why don't kpop fans possess critical thinking?

• what do you think about my theory? 15

1. ur on the right track (15) 100%
    2. nah i dont see it (0) 0%
    3. ehh idk (0) 0%

the controversies the past few days made me realize something. fans live at two polar ends, and rarely do people lie in between. on one side, you have fans who will immediately decide to unstan, having no faith in their artist and assuming everything they read is correct. they won't do any research for themselves and will also use the situation as an excuse to say 'oh, i never liked them anyway.' on the other side, you have fans who assume every controversy is a case of cancel culture, and no idol actually does anything wrong. they will either say the accusations are made up, or immediately start defending their actions. i've noticed that certain users always fall into one of these two camps, with some users falling in between. why can't fans look at each situation individually and pay attention to nuances? why do we compare separate controversies and summarize them all as the same thing? why do fans say 'you defended x artist, why are you condemning y artist?' don't they realize that every controversy is a unique situation and can't all have the same response?

discuss.

• because its easier for the brain to process things that are alike we stereotype for a reason.

It's also the same reason why many (not all ) white people can't tell Asians apart and vice versa...

In regards to your first points i have also written posts on knowledge and discussions as well as collective indentity...as to why people behave the way they do...

I have always said you cannot control the actions of others only thyself.

• Because no one really cares about the specific issue at hands.

They just want :

1) Drag their least favorite group, or protect their favorite one

2) Prove that they are morally superior/better than anyone else in general.

• you usually have to let "scandals" stew for a while before you can get more nuanced views. I find that most people that form a really strong opinion right away haven't waited too long to really think about it and are kind of knee jerking their thoughts.

Ps obviously there's some issues that are more debatable than others.

• lmao kpop fans act like everything is black and white

they b acting like if u want to forgive someone u automatically condone what they do, and that people don't change??

and what makes it worse is that if you try to empathize with someone who's made a mistake, they consider you a bad person like sis no ur the one who can't get over things :clown: :clown:

• The one time we have a decent thread and it flops.

on one side, you have fans who will immediately decide to unstan, having no faith in their artist and assuming everything they read is correct. they won't do any research for themselves and will also use the situation as an excuse to say 'oh, i never liked them anyway.'

Sheep mentality

you have fans who assume every controversy is a case of cancel culture, and no idol actually does anything wrong. they will either say the accusations are made up, or immediately start defending their actions.

They think they're being independent thinkers, but are so quick to denounce any actual thought or research to learn about a topic, aka ignorance.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Sign of the times, and it's making me worried

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• there are so many controversies alike, a lot of kpop fans are young and are on stan twitter so whatever the majority agrees with, they agree with. Kpop fans struggle to actually think about the actual thing that was done and just jump to "I'm gonna blindly defend them" or "even though I haven't researched about what they did I'm gonna cancel them" its so frustrating.

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• there are so many controversies alike, a lot of kpop fans are young and are on stan twitter so whatever the majority agrees with, they agree with. Kpop fans struggle to actually think about the actual thing that was done and just jump to "I'm gonna blindly defend them" or "even though I haven't researched about what they did I'm gonna cancel them" its so frustrating.

Suddenly all those critical thinking skills from elementary and middle school start making a whole lot of fucking sense.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!