Hidden Gems #1: Anymore by Seo In Young

• Hello AKP Community!

It's your favorite multi-stan: Hopkinz! I decided I'm gonna try doing a series where I post an underrated "hidden gem" every day! These will be mostly songs you've probably never heard of or forgot about as the years went on. Up first we have my legit, favorite Kpop song of all time: Anymore by Seo In Young!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Something about this song just hits me in the feels and I can't even explain it really. I'm not even the biggest Seo In Young fan in the world, but this is my favorite Kpop song ever.

Image result for Seo In young gif

Seo In Young is a former member of the girl group Jewelry . They lasted 14 years together before they decided to officially disband (which actually is a record), but the group went through multiple lineup changes and zero original members were a part of the final lineup. Seo In Young had a moderately successful solo career, but hasn't done much in the past 5 years. Anymore was probably her most successful song, but like basically zero international fans know it, so that's why I wanted to include it in this series.

If you want to get tagged in upcoming threads let me know!

• I'm feeling weird, the MV and the song are somewhat familiar, lmao maybe I heard it before

Nonetheless an awesome song, didn't knew about the soloist, and that she was an ex member of jewelry.

The piano kinda sounds like Clocks by Coldplay

• Huh... I'm so used to her variety personality that I sometimes forget that Seo In Young is a pretty good singer. Even though I knew she was in Jewelry, I never paid much attention to their songs beyond 'Baby One More Time'. Didn't know she went solo, but this was good. She signed with Stone Music? Do you know if she's still releasing stuff nowadays?

• Huh... I'm so used to her variety personality that I sometimes forget that Seo In Young is a pretty good singer. Even though I knew she was in Jewelry, I never paid much attention to their songs beyond 'Baby One More Time'. Didn't know she went solo, but this was good. She signed with Stone Music? Do you know if she's still releasing stuff nowadays?

So she actually set up her own label called In Young company, then she joined Playtone Entertainment which had a partnership with CJ E&M (now Stone). In 2016 she rejoined Star Empire (Jewelry's label) as a "move of loyalty." I think she's still with them. This was the most recent song I've seen her do, but yeah she's been doing mostly variety lately

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!