are but you do know who Messi and Ronaldo are and how beloved they are all over the world. BTS is in that category.

First of all I know who the Presidents of Argentina and Portugal are…

Anyway I didn’t missed anything here.

If BTS got special treatment because they are BTS … ok I get it. But a government official saying that they as a representative of their own country and culture only got better treatment, because MET knew BTS will come with them is sad. I read what these “exclusive treatment was” a lot of it should have giving to them even if BTS wasn’t with them, cause they as a representative should be enough! So I know imagine what kind of treatment they would have got if BTS wasn’t with them.

I mean it’s good for BTS, it showcases their influence once more… but it leaves a sad taste that the Korean government itself (including the president) wasn’t enough to get that treatment despite being a representative of their country and culture as well.

If you still don’t get what I mean here than that’s up to you, won’t further respond.

• This thread contains 8 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!