Why is SuJu not on the same level as tvxq and bigbang?

• suju were huge, intl fans just dont like them so they paint this narrative that suju isnt successful. suju has been a group for 15 years and they still have a stable fandom, how are they not legendary bg status? tvxq is bigger without a doubt, and big bang beat them in digitals and possibly touring. but suju were still strong in all categories at one point or still are. they were hallyu wave leaders with snsd. lets not be delusional yall! their images are tainted tho so that in a way has affected their career but big bang has scandals too. the difference is that ppl will still stream big bang lol

"

" svt + blackpink supremacy

final-1.gif

Edited once, last by dokyeomhive ().

• I am not sure about that as TVXQ were seen as the king of boy groups/idols and so they weren't really seen as true artists. Big Bang were the ones to break the mold of boy groups and were viewed as legitimate artists by the public.

i meant like tvxq weren't really regarded as idols.. they were more respected from what i've seen.

• Maybe cause some people still look at Super Junior as the group of trainees that didn't make it into TVXQ.

But they are clearly #3 boy group of second gen.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I think depending on which country you are some groups seem bigger? At least for my country it feels like Big Bang > Suju >= TVXQ. TVXQ is probably bigger at their prime I think but KPOP only started to get popular in my country when TVXQ already split or were in the midst of splitting.

I'm from Singapore which is part of SEA if anyone is wondering

• Looking at the Korean gp, they generally believe Super Junior were basically remnants of TVXQ after the five members were chosen. It's partially true (considering there were way more than 12 members even after TVXQ were picked). And also, probably because Lee Soo Man himself repeated that statement over and over and over again.... But as someone above said, they are definitely top 3 boy group.

• They're not taken as seriously as the other two for some reason in SK. Probably bcoz they are more well loved as variety stars in general even though they have huge hits in their bag as well. And intl fans follow SK's public opinions so they say the same words as them.

• I think it's because DBSK/TVXQ were on an epic level in South Korea and Japan, and Big Bang were on a top tier level in all areas on an international scale.

But yeah, Super Junior have always been somewhat underrated, I can still recall the times K-pop fans were mocking and ridiculing Super Junior for their vocals, even if later on it was proven they had some of the best vocals among K-pop groups.

That said, even if TVXQ and especially Big Bang are acknowledged more, there are very few who doubt that Super Junior and 2PM were the #3 and #4 of that era.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!