Why do people assume most of BPink's international popularity comes from America?

• That user keeps stating false info...

• Did I say otherwise? I don’t see where you are getting at. The gap is huge too but I didn’t even make bts comparison why do you guys have to bring them in just becos they are in my username :sketchyk:

The stats prove 25% of the yt streams came from Thailand that the biggest share so my list is scientific.

Clown. :teeheek:

This is like the third time I've seen armys make the stupid ass claim that BP only pulls the streaming numbers they do because LIsa is Thai. Thailand is not even their biggest country by Spotify monthly listeners - it's actually not even in the top 10, by the way. On Youtube, just 7% of their streams in the last year are from Thailand. They are massively popular in SEA, no denying that, but a lot of it is due to their music style not just because Lisa is Thai. They only blew up there after D4. I'm sure Lisa being SEA is part of how big they are there, but why do you guys act like Lisa's ethnicity is the only reason they are successful? I don't see other groups with Thai members pulling the streaming numbers they do. Also why is having a big SEA fandom always used as an insult like...

GLOBE-F1-1.gif

Edited once, last by mr1962 ().

• Obviously America is the prize in their eyes, the one they promote to the most overseas. Yet the majority of their ifans are in other countries. Most probably China/Thailand/Indonesia and and USA as #4

US is one of their important markets it's not only China and SEA

they also have a big fanbase in Latin America (Brazil and Mexico)

• It's amazing how a group with no relevance in the US has gotten Lady Gaga, Cardi B, Selena Gomez, and Dua Lipa to collab with them...look at them looking for that South East Asia and China clout...

Also, I mean, they really haven't had any relevant US gigs...except the only idol group to perform at Coachella, and multiple appearances in Late Night US shows...

Is the US their biggest source of fans? No, but why would it been, when the US accounts for only 4% of humanity?

• Youtube streams seem to be Indonesia followed by Thailand and the Philippines.

Obviously China does not have Youtube (with out VPN) I am sure BP gets streamed a lot on what ever version of YouTube China has.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It's amazing how a group with no relevance in the US has gotten Lady Gaga, Cardi B, Selena Gomez, and Dua Lipa to collab with them...look at them looking for that South East Asia and China clout...

Also, I mean, they really haven't had any relevant US gigs...except the only idol group to perform at Coachella, and multiple appearances in Late Night US shows...

Is the US their biggest source of fans? No, but why would it been, when the US accounts for only 4% of humanity?

Because Americans don't care if someone is popular in SEA/China/Korea but SEA/China/Korean people will somewhat care if someone is popular in America.

But they have more $. Hence they go through all those efforts for just a handful of Americans, relatively speaking

• Because Americans don't care if someone is popular in SEA/China/Korea but SEA/China/Korean people will somewhat care if someone is popular in America.

But they have more $. Hence they go through all those efforts for just a handful of Americans, relatively speaking

Blackpink has made a lot of money out of the US market - likely more money than any group other than BTS. Could they possibly make even more money? Yes, but not sure why anyone but the shareholders of YG, its employees, and the girls themselves should give an F about this - only they stand to profit.

• Blackpink's album from last year has sold more pure copies in the US THIS year than Twice's (the third or fourth most popular group overseas) 2021 album did. One of the few female acts to sell over 100k pure copies this year.

BP may not be at a massive level like BTS, but they're still popular in America.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!