Do you know of any songs that remind you of K-pop songs (and vice versa, or two K-pop songs reminding you of each other)?

• Here's my list:

• #1 - "Just a Feeling" by S.E.S, which reminds me of "Don't Fight the Feeling" by EXO - I find both songs' choruses and rhythms to be pretty similar, and guess what? Both songs have the word 'feeling' in their titles, and both were sung by SM groups 😮 !
    • #2 - "You Can't Sit With Us" by Sunmi, which reminds me of "Last Dance" by Stefania (which in turn reminds me of "I Can't Stop Me" by TWICE) - Similar beats, similar tempos, similar voices... what more similarities can you expect from these three songs?
    • #3 - "HUH" by 4Minute, which reminds me of "Break the Ice" by Britney Spears - I feel like it's the beats in "HUH" that're similar enough to those in Britney's "Break the Ice" (speaking of Britney Spears, #FreeBritney, y'all :wilds: !)...
    • #4 - "No Playboy" by 9Muses, which reminds me of "Don't Stop the Music" by Rihanna - Again, the beats of 9Muses' "No Playboy" make me think about Rihanna's "Don't Stop the Music" (not accusing the producer behind "No Playboy" of plagiarizing "Don't Stop the Music", I think both songs are good :eyebrowsr: ).
    • #5 - "My My" by Apink, which reminds me of "Dreamlover" by Mariah Carey - The similarities between the two songs that I could find were in the beats, the intro, the "du-du-du" adlibs... even "My My"'s song structure is similar to that of "Dreamlover" if you ask me :wellr: !

(just some thoughts, not accusing any of the artists mentioned of plagiarism as I said in #4, feel free to share your thoughts on K-pop songs you know of that remind you of other songs and vice versa)

nothing here for now hehe (/▽\)

• ducky-mioda

Changed the title of the thread from “Do you know of any songs that remind you of K-pop songs (and vice versa)?” to “Do you know of any songs that remind you of K-pop songs (and vice versa, or two K-pop songs reminding you of each other)?”.
  • Stray Kids' Neverending Story reminds me of Backstreet Boys' More Than That (the chorus part only. pls don't ask me why, it's unreasonable lol).

timestamps on:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• ducky-mioda

The amount of times when KPop and JPop simply use the same beat or even copy eachother

Example 1 - NU'EST vs. Haruma Miura - The one of Haruma was released in 2019 and the one of NU'EST in 2020

External Content www.youtube.com

Example 2: EXILE vs. SUPER JUNIOR - The one of EXILE was released in 2004 while the one of SuJu is from 2005

There are a few more but I'm not in the mood right now to find you all

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!