Is Adding Chinese Members Worth It?

• For some reason I believe Ningning won't just leave without big reason (getting kicked out for example). She was scouted and seems to be treated well.

Not like the other chinese member like Victoria, Luhan were treated badly.

They were literally being promoted very well in korea by SM and was pushed hard.

It is about fame and money. If you continue in korea, you wont get full support from Chinese.

• they are always problematic, but from a business stand point, yes. they still bring in that Chinese money.

It is always the money. As long as the China bars still generate a lot of sales, they'll continue to recruit. There's no charity involved. No Chinese trainee ever got accepted just going to Korea and sitting in front of a K-Ent agency. They were all recruited in China. Agencies wouldn't recruit there if there were no money.

Why do I watch survival shows? This!

• I guess it might be a bit more beneficial if the chinese members has reduced ties to china... (family in china, etc)

I see no fault in including them other than they are afraid to lose their chance on mainland china after their time in korea...

• No, the tension between SK and CN is about to heat up.

Chinese idols are required to show support for the evil CCP at one point in their idol career, and that alone doesn't look good, whats more the gp would think about it.

• Found this snapshot in Twitter but can’t verify how accurate it is about Chinese bar purchase power..

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

So while answering another question, I learned this chart is rather inadequate/inaccurate by leaving out large bars, like the Baekhyun bar purchases.

Baekhyun bar bought over 500K copies of Bambi, which is mind boggling.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

As I was searching Twitter for the receipts (Baekhyun Bar always posts their purchase receipts), I realized this chart is missing the totals for City Lights (200K) and Delight (400K).

Nonetheless, the point still stands about the purchase power of Chinese fans...

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!