💫The Official Girls Planet 999 Thread💫 Vote for your Favorite Trainee on UNIVERSE app!

• u2soba9tqpf71.jpg?width=900&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=e938dd5810c80f4b9aeaa1f6322604d9c524efd7

"Girls Planet 999: The Girls Saga (simply referred to as Girls Planet 999) is a 2021 South Korean reality competition show that premiered on Mnet on August 6, 2021 at 8:20 PM KST and is being aired for 12 weekly episodes until its finale on October 22. A production by Mnet's parent company CJ ENM and its subsidiary Studio Take One, as well as in collaboration with game developer and publisher NCSoft, the aim of the competition is to debut a new 9-member girl group consisting of trainees and idols from China, Japan, and South Korea. Auditions for the competition were held from January to February 2021.

Out of 13,000 applicants, 99 final contestants were selected. These 99 contestants are split equally into three groups; the K-Group, C-Group and the J-Group." From Wikipedia 

Vote for your top 9 via the "UNIVERSE" mobile app

[Girls Planet 999] Episode Links

[Girls Planet 999] Episode 3 and 4 Performances

[Girls Planet 999] Episode 5 Preview

[Girls Planet 999] ‘O.O.O’ Performances

[Girls Planet 999] 999 T.V.

[Girls Planet 999] Create your own top 9

• [Girls Planet 999] Episode 2 Performances

[Girls Planet 999] Episode 1 Performances

[Girls Planet 999] Post Episode 1 Videos

• Man if I could change one thing about the show.

PUT THEIR NAMES IN BIG LETTERS ON THE SCREEN WHEN THEY TALK.

I can't tell who the heck anyone is and it's killing me.

I keep having to pause. And zoom in. And I miss the name tag. Or only see a partial part and I have to go to Google and search up the partial name and compare to 17 girls.

Jesus Christ.....

Just out the freaking name BIG!!!

FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!

• Yes, I found this to be especially annoying since they were wearing nametags. Like at least SHOW the name tag clearly if you're not going to put their names on the screen.

• let's revive this thread a bit :D

it's already Wednesday and 2nd episode is on fridayyy

signal.jpg

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• New episode 2 preview:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• babydoll23

Changed the title of the thread from “💫Planet Guardians Unite! The Official Girls Planet 999 Thread💫” to “💫The Official Girls Planet 999 Thread💫 Episode 2 Previews in OP”.
  • External Content www.youtube.com

Profile shoot

• External Content twitter.com

The top 9 contestants will be revealed tonight! Which contestants do you think made it to the top 9?

• babydoll23

Changed the title of the thread from “💫The Official Girls Planet 999 Thread💫 Episode 2 Previews in OP” to “💫The Official Girls Planet 999 Thread💫 TOP 9 to be revealed tonight!”.
  • Yeah at first, I thought it would be the top 3 from each group (K, J, and C) but seeing how some of the judges were less than impressed with their group performances, I think there may be a few twists.

I think it is going to be something like 5/2/2 for the first top9 - Xiaoting and Ruiqi from C-group, Mashiro and Yurina from J-group. And for some reason, I have a feeling that Yujin won't be in the top9 for now.

• I think it is going to be something like 5/2/2 for the first top9 - Xiaoting and Ruiqi from C-group, Mashiro and Yurina from J-group. And for some reason, I have a feeling that Yujin won't be in the top9 for now.

that makes sense. It would be interesting if they gave Yujin an underdog story. I'm just praying it's not a Gaeun repeat.

• babydoll23

Changed the title of the thread from “💫The Official Girls Planet 999 Thread💫 TOP 9 to be revealed tonight!” to “💫The Official Girls Planet 999 Thread💫 Let's watch episode 2! Link in OP”.

• The formula is 6.475870598*Korean + 1.182618146*Overseas

Edit: the coefficients come from Total/Korean and Total/Overseas, that's why it's not normalized to 1. It ensures a 50/50 to Korea/Overseas.

unknown.png

Edit: the coefficients come from Total/Korean and Total/Overseas, that's why it's not 1.

unknown.png

wait that's stupid it gives them possibility to manipulate everything, for example ifans will vote 1 mln for one trainee but Koreans just 100k, so then MNet will switch ratio to for example boost trainees which got 300k votes from Koreans but less from ifans

• wait that's stupid it gives them possibility to manipulate everything, for example ifans will vote 1 mln for one trainee but Koreans just 100k, so then MNet will switch ratio to for example boost trainees which got 300k votes from Koreans but less from ifans

The ratio ensures a 50/50 to Korea/Overseas

Global voting was a mistake? :melon_think: Afaik SIM cards are harder to get in SK.

Global voting was a mistake? :melon_think: Afaik SIM cards are harder to get in SK.

If they're also this dedicated to buy albums and merch then it's a good thing for the group

Edit: the coefficients come from Total/Korean and Total/Overseas, that's why it's not normalized to 1. It ensures a 50/50 to Korea/Overseas.

unknown.png

So I tried watching it on iqiyi but english subtitles aren't showing.

• babydoll23

Changed the title of the thread from “💫The Official Girls Planet 999 Thread💫 Let's watch episode 2! Link in OP” to “💫The Official Girls Planet 999 Thread💫 Eliminations tonight for Ep. 5! OP Updated!”.
  • Is there any information on how many votes the trainees got individually? I mean not the rankings but votes themselves with Korean\non-Korean disambiguation at least or country-level would be even better (it seems that at least Mnet itself got that info). Kinda curious to see the popularity of trainees across the countries.

For instance, it seems that Yaning is popular among Japanese and Spanish-speaking countries. I can also speak Russian and checked out their social media, seems that she is one of the top C picks there as well (like top 3 or higher). Would be interesting to see similar information about the other girls.

• This thread contains one more post that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!