is BP solo just a way for YG to know on which BP member he need to focus ?

• the same thing happen with 2NE1 suppose to each one go solo, Bom got her solo in 2009 then a comeback in 2011, CL got tons of collab and get more and more attention and in 2013 she debuted in solo, and in 2013 Minzy reveal that she already recorded a song in 2011 and is preparing to release it one day, but after the success of CL solo , YG just put on hold every other solo project of the member to focus on the member

Now you can see that Jennie was always the most popular so she got her solo release first, because she was the most popular in korea

then rosé had her solo release, and before they never got her a lot of activities but now that YG saw that her solo succeed he started to gave her more solo job with tv show apparition, a secret work with jennie etc...

and Now that lisa solo seems to be on the right way to be really successfull he might start to promote her much more in Korea

But with Baemonster preparing to debut really soon we already know that YG struggle to focus on more than 1 group to promote and his promotion for BP were always very so-so

but now with all the solo work i'm scared that he might try to see which BP member might be more successfull with their solo, to see on which member he'll need to focus when he'll start to focus on promoting Baemonster and BP end up in the same situation than 2ne1

what do you think ??

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON

• I think they're not ready for another OT4 comeback especially after how well the album did, expectations are high, so they need to comeback really strong and if they tried to crank out another album this year it might not be as good so they're just doing solos in the meantime before the next album.

• yeah i'm really eager for YG to not focus on BP anymore that's why i just spend 98 euros to buy the deluxe version of THe album japanese version :pepefacepalm: :pepefacepalm:

any other very smart remark ??? :|

Don't talk about a group "disbandment" around fans who are happy about a member solo announcement. Maybe this? Yes .. let's focus our attention at Lisa and maybe blinks will talk about the group "disbandment" later.

• I think they're not ready for another OT4 comeback especially after how well the album did, expectations are high, so they need to comeback really strong and if they tried to crank out another album this year it might not be as good so they're just doing solos in the meantime before the next album.

I agree that YG might take the time to drop another Album to be sure it does as well than the album did

but he could at least give them a single to make people wait

and especially that YG is not very good with sending idol solo and hendling group activities

once Big bang start doing solo works , gdragon started to have more cb than Big bang had activities as a group

same for 2NE1 , when he send CL in solo he just throw 2NE1 to the background

he started to send Winner members in solo too

or look at how Bobby have started to be more active as a solo since BI left and Ikon have started to be less active as a group

#aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON

• yeah i'm really eager for YG to not focus on BP anymore that's why i just spend 98 euros to buy the deluxe version of THe album japanese version :pepefacepalm: :pepefacepalm:

any other very smart remark ??? :|

Sooyoung. It is your constant need to always mention how BP might end up like 2NE1 for me.....

I don't care if you purchase that overpriced inflatable sofa for their anniversary, i can't be the only one on here that notices that you almost seem to want bp to disband for your own personal reasons...

So go on, and keep making these threads.

• Sooyoung. It is your constant need to always mention how BP might end up like 2NE1 for me.....

I don't care if you purchase that overpriced inflatable sofa for their anniversary, i can't be the only one on here that notices that you almost seem to want bp to disband for your own personal reasons...

So go on, and keep making these threads.

:angryr::angryr::cryingr: don't talk like this about our 864326 version of BP collection kkkkkk

• Don't talk about a group "disbandment" around fans who are happy about a member solo announcement. Maybe this? Yes .. let's focus our attention at Lisa and maybe blinks will talk about the group "disbandment" later.

you're the only one here talking about disbandment

i was talking about YG putting the group in the background and only starting to focus on the most successfull member while giving a group cb one time every 2 year

like he started to do when CL debuted solo, when the group was still active and not disbanded but his focus was on the solo artist and no longer on the group

and 2NE1 wasn't the only one who was victim of this

Big bang were also victim of this when he started to send every member in solo and stop giving frequent group comeback

and he started to do recently by focusing more on Bobby , mino solo than giving the group more activities

• In the end you say "end up like 2ne1" which can be "disbandment".

And threads like this are just unnecessary coming from non fans (with a solo announcement)bc: we, blinks, are happy that finally the solos are taking existence and for now we will enjoy it. I don't think BP will be put aside when BP sells 1M album with just one cb which none YGE groups did. So comparing BP to older YGE acts knowing damn well they broke almost every record by that company is delusional... BP will cb as a group be it late this year or early next year. End.

• , when the group was still active and not disbanded but his focus was on the solo artist and no longer on the group

Okay I kinda understand what you are saying , but nope I don't think YG is that dumb to push their new gg while abandoning 3 Blackpink members and only care about 1

The next thing they know , there would be 100 noisy trucks blasting Boombayah demanding for equal treatment

Also, all 4 girls have their own personal endorsements and if YG abandon them , they themselves know what to do and how to promote themselves in their freetime.

I hate to say it this way but 2NE1 girls has always been exclusive among themselves, I rarely hear them having close relationship with other ggs or important people in the industry? As opposed to them, Blackpink got A TON of friends in the industry . They will know how to survive . Jennie befriend the girl who cheat the system and become a millionare so I am sure she knows what to do to YG if the time comes :froghype:

영원히 소녀시대! BLACKPINK IS THE REVOLUTION                      original.gif

• 1. Jennie's Solo was a smash and YG started promoting her less not more lol so this YG abandoning the group to focus on the member with the most successful solo theory of yours is dumb and doesn't make sense to begin with

2. YG puts less effort into the solos than the group. No international distribution for solo albums, less songs, less versions, etc. The focus is clearly still on the group. They released SOLO to boost BP popularity in SK. It worked but now they're stuck in this loop of having to deliver the other solos so akgaes don't riot. That's the only reason they are doing solos right now. If solos were the priority, would it really have taken 2 years to release RS1?

3. 2NE1 disbanded because of how they handled Bom's scandal and the fact that YG could still financially depend on BB at the time, along with their two newly debuted still rising boy groups iKON and Winner. YG is a different place in 2021. If they disband Blackpink they will actually go broke because they have no other financially lucrative artists

Not surprised OP is so eager to see BP go down 2NE1's path lol

• Also, all 4 girls have their own personal endorsements and if YG abandon them , they themselves know what to do and how to promote themselves in their freetime.

yeah but like you said all these endorsement is more because of their stunning visual, the support of blinks on SNS and them being very marketable more than YG really trying to promote them

it's more them promoting themselves

but if you notice Rosé got much more job on korean tv show, by making an apparition on the music show with onew and suhyun , or going in the us for the secret project with Jennie after her solo debut and seeing how successfull

i think the solo for YG is a smart move to give to the fans what they want while still being for YG a way to calculate which one of the member will make more money for them in the future

and it's nothing in bashing or else, but we all know how YG love to put his group in the dungeon everytime a new group debut even his biggest act like Big bang and 2NE1 suffer from this

• one of the member will make more money for them

I think this tactic is not what YG intend to do with Blackpink, hell why would they only focus on one girl when they can push 4 girls in different areas

YG know Blackpink is marketable individually, if they don't they won't send Lisa to China for her survival show mentoring, they won't allow Jisoo to act

As opposed to 2NE1 7 years with YG and Blackpink 5 years with YG, YG have made it clear that these girls are going to have more solo promotion, they know Blackpink as individuals is profitable , on the other hand that formula doesn't work with 2NE1 as they started to push CL after the group success, not while the group is at the top of their game

I would like to think that rather than YG pushing 1 girl and left other behind, they would actually push all 4 apart from each other as it is more profitable for them to do so. I would say the concern is more to would YG push them too much

영원히 소녀시대! BLACKPINK IS THE REVOLUTION                      original.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!