Dreamcatcher live vocals

• This sound so awesome! They are such vocal queens! :danceb:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• their backtrack is way too loud. with the exception of the rapper i could barely hear their live vocals

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

here's a clearer live version

no backtrack

• External Content www.youtube.com

here's a clearer live version

no backtrack

thanks :) they are so cute and sound good, there was no need to "hide" their vocals by using such a loud backtrack. anyways, i really like the song even tho i'm not into their music :)

• thanks :) they are so cute and sound good, there was no need to "hide" their vocals by using such a loud backtrack. anyways, i really like the song even tho i'm not into their music :)

i doubt they were trying to "hide" it

it was the arrangement and editing's work

they're literally THE most confident group who sing live anytime they get to

• As someone completely ignorant of proper vocal technique, I have to ask: Why is Siyeon considered to be a bad singer (ELI5)? She sounds great to me, a lay person.

tbh from my vocal technique knowledge and experience, she sounds great. when i asked, people just said “she has no support, she never supports and that makes her very weak” or something but.... i don’t hear what they hear.

i think the biggest problem is most of them parrot what one or two people said to sound like they know vocals very well. she wouldn’t be considered very weak to any vocal coach i know and while support isn’t her strength, it’s not absent like some try to claim. especially if you actually get into their videos.

the secondary problem is that some of the “vocal coaches” of akp seem to think that heathy vocals have one sound. they don’t. you can sound “healthy” and be destroying your voice and vice versa. a lot of people who think the ideal “healthy” voice always comes out sounding like early mariah carey are too narrow-minded. there’s tons of vocal styles which require different techniques and rock vocals can often sound “technically incorrect” while still being very healthy.

for example: someone who is in a metal band will probably do a lot of vocal fry and screaming. they won’t sound “healthy” to these akp vocal “experts” even if they have perfect and healthy vocal technique because they don’t consider those factors.

siyeon has a very healthy and beautiful voice with a nice range. she has strengths and weaknesses but that “siyeon is a very weak vocalist because she has no support” whatever is a crock of bs.

(a lot of that stuff was incorrect but tbh i think the person who made it just had a lot of bias)

• That's a pogchamp comment. I especially appreciate the part about metal vocalists. If you take the most extreme ones ie. the death metal vocalists, you would believe they gonna ruin their vocal cords in no time. But they don't. They perform these vocals during full gigs for years, decades even. Because there's a proper technique.

• According to that person all of DC are weak except Yoohyeon and they seem to especially dislike Siyeon and her singing. I have watched a few vocal coach perspectives, for example Sir Austin of Youtube. He reacted to their vocals before even knowing who they were and was very impressed in general and with Siyeon, he is not scared of being critical either and I feel he judges her the most (considering she is hailed as best) but he has and continues to say she is an incredible singer.

Same with other trained singers and vocal coaches I have seen reacting to them. I have never seen someone say that Siyeon or DC in general are weak aside from this one AKP person.

All I know is that they manage to reproduce what is on the record dead on while live, sometimes it sounds even better. Which can't be said for sooo many groups. Personally both Siyeon and Yoohyeon's vocals leave me in awe as a mere lay person. If they are weak then i've never been happier to stan weak vocalists lol.

But aside from that, I also wanted to say that Gahyeon has improved so much. You can really hear it in this new video. The confidence is growing :love:

7hytR1B.jpg EhjJqBr.jpg

[DREAMCATCHER * PIXY * (G)I-DLE * EVERGLOW * BILLLIE]

• As someone completely ignorant of proper vocal technique, I have to ask: Why is Siyeon considered to be a bad singer (ELI5)? She sounds great to me, a lay person.

Your resident PhD vocal coaches of the internet(and here heavily) obsess over technique, and if they dont have good technique then they sound bad, which is fucking dumb.

Adele had shitty technique, Mariah Carey blew her voice out due to bad technique about her mix voice, M Shadows blew his voice out, Steve Perry is one of the greatest voices of rock, and could barely talk for 10 years

does Siyeon have good technique, i dont fuckin know, but shes a really good singer and anyone says otherwise is

good technique helps shitty/good singers sounds better, and helps great singer extend their singing years

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!