I think the Korean gouvernement should put some regulations around companies who wants to debut a group

• The Korean gouvernement should really think about putting some regulations for entrainement companies for example inorder for them debut a group the the company should have certain amount of money in order to debut a group so they would be able to properly promote the group for at least the first year, and they should put a fixed age in which someone can become a trainee and if the companies fails at debuting said trainee in period of time they should release him for contract .

• Let's first start with regulations on dorm conditions and control of trainee debts. Companies that can't afford decent dorms or training facilities without a backbreaking debt shouldn't be allowed to debut groups. Maybe the ceo should dress up, get on stage and gets his moves on to make money himself.

• nana18  chounim

made a thread about dorms not long ago!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• What will happen to all the nugu stans and their derived superiority complex :pepe-sad:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• *Crying over Majors*

They are a girl group that has potential, but it seems the company can't even afford to promote by sending them to music shows... it's sad.

:pepe-sad:

If a company doesn't have the money to properly promote their group(s), they really shouldn't be debuting at all.

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• I have been thinking that it should be a regulation that an artist management company must have at very least 300m won of cash before debuting a girl/boy group. (The amount of money to be revised every 5 years.) At very least 70-80m is needed to create an in-despicable music video and 30-40m minimum will be needed for costume, makeup, choreographer, music producer, sound engineer, marketing etc. Some dozens millions will be needed for daily training, decent livelihood for trainees/idols and the wage of regular employees. A rookie idol group should release at very least 2 singles in a year. If someone can't even raise 300m, he/she can't decently run an idol group for a year.

Some concerns you mentioned, trainee debt and the duration of trainee contract, have had guideline set in place. I believe I've read a report that the company could not impose trainee debt if the trainee fulfill his/her part of the trainee contract and the duration of trainee contract could not be longer than 2 years.

Those about the livelihood of trainees is the subject of labor law.

I agree that any kid below 13 years of age (Korean age) belongs to family and school and not idol training.

lasseiz faire I always say...

let the market dictate how much should be invested and what age...not the government...

If the free market system really have that "invisible hand" to make the society fair and equal, labor law have not existed.

Interesting to see you posted something beside "Interesting".

• ahaha I do say other things other than interesting...it just depends on the topic...

whilst everything you've written makes sense...the question becomes why that and those particular numbers? what are you basing it off?

the free market isn't fair and equitable...but free...nothing in capitalism is "far and equatable"

labor laws exist because of regulations and the law but are counter to lasseiz faire ism??? lol...whether I agree with that or not is moot since in most countries it's the law...

• whilst everything you've written makes sense...the question becomes why that and those particular numbers? what are you basing it off?

the free market isn't fair and equitable...but free...nothing in capitalism is "far and equatable"

labor laws exist because of regulations and the law but are counter to lasseiz faire ism??? lol...whether I agree with that or not is moot since in most countries it's the law...

I assume a decent release for an idol group costs over 100m won and an idol group should make at least 2 releases a year. And, you must take pre-debut training, trainee/idol livelihood etc. into consideration. It can't be less than 300m to properly run an idol group for a year. The number is not final but a placeholder/example and may be much higher if calculated on more accurate info.

Labor law exists because laborers were exploited and abused without govt intervention.

• I assume a decent release for an idol group costs over 100m won and an idol group should make at least 2 releases a year. And, you must take pre-debut training, trainee/idol livelihood etc. into consideration. It can't be less than 300m to properly run an idol group for a year. The number is not final but a placeholder/example and may be much higher if calculated on more accurate info.

Labor law exists because laborers were exploited and abused without govt intervention.

which still begs the question what is a decent release - is that not a subjective judgement? obviously we're not looking at the expenses of top idol groups...or their costs...all that is subjective no? and to my knowledge this would be a concept so novel that no country in the world has implemented before correct?

true I don't disagree with you...

• they are from ANS company

ANS girl group members recently won a lawsuit against company

but of course label is appealing it lol

External Content www.youtube.com

• I agree with the age restriction but for the money part I think that's the company's and the artist's own risk. Don't sign with a broke company if you want to be promoted well, also don't debut a group if you don't even know you can promote them well. But if they still do that, that's on them for being stupid.

• which still begs the question what is a decent release - is that not a subjective judgement? obviously we're not looking at the expenses of top idol groups...or their costs...all that is subjective no? and to my knowledge this would be a concept so novel that no country in the world has implemented before correct?

true I don't disagree with you...

My standard is the mv and music looks/sounds like they are done by pro who makes effort with pro grade equipment. The costume looks like it is made from good material and perfectly fits the singer's body. Something like that. Let's agree that some releases of some groups do not tick all these boxes.

If we are to talk about Big 4 standard, I guess an mv from such company costs no less than 500m.

• To me any company that doesn't have the funds to promote group shouldn't debut one in the first place

• Totally, too many companies took advantage of some underage kids and put the debts on their shoulders. If you want to open a business you should have some money, not simply rent some places and take debts that the idols would have to pay. Some are obligated to pay the debts even if they don't debut or aren't as big as expected. Just imagine working under an idiot who takes a huge amount of money without any reasons or doesn't invest them well, and later to work for the rest of your life to pay that,,,,

Also, the dorms are so bad. No one expects a luxury villa, but 5 people or more in one room, that's not normal nor hygienic. It's true that being poor makes you more motivated, but some companies literally have some unrealistic policies or underwork their idols. Just remember the TS case,,,

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!