What do you think about this Lisa's line in blackpink pretty savage song?

• "Born skinny, bitch amman saljjyeodo nan maleum"

Many people assumed this line as a diss to people who criticized her for being underweight. But this lyrics are not written by her; it is by their company's songwriters. Does it make it a diss if she is not the one who wrote it. is it right to include this line. Or do you think it is not written about her but just a generally written song?

• This line has been discussed to death.

People tried to accuse her of being fatphobic..... the same people who referred to her as a skeleton... Just arrant stupidity.

Girl is just embracing being skinny.

She didn't write the lyrics, but the meaning behind that line still applies.

• The whole song was a reference to the hate the girls get till now, just bc she didn't write the lyrics doesn't mean she wasn't involved in the making. Actually they all talked about helping with the concept, ideas and what not, but as ALWAYS some kpop fans dismiss these parts like what you're doing op.

• the girls give a lot of input in everything, they mentioned how much involved they are in their concepts so yeah I wouldn't be surprised if Lisa suggested to add this part

and Jennie and Jisoo have writing credits and Rose co-wrote her songs for her solo album

it's not like the girls don't write they even change lyrics when they do covers which they actually write themselves. Jennie and Lisa wrote the rap part of sure thing for example and a Jisoo adds Korean lyrics in her solo covers.

• This line has been discussed to death.

People tried to accuse her of being fatphobic..... the same people who referred to her as a skeleton... Just arrant stupidity.

Girl is just embracing being skinny.

She didn't write the lyrics, but the meaning behind that line still applies.

oh ok i haven't seen discussion against it. im new to allkpop. What i saw was people were liking it as her answer to haters. But that felt weird to me because she didn't write it. And who iknows how she feels about writing that in a public song given she hasn't afaik spoken about her weight criticism irl.

• oh ok i haven't seen discussion against it. im new to allkpop. What i saw was people were liking it as her answer to haters. But that felt weird to me because she didn't write it. And who iknows how she feels about writing that in a public song given she hasn't afaik spoken about her weight criticism irl.

The whole of Pretty Savage is literally dissing their haters.

Am confused. Its almost like you are trying to have an issue with her rapping that part just cuz she didn't write it.

You don't know, maybe she was the one who even suggested adding that line.

You are making assumptions just to find issue with this.

• the song is a clapback to antis and what they say. antis mostly skinnyshame the pinks so its not a big deal for it to be in a song thats supposed to be dissing the haters

• The whole song was a reference to the hate the girls get till now, just bc she didn't write the lyrics doesn't mean she wasn't involved in the making. Actually they all talked about helping with the concept, ideas and what not, but as ALWAYS some kpop fans dismiss these parts like what you're doing op.

ok. i haven't heard about their involvement in songs except for Jennie who wrote lyrics for some of their songs. Yeah i was wondering about this line because she hasn't ever spoken afaik about her weight criticism. And kpop groups have A&R team for their concepts/ type of songs to image of the group so it's hard to imagine how much freedom they give to artists.

• ok. i haven't heard about their involvement in songs except for Jennie who wrote lyrics for some of their songs. Yeah i was wondering about this line because she hasn't ever spoken afaik about her weight criticism. And kpop groups have A&R team for their concepts/ type of songs to image of the group so it's hard to imagine how much freedom they give to artists.

So the "issue" you are looking for is on you rather then the girls. As you know nothing about their criative input, their profissional involvement and etc.

• Yes my post was about her line talking about her weight criticism because she didn't wrote it. You're right she could have been the one who suggested it or not. She hasn't addressed it ever that's what made me wonder. i'm not trying to find an issue it's just my thoughts and i was curious to hear others opinions.

• Yes my post was about her line talking about her weight criticism because she didn't wrote it. You're right she could have been the one who suggested it or not. She hasn't addressed it ever that's what made me wonder. i'm not trying to find an issue it's just my thoughts and i was curious to hear others opinions.

How many idols address issues though?

• lol I never thought it was about her weight.

I always thought "born skinny bitch" refers to SKINNY LEGEND.

Which became a new drag term/meme/twitter trend to ironically call someone (mostly it was used for that Disney Channel girl, Mariah Carey, etc) who isn't skinny a legend.

Then it evolved into actually just meaning being a legend.

skinny legend - Dictionary.com

Skinny Legend: Where Did the Controversial Meme Come From?

~ ω

• Keep in mind that YG doesn't always give proper credit at first Hanbin's didn't get writing credits for whistle until ikonics started to complain, so I wouldn't be surprised if this happens with blackpink too, considering that Rose said writing for her solo wasn't a big issue because it's not the first time they are involved in it.

hmm i've heard about Hanbin involvement in whistle. i didn't knew they gave him credits on the song after all.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!