Mera’s take on Blackpink’s image

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

A very informative and interesting take on what makes BlackPink and their music videos so captivating and popular.

Per Mera’s analysis, BP members invoke types of roles that appeal to certain types of aesthetics.

Jisoo: mysterious royal

Jennie: fashionable heroine

Rosé: romantic goddess

Lisa: organized chaos

• Mera is quite accurate with how she sees each of the girls especially with Rosé because I always find her as romantic, serene, peaceful but a force to be reckoned with like a goddess.

• It's interesting, but I highly doubt Kpop stylists and MV directors are this thorough in their planning. Their reasoning behind cinematics pretty much stops at 'make them look good and fit the concept.'

• Great and all, but isnt this the same dumbo that trashed BP's music? Literally called HYLT a flop when it turned out to be one of BP's most popular songs and one of Kpop's best songs of 2020? She got on my shit list real fast with that one ngl X(

I wish more youtubers would be honest when reviewing or reacting to Kpop. I didn't mind her criticism of HYLT because she articulated what she likes in BP and what she wanted in the comeback, which HYLT was the opposite of lol. I expected her to shit on Pretty Savage but it ended up being her favorite song on The Album. Which is kind of weird because I would consider those 2 songs in the same realm.

Please cry more.

• I like her analysis of Jisoo's face always being hidden behind something. It's such a contradiction to partially cover such a beautiful face but I believe it just makes her stand out even more.

Please cry more.

• Great and all, but isnt this the same dumbo that trashed BP's music? Literally called HYLT a flop when it turned out to be one of BP's most popular songs and one of Kpop's best songs of 2020? She got on my shit list real fast with that one ngl X(

This is why Kpop Youtubers/Reactors are afraid to share their true opinions on Kpop, especially BTS and BP

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!