IU buys a new Luxury Condo for $11.7 million

• https://www.korea boo.com/news/iu-luxury-apartment-purchase-new/

Lee Jieun is very active in Real Estate Speculation, but this time she moves to a luxury condo where Korea's richest people live (the most expensive one is about $28 million). To move there she had to sell one of her properties.

Still it shows that the effective owner of Edam Entertainment can raise more cash than members of, say, BTS as of now, since she paid the $11.7 million US$ in cash.

• Interesting that RM and Jimin just bought an expensive apartment in cash too.. Are they buying at the same apartment block?

(Now I’m sounding like that cheungli girl)

• So you claim she makes more money than BTS because she bought a more expensive unit... but also mentioned she had to sell her other place to do so!

• Interesting that RM and Jimin just bought an expensive apartment in cash too.. Are they buying at the same apartment block?

RM and Jimin paid around $5 million for their units

IU paid $11.7 million

No comparison

• Congrats IU, and Poor BTS how they gonna pay their bills from their 5 million dollars apartment or Jungkook from his 7 million usd house

They must be laying low in cash considering they didnt take any loan either

Must be bankrupt by now

And then IU Must be poor too considering S tier actress Jun ji Hyun buys 30 million usd buildings in cash. Without selling any property

And we can go on

• Ms. Jun's husband comes from a very wealthy family btw

• Ms. Jun's husband comes from a very wealthy family btw

She was buying expensive building, even before her marriage back in 2000s. Because of them being face of hallyu since 2000. And JJH her properties are on her registered on her name. She owns like 100 billion won real estate on her name. She is chaebol herself

• this thread is basically a bunch of brokes arguing about which multi millionaire bought a more expensive apartment

First i gave op example, that they all are multi millionaires and there are many who bought more expensive than Iu. Because op was trying to shade BTS.. They are not crying to pay bills

Second yes i am not millionaire but i am far from broke. That's rude assumption.

Third i am having an argument with op, so now please don't say you didn't mean me

• Also, IU's apartment costs more than Elon's one since he sold all his properties.

Hence, IU is richer than him.

It means that she is the richest person in the world :froghype:

• Elon Musk might have a different opinion

But they are not Kpop figures

I only talk about KPop figures here

I talk about Kpop figures that missed worthy of IU.

Cao Lu (FIESTAR) said the group members got paid USD 5,000 for two years Activity in kpop business.

She liked to Run a Coffee-House in China but hasn't enough money to start it.

She bitterly complained - i have learned only kpop artist that was my passion.

How shall I earn money now?

There are no offers from chinese music industry.

Edited 2 times, last by Hermes101 ().

• Caolu actually did not too badly since she was in a lot of shows in her late phase of career.

• To buy a Home of USD 10 Mio. You must Not pay the Money Cash.

25% get paid after contract was signed.

The rest is task of banking. Often the sum will BE shared during a periode of 48 - 72 months.

However I Hope she enjoy her new Home, Like Sunny did. Her new Home was a USD 3 Mio. Project to buy on real estate Market.

• Most Korean entertainment figures do that too since there are tax savings for mortgages, including IU who paid $1 million for a $4 million plot of land which appreciated to $6 million, netting her a profit of $2mil and making a big noise on early 2019.

However, there are some luxury units which do not allow mortgages, meaning only those who can pay for it in cash are welcome to there, and she apparently chose to pay that amount to put herself in the league of Korea's highest echelon.

• Most Korean entertainment figures do that too since there are tax savings for mortgages, including IU who paid $1 million for a $4 million plot of land which appreciated to $6 million, netting her a profit of $2mil and making a big noise on early 2019.

However, there are some luxury units which do not allow mortgages, meaning only those who can pay for it in cash are welcome to there, and she apparently chose to pay that amount to put herself in the league of Korea's highest echelon.

Goo Hara (ex-member of KARA) was also successful in real estate business.

