Controversial opinion. That shouldnt be controversial.

• well, that's straight up a lie and i personally have never seen it happen. even if it does happen then i highly doubt it is often enough to call it a pattern or for it to become a problem.

• One should differentiate between some mindless fans that just like to brag about everything and people who are actually interested in the music that they listening to. People who claim this are obviously not in it for the music. But I see more stans who say things like “The lyrics are so deep.

My fave is so deep.“ which is to be fair a difference than claiming someone wrote something that they didn’t.

• well, that's straight up a lie and i personally have never seen it happen. even if it does happen then i highly doubt it is often enough to call it a pattern or for it to become a problem.

I wouldnt make this thread if I havent seen it happen. Even if its not a pattern, it still needs to be addressed.

• I agree the example you wrote doesn't make much sense.

As they are praising them specifically for writing lyrics they didn't write.

But the rest of your OP made it seem to be more against praising groups in general for releasing songs if they didn't write or produce. As if their bringing to life of a song via vocals and performance couldn't be seen as making or contributing to a "masterpiece"

• so what you are saying is when fans hype up a song's lyrics that wasn't written by the singer and then say that the singers are writing lyrical masterpieces?

• Now I understood what you meant. I've seen that happen. It's a bit ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

But it's not that recurrent.

• Made some tweaks on the OP. Sorry for any confusion.

I saw your explanation. But I agree with others, I haven’t seen this and those who do are definitely a very small minority, cause this would be straight up lying.

Maybe your confusing people praising the lyrics with them claiming their faves wrote it. Cause something like this easy to get check out, I doubt anyone sane would set their faves up like that.

• One should differentiate between some mindless fans that just like to brag about everything and people who are actually interested in the music that they listening to. People who claim this are obviously not in it for the music. But I see more stans who say things like “The lyrics are so deep.

My fave is so deep.“ which is to be fair a difference than claiming someone wrote something that they didn’t.

I saw your explanation. But I agree with others, I haven’t seen this and those who do are definitely a very small minority, cause this would be straight up lying.

Maybe your confusing people praising the lyrics with them claiming their faves wrote it. Cause something like this easy to get check out, I doubt anyone sane would set their faves up like that.

I literally seen it happen couple of days ago. And everyone was aggreeing which is mind boggling. Because like you said, anyone sane wouldnt ever do that.

I agree the example you wrote doesn't make much sense.

As they are praising them specifically for writing lyrics they didn't write.

But the rest of your OP made it seem to be more against praising groups in general for releasing songs if they didn't write or produce. As if their bringing to life of a song via vocals and performance couldn't be seen as making or contributing to a "masterpiece"

Well, I understand where you are coming from and thats on me.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!