remember when T-ARA performed in the US and it turned out to be so awkward.....

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

tbh performing infront of a semi-nude drunk/high hip hop audience that have never seen them before with a song they've never heard before in a language they can't understand was always going to be difficult

* This is what I had posted on Diadem, which was deleted multiple times by the mods and the founder. I'm done arguing with them, and I'm done with Diadem. They've left me with no choice but to post this fan account here on Twitter: *

So here is my experience and account of what happened at T-ara N4's first American performance at Palms Pool in Las Vegas:

I got there at 12 pm, where I found two other Queens waiting at the front of the stage. I joined them and we spotted T-ara several times in the crowd and in the VIP section. After about 3 hours of waiting, Chris Brown finally appeared on the stage and performed his set. I am not sure where he went after his performance but it's possible that he left the pool party. After another hour of waiting, T-ara N4 appeared on stage and performed Countryside Life. Just as I feared, they received very mixed reactions from the crowd. We were the only ones who were really cheering them on and it was extremely awkward. Most people were just silent and confused. Some girls in the crowd even told them to get off the stage. It was totally the wrong crowd for them to perform for. The hardcore partying and hip hop crowd there did not expect to see an unknown (in America) girl group show up randomly and perform a song in Korean. Chris Brown didn't even show up to perform his part. The DJ cut them off abruptly, which angered T-ara, especially Eunjung, but they were allowed to finish their performance after that awkward moment. At the end of the performance, Eunjung reached out and grabbed our hands because we were the only Queens there to support them. After their performance, they regrouped at an area by the pool where they appeared to be really embarassed and upset (yes, there was some crying). That was when I approached Jiyeon and asked her to sign my shirt again, took a picture with Eunjung and had the opportunity to speak with Dani, where she told me how upset they were. The DJ later apologized and they were allowed back on stage to perform again, where the crowd was a little bit more supportive, but it was still really awkward. Their mood did not change after the second performance. They still seemed embarassed and upset and they quickly retreated to a private room. That was the last I saw of them.

I have mixed emotions right now. The Queen in me is ecstatic that I got to meet T-ara again but I feel really sad about what happened to them today. This just shows that CCM is rushing their American debut without doing any research. I really hope they don't have to go through another embarassing experience like that again.

• Why tf would their company send them to a hip hop concert tho? There are plenty of other music festivals. Look at how well blackpink and Coachella went. Tara deserved more than just a stage and a shitty dj.

It's because Dani went to school with Chris Brown, they were classmates if I'm not mistaken he invited them, but the whole thing was a mess. Felt bad for Tara, well actually it was their sub group Tara N4.

• It's because Dani went to school with Chris Brown, they were classmates if I'm not mistaken he invited them, but the whole thing was a mess. Felt bad for Tara, well actually it was their sub group Tara N4.

I don't think they were classmates since Chris Brown is 32 and Dani is 21 but I think her parents have connections with Chris Brown's people/label!

~ ω

• So Dani was part of T-ara N4, I did not know that.

• Dang! No, that was just disrespectful!

I had to research what K-Pop had to offer that year :/...yeah, K-Pop didn't have much of anything d0pe with US R'N'B or Hip-Hop crossover appeal besides EXO's "Heart Attack" (XOXO Album) and CL's "The Baddest Female"; T-Ara was fighting an uphill battle with a "cold crowd". Poor ladies..and they had to deal with Chris on top of that.

• This was a whole mess and CB announcing his new single in the middle of their performance was so disrespectful. You could tell that they didn’t took them serious.

Idk what their company was thinking, but T-ara tried to keep it as professional as possible. Awkward indeed.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!