R.I.P

P.s. If I remind well also Dara (ex-member of 2NE1)

• Real estate speculation, CF and acting earnings, company ownership etc. are not reasonable ways to compare artists, those things are collateral to the core skills and identity - which is music.

What is the royalty split in K-pop?

I think in the west it is

6-8% - Singer(s)

15-20% - Songwriter (including lyricist)

45-65% - Producers

rest% - others- label etc.

Of course often the label is the producer.

Assuming the same percentages.

IU has been her own lyricist for long now, some composing and since Chat-shire, doing bulk of her production, at least as the executive producer. So probably earns 40-50% of the royalty of each song.

With BTS, only Suga has been consistently doing songwriting and production. Others occasionally foray, but are mostly performers, which does get split 7 ways.

Looking at the credits of BTS songs, most seem to have 10 people including Hitman Bang, on songwriting, production etc. while IUs teams are pretty small, rarely exceeds 2 people.

So BTS singers might be getting < 5% per song, Suga might be averaging maybe 20% vs. IU's 40-50%.

Assuming their sales in S.Korea are comparable, still BTS members get a smaller bit from a much larger larger pie than IU, since their market is international.

Otherwise comparing their wealth is pointless. Revenue streams other than songs, should not matter to measure their success.

• What happens is the companies also charge 'Production Costs" to whatever the singers earn. SM is the most notorious of them. it is quite good siphoning the earnings for the singers to private paper companies owned by Sooman Lee and his family.

Big Hit / Hybe also charges a royal ransom to the singers, as the GFriend fiasco showed. GFriend's finances worsened because Hybe significantly increased the 'fees' for each promotion. BTS might have a different arrangement but txt and enhypen won't escape the fees.

IU owns Edam entertainment for all practical purposes. Even before that, she was the sole singer of KakaoM music department by herself so she controlled her own expenses. So, on 2017, the KakaoM music department earned $16 million, total expenses were $7 million (including whatever going to KakaoM), and Lee Jieun pocketed the rest, making herself the highest earning singer in both Korea and Japan.

Since she owns Edam, all the expenses going to the company are instead going to herself, an advantage even BTS can't beat.

• Assuming all the above is true, that means that she is one smart businesswoman as well, to have negotiated such a deal. Maybe BTS will have such options once the current contract ends.

Nevertheless from the perspective of the public, fans and history, neither IU nor BTS are going to be remembered for the millions they earned, but rather the impact they had on music.

• It is like watching sports. The sports players have nothing to do with you but you get your enjoyment watching them play

sports is about skills, talent and plays. How is it similar to how much rich people are and comparing their money to others saying your’s cant.

I mean if they were talking about music and songwriting that would have been but :whatb:

Nope.

IU new penthouse located in Chongdam, Gangnamgu which is expensive location of korea or you can say Manhattan of Korea.
    Only 1% rich korean have building or live there.

• Lol

You know right beside her New Luxyrius penthous she has A 3rd floor boulding wich is place for her mother office and her studio also she has A 2dn floor villa near river suronder by suspicious land.

And her neth worth by Janury 2021 is 45 million US dollar wich is puth her on 7 place in all rich idol and 1st place for all Women kpop Idol and singer.

• So you claim she makes more money than BTS because she bought a more expensive unit... but also mentioned she had to sell her other place to do so!

Well she only sell her apartment wich is she bought it in 2012 and lived there when she was just 19

Not say she has 2 other building

1) 3rd floor bulding now place for her nother ofice and her own studio

2) A 2nd floor villa surounding by a spacious land near a river.

She even send her younger brother to study in USA and graduated in 2017, her brother is alumni from San Diego University. IU bought her dad porche car and House for her parent.

PS: And by January 2021 IU net worth is 45 Millon dollar US witch is put her in 7 place for all rich Idol and singer and 1st place for all rich women Idol or singer.

Not say she had some share in her agency too.

• Btw how "spacy" is that property? For this amount of money it should be huge

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• This thread contains 22 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!