Chopsticks vs Fork

• Come on. If you're saying your very specific style is civilized and others are "primitive," that's pretty offensive and a narrow world view. You could have just said you ate with a fork and knife and left it at that instead of shading other cultures. I eat with a fork and a knife or chopsticks or my fingers depending on where I am and what I'm eating.

I was raised to be civilized by not calling cultures different than mine not civilized or primitive.

I wasn’t aware that I asked you to join in. I wasn’t talking to you either. I will say again, we have no primitive people here, I was not being offensive, it was a mere figure of speech. Get off your soap box sweetie and go annoy someone else. In most western cultures, we eat with a knife and fork. Got it?

• I wasn’t aware that I asked you to join in. I wasn’t talking to you either. I will say again, we have no primitive people here, I was not being offensive, it was a mere figure of speech. Get off your soap box sweetie and go annoy someone else. In most western cultures, we eat with a knife and fork. Got it?

I don't have to ask to join in on a public forum tho? When you make a comment on a public forum, people may comment back.

2x

The fact that several people have pointed out that you said something offensive and you're doubling down on it rather than going, "wow I didn't see that perspective" or "I never thought of those words that way," but rather insisting we not comment or get off a soapbox says a lot.

As for "most Western cultures," I live in a Western culture too - we eat in a range of ways to reflect the diversity of the cuisine. It's Taco Tuesday or its Pho Wednesday or its Samosa Saturday or Fried Chicken Monday - all of these may dictate different utensils and styles.

• 2yr

Closed the thread.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!