Best ballads to come out of SK

• I'm ignoring OST's and un-promoted b-sides otherwise there'd be some Taeyeon, Gummy, Punch, Twice etc.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• External Content www.youtube.com

Where Are We Know was very close to making my list. If I made this list in a few months it probably would make it, best ballad to come out since AKMU's for me if I'm ignoring OST's.

I've always struggled a bit with IU. Eight and Above the Time would probably be the highest on my list. Went through her entire discography last year and I think my favourite song was Lost Child.

Couldn't get into Wendy's release.

• The craze of this drama

• The craze of this drama

Kdrama OST's are something pretty special. Excluded them or the list would be very long.

• I always make fun of ballads from Korea, calling them generic, boring, overused and overexposed. But there are definitely some exceptions, especially when sung by Idol singers or bands.

• I'm not sure if "Magic Shop" would be considered a ballad since there's a bit of EDM sound and it's a bit faster-paced at times, but these ones are surely good ones.

I have no clue why there isn't more love for "The Truth Untold."

I've never liked Spring Day :crys: , i dunno it never stood out to me the way their other ballads like Magic, Heartbeat, Zero OClock, LGO, and a few others did. I definitely do not get the crazy amount of love this song gets while top rate ballads like Magic get paid absolute dust omg.

But holy hell, this is The Truth Untold? I thought i listened to it already, i remember not liking it, but it musta been a different song, because this song isnt bad at all. It has some really good killing parts, especially Tae in the middle there.

• In all the excitement i forgot to list my favorite Korean ballad. Big Mama's Resignation. But i aint gonna link her video, everyone knows the original. Instead, imma spam this pinay superstar, owner of the best pop vocals in the world right now, doing a cover of it in front of 20k Koreans, no back track, no autotune, nothing but her on this giant stage where EXO, RV, Seventeen, and other Kpop megabands appeared.

External Content youtu.be

• I love this one too

• Songs that would be on the level below

Also a nice To My Youth cover

• I will never understand why it's so underrated. Is it too sad of a song for a lot of listeners to enjoy?

It isn't underrated. It is their most popular and successful b side in Korea

External Content twitter.com

In fact it was found to be a fave in the 40 year plus male demographic that too late in the night

It has nearly 4mn ULs on Melon

It is also the most fave BTS song of their main producer P Dogg which he mentioned recently

It was also covered on a Korean show this week

Edited once, last by paradis ().

• Now THESE ARE THE ONES TO BEAT

I love Pikachu.

Always have, Always will.

"Pika-Pi"

• These were so popular and often covered by so many, idols or not.

this!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!