Smoking and Drugs

• Why the KPOP community does not want to accept that an Idol smokes or to forgive their actions for taking drugs ?
    We are in 2021 and K-idols still continue to hide

Being an idol is not an easy thing, imagine that millions of people are watching you
    plus the pressure of the agency and the media as well as public critics.

I know that smoke and drugs are not good for health, but they are humans (errors and temptations exist)

Look at western idol !! JB, Beyoncé, Rihanna, Chris Brown, Billie Eilish ...they were forgiven and their career continued

I feel bad for all this arists and their familly

Stay strong B.I ;(

“ < 4 you & her

• Do you mean the fans in SK, right? I don't think international Kpop community cares much about these sorta scandals.

Now for SK (Japan and China as well), idols are treated as a public figures who need to be held in higher standards and they are selling a fantasy idea with their idol image package. Any blemish will stain their image which they are selling.

For smoking, I think female idols get more criticisms for that than male idols. Still, the maximum they may get is criticism. I don't think they get cancelled per se. Their image may suffer a bit, but smoking is quite widespread in SK society. It's kinda similar to plastic surgery. Idols hide or don't mention it even if it's obvious with very few being open about it.

Now with drugs, it is a crime there. We can all argue about the morality x legality of drugs and people should be allowed to be free to use them, but idols involved in criminal activities is a big no-no and harshly penalized (even if a citizen uses drugs in a place where it is legalized). Using drugs is viewed as a lack of morality strength and shit like that. The history of opium may also influenced the strong negative view of drug use. There are some recent relaxation toward cannabis for medicinal usage, but that's about it. Even bringing non-regulated medicine to SK even if it's legal in a different country is viewed negatively which to me it should just be a fine and move on instead of being a scandal.

Being an idol isn't easy, but they all know what they are getting into. Sadly even the ones who got caught don't speak up much about changing this too restrictive view of idols or fighting for causes like decriminalization of recreational drugs. I guess they know normal people don't get their politics from celebrities in SK (beside regulations and censorship) and idols aren't taken seriously as well. Watching some ex-idols, they kinda accept these as facts that can't be changed.

I'm more sorry about they being recruited so young and have to sculpt their lives around this lifestyle. Very few of them get to taste true success.

• Now for SK (Japan and China as well), idols are treated as a public figures who need to be held in higher standards and they are selling a fantasy idea with their idol image package. Any blemish will stain their image which they are selling.

They call it self-insertion? right ?

For smoking, I think female idols get more criticisms for that than male idols. Still, the maximum they may get is criticism. I don't think they get cancelled per se. Their image may suffer a bit, but smoking is quite widespread in SK society. It's kinda similar to plastic surgery. Idols hide or don't mention it even if it's obvious with very few being open about it.

It's sexist and hypocryte,

I'm more sorry about they being recruited so young and have to sculpt their lives around this lifestyle. Very few of them get to taste true success.

sad things about training

“ < 4 you & her

• They call it self-insertion? right ?

It's sexist and hypocryte,

sad things about training

Dunno if it's the same idea of self-insertion. More like the idea the idol is the perfect gf or bf material fantasy. That's why they have these ridiculous rules for not dating and shit. There are sexual connotations as well. That's why there is too much focus on looks and beauty standards and not so much for singing or dancing (unless the main ones). There is focus on archetypes as well like maknae. That's why some criticize Kpop as being fabricated.

Now SK fans being sexist and hypocrite? Yeah, Korean society in general is still pretty patriarchal and sexist. It was worse before, but it should be better by now.

• besides what sleepy said above...I'll add that with smoking and drugs - people might see that as a bad influence to fans and thus such behaviours should be curtailed so to speak...

is it cancel worthy or scandal worthy...that's up to the masses no? I mean there will be people that think it's not a big deal but there will be people that think it is...at the end of the day it's one persons opinion v another persons...

secondly I'll add that even if such things were 100% legal it might have a negative effect on an idol's character...the definition of an idol is someone to look up to or worship so therefore if the idol has a bad character (because of the smoking/drugs) then others might choose to not support such an idol...

• besides what sleepy said above...I'll add that with smoking and drugs - people might see that as a bad influence to fans and thus such behaviours should be curtailed so to speak...

is it cancel worthy or scandal worthy...that's up to the masses no? I mean there will be people that think it's not a big deal but there will be people that think it is...at the end of the day it's one persons opinion v another persons...

secondly I'll add that even if such things were 100% legal it might have a negative effect on an idol's character...the definition of an idol is someone to look up to or worship so therefore if the idol has a bad character (because of the smoking/drugs) then others might choose to not support such an idol...

So in conclusion, a K-Idol must be the perfect person , good:boredr:

“ < 4 you & her

• It's a complex issue in the KPOP community. The pressure on idols is immense, and public expectations are high. While nobody's perfect, it's essential to remember that acknowledging and addressing issues like smoking and drugs is a part of growth.

• In some cases, idols may fear backlash and consequences, which can be overwhelming. It's true that Western idols have faced similar challenges, but their stories show that with support, change is possible.

• I believe now that idols are just like us; they make mistakes and face temptations. The difference is that their mistakes get amplified a thousand times because of their fame. It's a tough spot to be in.

You brought up Western idols like JB, Beyoncé, and others who've faced their share of controversies and managed to continue their careers. It's a stark contrast to how K-idols are treated in similar situations.

Speaking of understanding and support, have you ever considered a detox program Killeen? Sometimes, seeking professional help can be a crucial step in dealing with addiction and making positive changes in life.

• Idk how drinking and caffeine addiction is normalized everywhere but smoking and drugs are seen as a step too far like its all the same shit

уσυ αяє му ωανє, ѕανє мє мαуαу!

8bfc35762b79cad8c23df778994e1fdd5bb30f48.gifv a5339a913a6c516d47bdfb70216a1bdd345b3b6c.gifv 6a0ad341b6d7a61132393c429342e18f2333e20c.gifv

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!