Which kpop group do you think is peaking at the moment?

• I think

Twice: plateaued sales and weaker digitals as compared to before.

Seventeen: Their sales seem constant. I'll be keeping an eye on their next comeback to come to a full conclusion.

ITZY: A typical JYP gg debut with high peak and then lukewarm reception in their following releases in the lane of Miss A.

Monsta X: Past their peak imo. The sales have decreased a lot.

I do not talk about their western reception because none of the groups I mentioned above have considerable international presence that can be considered impactful on a wider scale.

• Agree with Monsta X. Seventeen's physical sales are very good, but they have to improve their digitals, they're a top 3 bg but their digitals are far behind BTS and EXO (at their peak).

I also thought EXO had already peaked but we'll have to wait and see how the comeback performs.

As for Itzy, I think they're doing as well as they can given their concept. Dalla Dalla was their most public friendly song so obv that did the best. If they get back to that sound they'll do very well, but they're still doing well.

If their recent comeback's digitals are anything to go by, Mamamoo have already peaked.

• Not sure if I'm getting this wrong.

Peaked means you already reached the highest possible level

Peaking like what you state in the OP, means you are still yet to reach your peak, and are going to continue to reach another peak again, and again, and again, hence the -ing in peaking.

So peaking would apply to group who are continuously still growing, not to groups who have lost their momentum

• Every 3rd gen group has peaked digitally in Korea at least. BWL, D4, Cheer Up, Red Flavor, etc are the peaks of their respective groups digitally. Dyna, HYLT, Fancy, Psycho, etc will never catch up to the Gaon points of those older songs.

Physically, it's a different ballgame. Twice can still pull a shocker, getting 600-700k next comeback. BTS lining up for 5-6M for their next comeback, NCT booming, Seventeen shooting for 2M, BP hitting 1.4M, still plenty of firepower left.

• ? Is the thread about which groups are past their peak?

Because peaking means they're rising to new ATH's (All Time Highs), as in they're at their personal top and who knows how far it can go.

Basically this.

When it's about 'peaking', then I'm gonna say Oh My Girl and Brave Girls, for obvious reasons.

Also NCT and BP.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• Itzy for sure peaked with Wannabe. They basically had no competition these past few years which allowed them to be bigger than they should have been. Now that SM have Aespa, and new Big Hit and YG ggs on the way, things are looking bleak for Itzy.

• Every 3rd gen group has peaked digitally in Korea at least. BWL, D4, Cheer Up, Red Flavor, etc are the peaks of their respective groups digitally. Dyna, HYLT, Fancy, Psycho, etc will never catch up to the Gaon points of those older songs.

Physically, it's a different ballgame. Twice can still pull a shocker, getting 600-700k next comeback. BTS lining up for 5-6M for their next comeback, NCT booming, Seventeen shooting for 2M, BP hitting 1.4M, still plenty of firepower left.

Are you fool? You think bwl is bts peak when a whole dynamite exists. Please go check sm doctors

:confused:

Yeah this is a no. Dynamite is BTS' biggest hit by a fucking mile.

Also don't you stan BP? Why would you limit them??

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

Dynamite won't? You know nothing about charts.

• EXO can surpass 1M+ album sales but imo they have already peaked. The reason is because physicals in general are on the rise and I just don't think they drive enough relevant conversation outside their dedicated following, even in the kpop community as whole.

• I mean that's just semantics and english language. I think my meaning was adequately conveyed nonetheless.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!