Mnet’s favoritism towards Kim Dayeon…. Doesn’t really seem like it?

• Basically this Knetz said that cuz most Koreans are voting for Kim Dayeon now, and the other K-group girls are on the verge of being eliminated the next round, Mnet tried to push Dayeon in order to get unfavorable views so that some of her supporters vote for other K-girls

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This is effed up. After the Cai Bing mistranslations and how that underservingly made her tank get tanked, now they’re doing it towards Dayeon

And I really don’t like how the whole point was to debut a multinational GG, and yet Mnet decided to cave towards making a majority Korean group anyway…. Again. They need to be banned from using the international/mixed concept ever again if the intent is to debut like 1-3 of them lol

• Bullshit take from someone trying to hide the fact Mnet is manipulating Koreans through nationalism. Dayeon became the poster child for anti-Chinese sentiment when Mnet compared her with Cai Bing. If Mnet wanted to lower Dayeon’s support they could easily just give her little air time and instead focus on other K trainees. Going through all the work of showing Dayeon’s mom means supporting Dayeon is their intended goal

• nope this is smart reasoning by that person

which won't work on 70-80% of viewers

especially those who catch up to the show and don't watch episode live, and check things on youtube

then they will see a clip with Dayeons mom tearing and cheering for other girls and they will feel sad that MNet didn't allow mommy to meet her precious oh ah daughter, then they will vote for Dayeon again

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• You cannot expect me to believe after Several Episodes of the most Insane Angel Edit I have ever seen benefitting Dayeon, that Mnet decided to Sabotage her by.. by.. Continuing to Angel Edit her???

She was singled out for Praise and the Focus for the HYLT Rehearsals, where they also basically admit Her narrative for the First 2 Episodes was Bogus and the start of a clear Redemption Arc Narrative for the Show

She was singled out for Praise and the Episode Focus for the Ice Cream Episode, including the single most favorable comparison Edit I have ever seen towards a contestant on a Show, and the most Screen time for a contestant in a 9 member Group performance as-well

And I am not even going to mention the Insanity of the Last Episode

Except for one thing, they couldn't just on a whim one afternoon arrange that meeting with Dayeon's mum, it is the middle of the Covid Pandemic, the Girls are in a Covid Safe Bubble, that Dayeon's Mum meeting HAD to be in the Works for Weeks ahead of time

I posted this Analysis on Dayeon's chances in one of my Threads BEFORE THE LAST EPISODE, this Angel Edit stuff didn't just start last episode as some new clever way to ruin her chances, they had been doing this for Weeks

Quote from https://forum.allkpop.com/thread/57288-gp999-k-group-3rd-elimination-poll/

Kim Dayeon

I don't know how I feel about Dayeon, she is one of the prettiest Girls in the show (although there is one Vision impaired noteworthy AllKpop user who claims she is Ugly), and I also like all of her performances, but the way Mnet has pushed her so hard, even going so far to Manufacture a whole redemption arc Narrative for her on the show with the whole #1 in K-Group not getting a Top 9 candidate sticker narrative early on that is so obvious in hindsight, she gets all the Angel edits you could possibly imagine and I know I am not the only person who is put off by this.

As for her chances, I think she is a greater than 95% chance of making the final lineup, like Chaehyun she is both popular with Korean and International voters, with the added benefit of clearly being Mnet's favorite, I cannot fathom how she would not make it honestly

This is some kind of Damage Control from Mnet, they know they messed up and are scrambling for some kind of Narrative Spin, a justification so you are seeing this idea that it wasn't actually to benefit Dayeon and Sabotage Cai Bing like how it looked, it was.. it was the actually the Opposite.... yeah sure

If this show was supposed to be Mnet's way of regaining Public Trust after the whole Vote Rigging controversy, they could not have done a worse Job to date

• You said it all :yesr:

tumblr_nzies3E9yh1uf1itwo1_500.gif

LORD & SAVIOR PARK JIHYO | ITZY | YUKIKA | RUANN | | TWICE | BRAVE GIRLS | APRIL | FROMIS_9 | TOMMY FEBRUARY6

• This is what dayeon fans want you to believe smh and the fact that some people are falling for it...

