Will toxicity stop you?

• No, although fandoms can be childish making big issues out of small things, I still listen to the group's music. I will stop listening if the music does not interest me.

• Yes, it did.

T-ara brought me in 2019 into kpop. But they were practically destroyed in 2012 by netizens. I also heard a lot about fanwars and saw comments in variuos comment sections. So i just listen to songs i like without supporting any of the artists.

Since the groups i liked the most, like t-ara or sistar werent active anymore, there was not that much to stan anyway.

Only when i discovered Blackpink i like the girls and their songs so i might have supported them. But the image i had from blink was that they are allways fighting yg over everything related to the girls. fighting each other with all the solo stans. fighting once over wo is the biggest gg and fighting all other fandoms wo became popular and may treaten their success. So i stayed away from it.

I have to admit that all i thought i knew was hearsayings. When i cheered for Brave Girls i had some bad expectations about other fandoms may become toxic. So i was very surprised and ashamed when nearly all other fandoms did the complete opposite. There must be a lot more but i specially remember blink, atiny, uena, army and once as beeing very nice and kind.

• I'm asking because i read many comments saying: i quit this fandom because it became so toxic and tbh i can somehow understand them. I mean i know toxic fans are only maybe 1% of the whole fandom but you can't deny that sometimes they're loudest...and very annoying

I think this happens because those folk maybe emotionally vulnerable. Also they seek out comfort in the fandom of whatever they joined. Once toxicity starts it personally affects them which puts them off and causes that.

But the. There's people like me who don't give a single fuck about you 😂 you actually owe me the fucks to give a fuck. Which is why i can love whatever group and not care what the fandom is doing. Just like with BTS and people talk about toxic army or whatever im like army wut? Don't care but did you enjoy some bts? This works because I liked BTS for their music and who they were I didn't like them for the fans or to be part of it.

• There is toxicity to be found in every single fandom out there - you’d end up not liking or following anything if you were put off by the pillocks out there in the world, and they are always a minority and they are easy to ignore.

those individual haters can easily ignored. but if fandoms start attacks organized by fangroup chats/accounts its a total differend story. and that is something only a few fandoms do.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!