Controversial opinion. That shouldnt be controversial.

• I dont think its a controversial opinion if you have common sense.

Dont call a song or anything that your faves have no contribution in as "their masterpiece". Its honestly a shxtty thing to do. Dont ever say its their masterpiece/art(song) when their only contribution is vocals. Praise their vocals, sure. But praising and saying they are the ones who release a "masterpiece"(because of the lyrics, melody, instrument, production) when they have zero contribution is (believe it or not) rude. They literally put credits in every song just for you to praise the wrong people. I thought it would be common sense. Give credits where its due. Not give credit where you want, to make you feel good.

I will give an example:

The group members have no contributions in the lyrics

But then a fan said:

Now, this lyric is a masterpiece, as expected from my faves. They know how to write lyrics to spread a great message.

When in reality they dont have any contribution in the lyrics.

KBYE.

• Well its artist who make song a hit and sell it. I will always love you was written by Dolly Parton, but it is known as Whitney's song, because it led to soundtrack selling over 45 million copies. And inspired a whole new gen of vocalists afterwards. So it depends.

• This reminds me of when fans praise idols for their fashion choices at award shows, on stage etc, calling them fashion kings and queens when like 99% of the time, it’s a stylist choosing the clothes for them but when the idol wears something so ugly, it’s immediately the stylist’s fault and no fault of the idol :pepestare: Sorry this is random and off topic ^^

• This reminds me of when fans praise idols for their fashion choices at award shows, on stage etc, calling them fashion kings and queens when like 99% of the time, it’s a stylist choosing the clothes for them but when the idol wears something so ugly, it’s immediately the stylist’s fault and no fault of the idol :pepestare: Sorry this is random and off topic ^^

It's always like this.

It's not just style but music

Music does well on charts: OMG SLAY ENDED YOUR FAVES CHARTS WHO?

Music does badly on charts: FKING DUMB COMPANY TRYING TO SABOTAGE THEM I HATE THIS COMPANY SO MUCH FREE MY FAVES

Not off topic at all. And very true. They be praising them like theres no tomorrow. But when it is ugly, they literally blame anyone else but their faves. To make them feel good.

This can also be applied to songs, when its bad, blame everyone else. But when its good, Its their masterpiece when they have 0 contributions.

• i do not agree at all. interpretation and delivery are very important elements of what a song is.

a song without the singers giving life to it is nothing but an instrumental and words on a paper. now i know that instrumentals can be a standalone but we are talking about songs that have singing in them here.

• this is not common sense because this opinion make no sense

a song can be good in the melody, lyrics etc.... you can give the most perfect ballad and very emotional ballad to someone that doesn't mean that this song even if she's perfect in theory will be perfect in reality if the one who interpret the song doesn't know how to portray the emotions in the song

that's the reason why some people produce and write lyrics but doesn't interpret their own songs, because they understand that with their contribution the song is only half of a masterpiece

Adele songs wouldn't be so good if she wasn't the one who sing them because she know how to portray the emotions that the song hold

that's the reasn why most cover can't reach the level of the original, because people covering this songs don't understand the story behind this song

a song become a masterpiece thanks to the one who write, produce, compose and interpret the song

saying that people shouldn't praise a singer for making of a song a masterpiece

means that you can give this song to the worst singer and you'll still like it , and let's be honest it wouldn't be the case

it's just like how a story can become more realistic depending on who told the story

or how a joke can be funny or not depending on who's the person telling the joke

a song as good as it can be in theory

is nothing without a good interpreter to give life to the song

i always thought it was the most basic knowledge to know in music considering that anybody with a little bit of common sense would understand

but it doesn't seems it's the case

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• Can't relate, my faves write everything and co-produce everything and when I say everything I really mean E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G

:siptear::siptear:

I expected you in this thread and I wasn’t disappointed. As soon as I seen the post I was like… ping icy…

:pepe-hehe:

This isn’t a controversial opinion, it’s simply an ignorant one.

Singing is also contributing to the song. Try to put somebody who never sang before in their life and tell them to sing… I doubt the track would be the same.

• I expected you in this thread and I wasn’t disappointed. As soon as I seen the post I was like… ping icy…

:pepe-hehe:

Let me promote my other faves too the one and only Mariah Carey sunbaenim who wrote 18 of her 19 No.1 hits

:lover2::lover2:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• i do not agree at all. interpretation and delivery are very important elements of what a song is.

a song without the singers giving life to it is nothing but an instrumental and words on a paper. now i know that instrumentals can be a standalone but we are talking about songs that have singing in them here.

Agree.

By the logic of the OP I can't declare my many favorite Frank Sinatra songs as masterpieces.

And Songs For Swinging Lovers is a masterpiece album! Thank god Sinatra did it!

• Let me promote my other faves too the one and only Mariah Carey sunbaenim who wrote 18 of her 19 No.1 hits

:lover2::lover2:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The Queen of contribution. Love her voice.

:pepelove1:

So according to you, someone singing a song and thus contributing to it, does not count as a contribution?

counterpoint...

8 Singers Who Never Write Their Own Songs (cheatsheet.com)

tell me those artists aren't legends and their songs aren't masterpieces?

I guess my explanation was not detailed enough. And thats my fault. Or maybe Im just stupid.

I will give an example:

The group members have no contributions in the lyrics

But then a fan said:

Now, this lyric is a masterpiece, as expected from my faves. They know how to write lyrics to spread a great message.

When in reality they dont have any contribution in the lyrics.

This is what Im trying to say. Sorry for any confusion.

• That makes more sense, I take back what I said then. Yes, if it’s like your example, I agree with you.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!