[ THROWBACK ] a song that RM said he REGRETS writing

• Official Post

Released on Soundcloud 5 months after BTS' debut, the song was penned from ANGER and HURT

and was the result of the backlash he received from the underground rap scene

He was angry at himself, his old friends, the ones who criticized him and so forth...

In an episode of the Mnet show <4 THINGS> RM said,

"Even the people who I did music with talks bad about me now saying 'you've changed, you weren't this slow before'. After that I wrote the song <Too Much>. People started commenting on the blog 'it really is too much, compress your thoughts a bit and put it up again. It'll be better if there's more air.' I put too much into the song and they saw right through it. My pronunciation was all over the place because I was too excited/agitated. I really regret making this song."

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

HIS VERSES

(translation by genius.com)

Everyday like a machine I wake up, automatically put on make-up

That kind of life has grown familiar to me

Since when have I been so satisfied with myself?

Did I, after achieving my dream, indulge in it?

To live “comfortably”, “appropriately”, I swallowed the flames that had welled up to my throat

That’s right I’m quite disgusted with myself as well, the sharp knife has dulled

Forming the wrinkles of my twenty year old self, I was afraid of such changes

If somebody could look inside my head, they’d probably mock me

Smirking at the me who’s lost his path, I can I can hear my old friends laughin'

Hey, but I just wanted to show what I got

All I ever wanted to do was rap, you said I’m a puppet, fuck I’m not

There’s too many of these countless, infinite thoughts in my head

Now I’ll put myself aside and wait for the endless waves of negativity

Yeah I’m a monster, once you become a monster you can no longer be a person

I can no longer be a human like the likes of you all

Even if that’s the very reason why people curse at me

Whether I’m an artist, or an idol I don’t give a fuck this is my life

Whether it’s porridge or gruel, this is the meal I’ve prepared for myself

The me who could only see deserts and seas is now looking up at the universe

The small child who thought the tiny studio was the whole world is only just peering outside

I thought it was real, got no time to chill, no time nobody to get healed

Too many stars, too many dreams, the reality is in front of these things I’m just a speck of dust

Once I realized that the only thing I could do was more severely lock myself in

Tamper back my fury and press it down, more strongly hide myself away

Yeah I’m a fucking monster

Young idol fans hate me cuz I'm a fucking monster

Hip-hop fans hate me too cuz I’m a fucking idol rapper who can’t come to their concert

Yeah right? you’re happy now right? so how you doin bitches

I’m earning a lot of fucking money, fine thank you and you bitches

Every interview I said to them, go find your happiness

But lately I get confused sometimes, whether I’ve found my own happiness

The fact that I’m making the music I want to make, saying the things I want to say

This is the moment I’ve been waiting for, now facing the dream I so desperately wanted

I definitely achieved my dream, but after the dream I find myself hesitating

With too many thoughts; i just showed the me that’s hungry for something

Well folks, that's it

I love making these types of threads for people discovering BTS for the first time so...

DONT THINK ABOUT IT TOO MUCH TOO MUCH TOO MUUUCH ♫

cripwalk-snoop-dogg.gif

• they are one of the biggest stars now but path to get there was rough for sure

I feel like most kpop fans respect them now regardless of whether they are army or not but it wasn't like that from the start so I can see where he's coming from

• I thought I listened to every BTS track out there. I was wrong ;(

Have you heard Always?

He released it on Soundcloud at the start of 2017 (it's a bit dark, just a warning) and he explained why on vlive

They've put so much on Soundcloud

• I really appreciate how he evaluates his own work so honestly

If anything the song lived up to its name!

• Have you heard Always?

He released it on Soundcloud at the start of 2017 (it's a bit dark, just a warning) and he explained why on vlive

They've put so much on Soundcloud

no and I think I was a fan during that time :sweatr:

ig I haven't listened to a lot of RM's underrated songs :-(

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

c09dafd21a568e816f2cb77504fa56a8086e9412.gifv

• no and I think I was a fan during that time :sweatr:

ig I haven't listened to a lot of RM's underrated songs :-(

It's okay, so was I and I didn't discover it until later

They just put out a lot of content in different places, it's hard to keep up sometimes

• "Yeah right? you’re happy now right? so how you doin bitches

I’m earning a lot of fucking money, fine thank you and you bitches2"

Maybe he regrets it because of this lines.

It's very direct, and some would say that this "bitches" is too much, but we will never know what exactly these "friends" said to him and why he was so sad and angry about it. BTS beginning was very hard and I think they heard a lot of bad things, which is why these lines don't surprise me.

"Whether I’m an artist, or an idol I don’t give a fuck this is my life"

Reminds me of the lines from Idol.

"You call me artist, you can call me idol......(..).... I don't care."

Those feelings from back then definitely still run deep.

I know he regrets it because he's more mature now and would probably react differently, but I keep this song as good as it is because it reflects exactly what he was feeling at the time.

• tbh I remember this and the song he released around the same time "Do You" was much better . But it's okay it is part of the songwriting process. Not every song is going to be perfect and I applaud him for admitting he won't always be perfect, it shows his human side.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

mERCf4S.png

• Official Post

As the years have gone on he's definitely been able to speak his mind more elequotenly but honestly I don't see a problem with going off sometimes. At some point enough is enough and you just need to get off your chest but perhaps he would feel better about it if he never released it and kept it to himself. I think the criticisms are fair but the title was the explanation for why it was all over the place. In conclusion SPEAK YOUR TRUTH NAMJOON!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!