The Feels" (Yves V Remix) > The Feels (original)

• Which do you prefer? 15

1. The Feels" (Yves V Remix) (5) 33%
    2. The Feels (original) (10) 67%

I've given all versions a few more listens and I think my favourite iteration of the song is the Yvew V remix.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Listening to it has also flagged to me more clearly one of the main things that's throwing the original off for me which is the vocal tones for a few members (rapline being the biggest contributors). It's an unfamiliar language so it's not massively surprising but with them trying to enunciate in certain ways it can just sound a bit grating (/childish). Sans Alcohol Free, the rap parts have been the biggest issues with Twice title tracks post-Fancy for me and that issue for me continues here. The little rap parts throw me off most with the song. Jihyo (since I Want You Back has always sounded the best in English), Mina and Nayeon stand out the most in terms of how they sound singing in English.

The remix having a louder instrumental takes some of the tone issues out for me as it lessens the vocal impact. Could definitely imagine hearing the remix in a club in London, the chorus hits hard.

• I agree about the rap. It is my least favorite part in the song and I don't think it was necessary for the track. I don't understand why JYPE always has to add a rap part into every title track when our rapline can do vocals too proven by Cry For Me.

But even with that criticism, I still prefer the original overall to the remix as I don't like the chorus of the remix compared to the original. My favorite part of the song are the adlibs over the last chorus til the end of the song which are not present in the remix.

I also agree with Mina standing out in the track. Her vocal tone added a lot to the song.

• It's an unfamiliar language so it's not massively surprising but with them trying to enunciate in certain ways

I didn't notice this specifically, but I think it's something that's actually kind of standout. Their English has improved so much compared even to I Want You Back (which is still pretty good). Given the trend even among western artists is to mumble tf out of everything, it's nice to not have to have captions on to know the lyrics.

And for the actual topic of the board: I think both the original and remix are good, just hitting different vibes.

let's be friends

e9b8a6c6366aecb3faf71dcc6b4488775b109abb.gif

• I'm literally listening to the Yves right now and thinking the same thing. They cut out my faves Mina's part but I honestly don't even care, it's just that good. Really makes me love the way the members sung the verses.

• For me it's the original cause it has that original Twice feeling.

But I agree with you, this remix you would hear in Fabric for sure.

• Yves getting that JYP money because Blockberry's cheques ain't coming thru.

Neve heard of Yves before but assume he's associated with kpop somehow? Thought it was new a dj to kpop.

As a fan of the teasers, what did you think of the song?

I agree about the rap. It is my least favorite part in the song and I don't think it was necessary for the track. I don't understand why JYPE always has to add a rap part into every title track when our rapline can do vocals too proven by Cry For Me.

But even with that criticism, I still prefer the original overall to the remix as I don't like the chorus of the remix compared to the original. My favorite part of the song are the adlibs over the last chorus til the end of the song which are not present in the remix.

I also agree with Mina standing out in the track. Her vocal tone added a lot to the song.

Dahyun and Chaeyoung raps peaked with Likey and What is Love for Korean titles and they haven't reached that level since. Their parts nearly always sound the most of place in Twice title tracks now for me. Dahyun rapping in Feel Special was not needed. More and More was a travesty all over. ICSM with lines such as risky risky wiggy wiggy has no chance. Alcohol Free was the first time in a while the rap actually fit the song. Now with the feels it has gone back to feeling out of place for me.

It's a nice remix but I would be upset if this was actually their big release lmao

I wouldn't have either as their big release. The remix is a 6.5 and the original a 6 out of 10. I don't understand the thinking behind what Twice are doing anymore so I'm giving it less thought.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!