BTS BE Essential Edition - what's this?

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

What's this about?

• yourboss

Changed the title of the thread from “BE Essential Edition - what's this?” to “BTS BE Essential Edition - what's this?”.
  • It's supposedly $30.99, maybe a more simple version of the album?

Maybe this is the standard version :/ the price is still a bit high but I wouldn't be surprised if it's just Barnes&Noble trying to get more money. In the past Target or Amazon lowered prices because the competition had it cheaper so hopefully this happens again and they lower it to 25$ or less if it's indeed a new version

• 7D73.gif

I was in Target last week and the original version of the album is still $50, why couldn't big hit offer this when it came out originally ughh

Maybe they're trying to go for longevity... Tho they should maybe have released this earlier :S

• Maybe this is the standard version :/ the price is still a bit high but I wouldn't be surprised if it's just Barnes&Noble trying to get more money. In the past Target or Amazon lowered prices because the competition had it cheaper so hopefully this happens again and they lower it to 25$ or less if it's indeed a new version

I am thinking that too. I felt like it was a little pricy for a standard but it would make sense if they are trying to make more money from it. We will just have to wait I guess, for like a month... :S

original.gif

~ ʚ ♡ ɞ ~

• For me it doesn't change much, but it would kinda make sense for Bighit to release it then. Just look at the release schedule for Bighit groups in the first quarter, it's almost completely empty...

• Is anyone else thinking it might be more like a western "deluxe" with a song or two added? A new single maybe?

Its weird to release it so much later if theres nothing new to promote it.

• Essential edition basically means an edition of the BE album stripped over all the non-essential characteristics from the Deluxe. I don't think it's a repackage, or that we will have new songs, it will be named differently.

BH tried to milk it with the Deluxe and I think their sales are not that good so they have to release a cheaper version. They screwed up anyway, I hope they don't do it again.

Bora said she thinks the standard version will come anyway, I think k-army kinda knew this will come eventually.

• the timing is off lmao. :S

I thought barne snd nobles only sold books btw. The more u know ig.

They have pop culture sections and sell mutliple kpop albums and BTS affiliated merch like the dolls and funk pop figures, especially the bigger ones where i even found bt21 clothes. Mostly the albums are big grouos6 like BTS, twicpink, nct, but i also found dreamcatcher and gidle albums which was cool to see

• Is anyone else thinking it might be more like a western "deluxe" with a song or two added? A new single maybe?

Its weird to release it so much later if theres nothing new to promote it.

it could be, and then the new hair and stuff would make sense. Let's hope for that, since Dynamite is likely to fall off the BB chart before the album comes out, so it will be useless anyway.

Essential edition basically means an edition of the BE album stripped over all the non-essential characteristics from the Deluxe. I don't think it's a repackage, or that we will have new songs, it will be named differently.

BH tried to milk it with the Deluxe and I think their sales are not that good so they have to release a cheaper version. They screwed up anyway, I hope they don't do it again.

Bora said the standard version will come anyway, I think k-army kinda knew this will come eventually.

i think we all knew, we just kinda lost hope after 2 months of radio silence lol. They've dropped the ball on this a bit, it wouldn't make sense to just put a standard version so late after the initial one, with no extra content.

• it could be, and then the new hair and stuff would make sense. Let's hope for that, since Dynamite is likely to fall off the BB chart before the album comes out, so it will be useless anyway.

i think we all knew, we just kinda lost hope after 2 months of radio silence lol. They've dropped the ball on this a bit, it wouldn't make sense to just put a standard version so late after the initial one, with no extra content.

It makes sense if they see a lot of army aren't gonna buy an expensive version. They aren't gonna let this money untapped.

But they would've made much more money if they did this in the first place. Now the hype and all of it is gone. BH got greedy and they should think twice next time in terms of albums versions.

• It makes sense if they see a lot of army aren't gonna buy an expensive version. They aren't gonna let this money untapped.

But they would've made much more money if they did this in the first place. Now the hype and all of it is gone. BH got greedy and they should think twice next time in terms of albums versions.

hopefully it will serve as a lesson for them.

• It makes sense if they see a lot of army aren't gonna buy an expensive version. They aren't gonna let this money untapped.

I think its incredibly dumb of them to put out the standard now, when the hype had died down and when a portion of armys are feeling quite bitter about the standard version. If they want it to sell better, they should add something extra to create more hype and positive feelings.

And its called "Essential", not "Standard", but who knows what BH means by it.

And there will be Grammys, where they could promote something.

Maybe its just wishful thinking.

• Also can we we just wait until its confirmed because I do see a difference in the listings of this album and other BTS albums.

notice how for these it says

"by BTS"

https://www.barnesandnoble.com…4602517?ean=8809440339532

https://www.barnesandnoble.com…5529121?ean=8809633189159

https://www.barnesandnoble.com…3703045?ean=8809440338702

but for the one they found it doesn't say that

https://www.barnesandnoble.com…5930874?ean=8809633189531

so lets wait and see

• Yes but I think there is still plenty people who want at least a standard version. It will sell well.

"Standard" is the name army gave to a non-deluxe version but I feel like Essential is a better name for it.

Grammys are in March. I think they are gonna release a single in March, Dynamite style, something for the west and nicely promoted to have them relevant at that time. But not sure if Grammy would actually let them promote. Album probably in April/May.

I think some mixtapes from the members are gonna make things better inside the fandom and have a lot of positive feelings.

• The deluxe version of BE has sold half of what MOTS7 has sold but made 2x the profit.. I don’t think BH is disappointed in BE sales!

• Yeah, it's just so late to release the standard now and having no extra incentive like special photos cards or something doesn't really encourage others to buy it. Idk what bh was thinking

• It's probably the Standard everyone wanted with a new single or some hidden tracks. I'm expecting BH to announce the details soon enough. Didn't Joon mention a new song in one of their acceptance speeches? It would make sense then.

• The deluxe version of BE has sold half of what MOTS7 has sold but made 2x the profit.. I don’t think BH is disappointed in BE sales!

yeah exactly, i saw people saying they lost money and i'm like ??? did you see the price and the amount they sold? they actually lost nothing.

• Why are we so sure it’s a cd and not like a photo book?

Also releasing the same offering for less now isn’t cool in my book when I paid £50 or so.

Yes, ARMY got confused and/or upset. BTS free fell on the charts

But BH got their money

Walking on thin ice, I call it.

⟭⟬ ARTIST OF THE YEAR ⟭⟬

AWARDS-AMERICAN-MUSIC--97_1637613102609_1637613116956.JPG

• This thread contains 36 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!