To those of you that don't stan BTS but are obsessed with their charting:

• It's getting weird.

disappointed gif.gif

Why are people who are not fans constantly being shady towards Butter not being in the top 10? As if it hasn't gotten the 2nd best start a BTS song has had on the Korean charts, yall some fuckin clowns.

BTS has never had the bonkers starts in Melon's weekly top 10. Dynamite was not the usual BTS song, the fact that some of you are extrapolating that to future BTS singles shows the rampant double standards between them and other groups. Even the megahit BWL did 11 weeks.

BTS's songs have the ability to just purely outlast, and they're consistent with it too. They have 7 songs that have charted for at least 1 year (and another is about to join the club). And most of their hit songs weren't even the strongest hits in the year they came out. Spring Day, DNA, IDOL, Fake Love, and BS&T were all hits that continued to gain success as time went on.

The crappy comments about how you're "worried" about Butter's charting, or how Permission to Dance is becoming a LGO (as if LGO isn't still charting after 41 weeks) need to stop.

They're still the best-charting group of the past 11 years, and nothing you can say is going to change that. Seethe.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

Edited once, last by MassiveKpopFan ().

• MassiveKpopFan

Changed the title of the thread from “To those of you that don't stan BTS but are obsessed with their chartinf:” to “To those of you that don't stan BTS but are obsessed with their charting:”.
  • I see more people talk about their charting in Billboard these days then their charting in melon tbh.

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• And yes, this is a thinly veiled response thread. I don't do this often, so you know I'm not feeling this shit today.

You should just take a break from the site for a while to do something else to cool down lol

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Top groups always getting trolled, not matter how much you beg people stop doing it. It will never stop until group become irrelevant. :wellr:

I know, sometimes I just like to rant.

You should just take a break from the site for a while to do something else to cool down lol

Oh I'm not that mad. Having to log off of social media rarely happens with me.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• and to add...... BTS has had all their recent songs charting with pretty much zero promo in korea for the songs post ON/MOTS:7.... so basically for over a year they have not promoted their songs in Korea really. Like BTS have literally not performed butter in korea once yet. From what i can see... it looks like the only other act that can do that and chart well is IU :melon_think: .

also

everything you said is :pepe-tea::pepe-tea::pepe-tea:

• I see more people talk about their charting in Billboard these days then their charting in melon tbh.

This is a post about Korean charts.

I've said my piece of Billboard but I'll say it again:

1. the GP is a lie, no one over the age of 30 is listening to the Hot 100 (even that's pushing it, so many people in their teens and 20s don't know or just don't care what's deemed "popular")

2. Billboard is more interested in getting money & clout than changing their rules to a more "fair" chart

3. BTS is one of the only pop acts that can tour stadiums in the US. A #1 is fleeting, but a fanbase isn't.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• People over the age 30 have taste and are listening to music from the 80s

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• and to add...... BTS has had all their recent songs charting with pretty much zero promo in korea for the songs post ON/MOTS:7.... so basically for over a year they have not promoted their songs in Korea really. Like BTS have literally not performed butter in korea once yet. From what i can see... it looks like the only other act that can do that and chart well is IU :melon_think: .

also

everything you said is :pepe-tea::pepe-tea::pepe-tea:

All these "oh, wait until the promotions start to see if X song will be stable" discussions, and BTS drops a single and it gets to the top 10 within hours.

Speak nicely about them.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• It's a compliment really. Because unless BTS themselves give a little bit of clout to their faves, I would never know of others' existence :waterr: (besides the groups in my sig) Especially on twitter when I have most of kpop groups muted for world peace. And it brings me great chuckles that BigHit and kpop stans follow btschartsdata's blueprint. Imagine how lost everyone would be without his tutorials to steal from. :pepe-sad:

• It's a compliment really. Because unless BTS themselves give a little bit of clout to their faves, I would never know of others' existence :waterr: (besides the groups in my sig) Especially on twitter when I have most of kpop groups muted for world peace. And it brings me great chuckles that BigHit and kpop stans follow btschartsdata's blueprint. Imagine how lost everyone would be without his tutorials to steal from. :pepe-sad:

off topic, but I've never seen you comment in my threads before, you're like an enigmatic legend. :ak_shocked:

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Oh they're listening to songs from the 2000s, when they were in school. Nostalgia is a crazy mfker when it starts changing your music tastes.

I thought people only listened to 2000s music at prom. :/

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

You mute official group accounts?

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

BTS clout is the thing all desire for and brag abt it when it happens

• BTS are the Main characters in some user's life here . Even when Some of their fav's are making a comeback , not giving them any content , getting kicked out of the group , Yet .. the threads they make and the interest they have is all abt BTS .

You're not wrong, that's the worrisome part.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• IMO.

Because you keep tabs on who you want the competition to be - like metaphorical goalposts for your faves to reach. It just so happens that BTS fills that role for a shit ton of people, so if it seems like it's coming from all directions - it is. They ain't keeping tabs on nugu groups that's for sure, so despite what some have tried to convince us about BTS, their actions tell another story.

• IMO.

Because you keep tabs on who you want the competition to be - like metaphorical goalposts for your faves to reach. It just so happens that BTS fills that role for a shit ton of people, so if it seems like it's coming from all directions - it is. They ain't keeping tabs on nugu groups that's for sure, so despite what some have tried to convince us about BTS, their actions tell another story.

And that's why Ves is one of the best users on this site, she calls out bullshit like it is.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Damn straight, Massive.

As an aside - as in my thirties, why on Earth am I only meant to be listening to 80s music, btw!? 😄 Is there some rule I missed about only listening to songs from the decade you’re born or someone starts banging on your door to arrest you? Pray for me. I’m in trouble.

As an aside - as in my thirties, why on Earth am I only meant to be listening to 80s music, btw!? 😄 Is there some rule I missed about only listening to songs from the decade you’re born or someone starts banging on your door to arrest you? Pray for me. I’m in trouble.

I like songs that sound good to me, don't matter the release time.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

Nah, you only listen to REO Speedwagon from the 70s.

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

• REO speedwagon? Really? that’s what you chose to go with out of everything the seventies has to offer!? 😄

If I’m going to listening to anything about not fighting the feeling, recently you’re more likely to catch me listening to EXO.

It was a joke lol

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

• I realised Can’t Fight this feeling is an 80s track anyway! 😄

Right, BACK ON TOPIC. As you were.

I prob listen to more older kpop than you anyways.

Exo pfft, get on that Beast train.

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

• I brought some :pepepizza: and :pepe-popcorn: to have with the tea you served in this thread.

Cheers :pepe-toast:

• IMO.

Our goalpost boys

:pepelove1::pepelove1:

• I went to MSU. Nobody listened to anything passed The Talking Heads. On the weekends everyone was getting wasted and syncing up the movie Wizard of Oz with Pink Floyd.

• Someone was kind enough to post. BE’s sales numbers in another thread. I was absolutely shocked. I was so convinced by the multitude of posts that BE was an embarrassing flop.

• This thread contains 109 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!