Bigger: Red Velvet's Bad Boy or Blackpink's D4

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

versus

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Two hits back to back in the big 3, but which was bigger?

• Bad Boy isn't even in the top2 Red Velvet hit songs.

External Content www.youtube.com

• D4 is Blackpinks biggest hit it`s bigger then Bad Boy for sure, it would be better to compare with something like Red Flavor since it`s more intresting cuz D4 was bigger internationaly, but Red Flavor was bigger in Korea

❤︎ Girls' Generation ❤︎ N C T ❤︎ Red Velvet ❤︎ ae spa ❤︎

6e9ff8522b602d528710161e21247989328c7faf.gifv3619ff6031a383f824fe1d511bcbfb7f249c21df.gifv

• D4 is Blackpinks biggest hit it`s bigger then Bad Boy for sure, it would be better to compare with something like Red Flavor since it`s more intresting cuz D4 was bigger internationaly, but Red Flavor was bigger in Korea

I don’t know. D4 would still pull through over RF in Korea too when you look at the stats. Plus, it topped Gallup. Red Flavor did have more longevity in the top 100 and does usually place higher in the summer, but D4 was typically higher outside of that season. But it’s much closer than this question.

• I don’t know. D4 would still pull through over RF in Korea too when you look at the stats. Plus, it topped Gallup. Red Flavor did have more longevity in the top 100 and does usually place higher in the summer, but D4 was typically higher outside of that season. But it’s much closer than this question.

i totally get what u mean when it comes to stats, but sometimes we should also look at the impact and Red Flavor had more of an impact in Korea (D4 was huge there was so much hype when the song was out don`t get me wrong), but still RF made RV queens of summer in Korea and the song climbed the charts again for the next two summers.. also not long ago when talking about national hits knetz said RF was the only song that has potential besides the obvious ones like Growl and TT they don`t really mention D4.. i guess maybe D4 was bigger hit initially, but RF overall

❤︎ Girls' Generation ❤︎ N C T ❤︎ Red Velvet ❤︎ ae spa ❤︎

6e9ff8522b602d528710161e21247989328c7faf.gifv3619ff6031a383f824fe1d511bcbfb7f249c21df.gifv

• i totally get what u mean when it comes to stats, but sometimes we should also look at the impact and Red Flavor had more of an impact in Korea (D4 was huge there was so much hype when the song was out don`t get me wrong), but still RF made RV queens of summer in Korea and the song climbed the charts again for the next two summers.. also not long ago when talking about national hits knetz said RF was the only song that has potential besides the obvious ones like Growl and TT they don`t really mention D4.. i guess maybe D4 was bigger hit initially, but RF overall

I still think it will be a bit of a fight to place RF higher. It will be close, and I think quite a bit will place it higher but ultimately the success D4 paved for BP in Korea would still surpass RV. I mean, we’re talking about a song so popular that it not only topped the Gallup poll (still remains the only 3rd Gen GG song to do so) but Jennie went on to have a solo smash afterwards from the hype of the song. Peek-a-Boo didn’t do nearly as well as RF. RF is a seasonal song, so it rises during the summer but outside of that D4 garners more streams & ULS. Even now, the song isn’t that much higher than D4 during it’s prime season.

RF is a smash hit & I’m sure to several it will be placed higher than D4, but ultimately I don’t think it would outweigh D4’s success which pushed BP to global superstardom internationally & pushed them even higher in Korea to the point where a single group member beat two top tier groups on the digital charts alone.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!