My problem with CL solo songs...

• This!!!

Thanks for the essay, i like when people interact a lot with me kkkkkkkkkk

• Been saying this for the longest time! Cl was my bias in 2ne1 and ever since debut she named herself the baddest female and rolled with it and is still rolling with it...it's been getting old for a while now.

She has amazing vocals and such a strong stage presence, but she is not a good rapper. She is just a good idol rapper. There's difference! Being a good rapper isn't just about flow but the way they write lyrics and using double entendres, and Cl's lyrics are among the lines "haters gonna hate" "excuse me excuse you" etc. they sound like cliche ig captions...

Look at her work when she is singing and it's a whole other story. The lyrics is more quality, it's not cringy and she sounds amazing. She needs to ditch this "i'm the baddest" persona cos A: it's old and B: it comes across as cringy and arrogant rather than badass.

I do think her music has improved a bit since she freed herself from YGE cos the beats/melodies in her songs are fire.

Drop some moneY

erosezgif-com-gif-maker.gif896e43bc70930fa93538987bcf98568f828dbdc4.gifv 4ed3672a47d5a1db609af94f6965ecb4df788778.gifv 1569dce42941a2054232901ca03faba39b1d1fb5.gifverosezgif-com-gif-maker.gif

• Oh, now i understand why some find her rap weak. For sure the lyrics need improvement too and it's truly truly a pity how she can't evolve more and bring us masterpieces bc i know she is capable of it!

Let's see which path she will take bc it's getting tiring and just repetitive.

• The whole bad girl image is tired now, I'm sick of it, She needs to find something else and a better producer and creative team, sometimes I watch her MVS and cringe, like the spicy MV was just weird, I didn't get it. I miss 2ne1 because they did girl crush/bad girl concepts but made it their own, like with ugly, or gotta be. I wish she would just branch out because her hiphop/rap music now is just flat out bad.

• I'm interested in her trying songs with more of this vibe :melon_think:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• The whole bad girl image is tired now, I'm sick of it, She needs to find something else and a better producer and creative team, sometimes I watch her MVS and cringe, like the spicy MV was just weird, I didn't get it. I miss 2ne1 because they did girl crush/bad girl concepts but made it their own, like with ugly, or gotta be. I wish she would just branch out because her hiphop/rap music now is just flat out bad.

It's not bad bad, but more basic and the same thing all over again...

• I'm interested in her trying songs with more of this vibe :melon_think:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I sweeeeeeear! CL doesn't see how she could nail sooo many different genres if she tried... She needs to step up her game.

• Hiii

Have you listened to her Ep In the name of love ? In which she appears to me to be more than just a badass woman. She’s just a human, with emotions, a certain fragility that she admits. She’s done with things, she’s tired, stressed, relieved. She’s telling us all the time that she’s fierce, powerful, and stuff what she is for sure. But she’s also showing us a part of herself as a window on her soul. Without any shell or shield.

And are you expecting CL to fit other concepts ? As many and many and many (not to say every single kpop Idol) in the Kpop industry ? Look I don’t think she’s too repetitive, that’s my opinion, according to me she doesn’t try to be badass as fitting a concept, she is her own concept, that’s her personality to be a dualist, mixing her powerful side to her fragile one. I would be disappointed (but who am I to be disappointed tho) if I’d see CL wanting to fit a cute concept, just to be versatile to say that she can be or she is versatile. See what I mean ? I mean what’s the point ? Faking you can fit any concept but none of them are close to your own personality.

She has written hundreds and hundreds of song, in some of them she appears to be fearless, but she’s a human that’s impossible, that’s why in some of them she appears to be more fragile, dealing with her emotions, and everything at once.

I think she knows how amazing she is, the potential she got. If she hasn’t taken since all these years the direction you would have wanted her to take, it’s maybe because she doesn’t want to

Byye <3

• CL reminds me of Lim Kim. Their music right now expresses the sound they originally wanted to do. Even the visuals. Lim Kim was tired of the image her company put in her and decided to show a new image of Asian women in her music.

From this

to this

CL's music right now is vastly different from what she released in YG lol down to the production. It's obvious she has strayed away from the cookie-cutter sound so many female K-hip hap artists do. It's not for everyone but it seems like she's happy.

tumblr_nzies3E9yh1uf1itwo1_500.gif

LORD & SAVIOR PARK JIHYO | ITZY | YUKIKA | RUANN | | TWICE | BRAVE GIRLS | APRIL | FROMIS_9 | TOMMY FEBRUARY6

• Hi, not demanding her to change her work, it's her career, but it is repetitive and some of the lyrics are indeed weak.

And being cute isn't the only versatility i have in mind and it's funny how this is what you think a versatility in kpop means..

And while she is taking full control over her work, i don't think she is on full potential as her newest single showed me.

But thanks for interacting! :borahae:

• I heard of Lim Kim before, but i never heard her songs, i will give a listen later, thanks for the "recommendation" kkk

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!