I want whatever the people who believe this are smoking. Some Dayeon fans are truly delusional

NewJeans é envolvido em nova polêmica com o MV de “OMG” | Revista KoreaIN

Edited 3 times, last by lialve ().

• After the Cai Bing mistranslations and how that underservingly made her tank get tanked, now they’re doing it towards Dayeon

sorry, im a native chinese/mandarin speaker

What Cai Bing said definitely wasnt mistranslated. With the tone she said it, it was kinda rude

• sorry, im a native chinese/mandarin speaker

What Cai Bing said definitely wasnt mistranslated. With the tone she said it, it was kinda rude

If there was no mistranslation then why did mnet themselves changed and updated the subtitles after backlash?

• If there was no mistranslation then why did mnet themselves changed and updated the subtitles after backlash?

I didnt watch mnet translation before vs after but that line coming out from Cai Bing's mouth 我是 leader,我觉得我说了可以算了 literally means i'm leader, my decison is final (in not a pleasant way)

• This is weird take, I mean mnet is desperate and it is obvious. They don't want Chinese center and make few episodes dedicated to dayeon only and it is work. She is currently the K1 and P2. How this is supposed to be evil editing while it is obviously angel editing?

• I didnt watch mnet translation before vs after but that line coming out from Cai Bing's mouth 我是 leader,我觉得我说了可以算了 literally means i'm leader, my decison is final (in not a pleasant way)

wait she really said that? I thought it was a mistranslation.

• Can't agree more. How could some people twist it into a theory when it's totally clear what's being aired. It's as simple as....Mnet shows what they want us to see. It's a survival show where the one who shines throughout the program will be more likely to survive. It's not a worldwar so why should they have that kind of crazy strategy like 'ah if she had most of the screen time people with hate her and that will benefit the vote distribution on K group'. The idea is as clear as Xiaoting's skin, even a 5-year-old me will understand Mnet's intention.

Dayeon is pretty and I believe she is a sweetheart, but saying that she is the best allrounder, have the best voice, dance the best, and she's the best leader...well no surprise. That's exactly the whole point of what's being aired. I am sure the other leader also did a very good job, especially when the team mates are as cute as the ice cream's team since no one really wants to stand out so there will be like minimum drama. And about the ice cream performance, I personally think Dayeon's part stood out soooo much even for a killing part so I just don't get it when they say the choreography is equal.

• While I'm not a fan of some of Mnet editing (but you have to give them credit for the creation and editing of a franchise), interpreting Mnet's supposed narrative is getting to the point where it lives rent free in many people's minds.

Yes, there are a lot of delusional or naive people. Yes, Dayeon is getting too much screen time after getting unfairly dinged by the Masters in the first couple episodes. It doesn't change that she's a good allrounder but not the only one (i.e. Su Ruiqi) and actually one of the strongest leaders left.

Sure, there's some nationalism going on in the editing, but there are nationalist fans in every country. Sure, there's some contrived drama (it's a Korean show, you should expect it). But there are some good things to enjoy too.

I know a lot of you are YWY2 fans and it was the best show ever for you. It had more dance talent...but overall the dance standards are higher on Girls Planet. Better synchronization and better wide angles that don't obscure how well they dance together. Sure, there is autotuning going on in GP999, but at least it's not the straight studio up recordings in the YWY2 performances.

Plus, you can see trainees getting better. For example, I finally saw center potential this past episode in SXT--she finally brought a diversity of facial expressions after specific feedback.

Anyway, I'm sure there's a lot more griping about Mnet editing to come, but at least it's obvious. There is a fair amount of manipulation in other survival shows too. Don't let it distract from enjoying the good parts about the show.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!