Is it wrong for a company to promote their idols?

• Feels like when you have promotions people say your success is fake and iNoRgAnIc. Like imagine actually doing your job and promoting your artists

If you don't have promotions, people say that the company is mistreating them or dungeoning them.

So would you rather have promotions for your faves and actually have your company do work, or your company do nothing and let you miraculously rise up from the ashes and pray some jesus Ray of light shine on you?

I rather my faves get shit ton of promotions at least i know they be getting coin

:pepe-sad::pepe-sad:

• Official Post

It's always "omg can't wait for the comeback! I hope the company promotes the group really well!"

company: promotes the group

"Nooooooo not like that!"

• I do feel sad for talented idols from smaller companies who don't have the resources idols from the Big 3 have, but I don't see why anyone should be mad at companies promoting their artists. Lmao, it's literally part of their job/business

• yes it's wrong

Only SM is allowed to promote SHINee

Everything else should be illegal

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Some fans of groups or idols hailing from less popular companies feel its unfair and that some people might've been paid off to inflate the numbers.

I think its alright; you have the merit of being a big company, use it. But don't do it to the point where others are suffering because of your weight.

• That's too broad of a question.

Companies are supposed to promote their artists, that's why they signed to them after all.

But it depends on how you go about it, don't manufacture news about them, don't make statements where you're intentionally leaving out certain information/context to lead people to believe something you know isn't true.

As for getting spots on variety shows, YE performances, etc take what you should be getting at your current level instead of using industry connection to get more than even established acts who might have less backing.

I would also say that fans of groups who have more had an easier start thanks to their company should not be getting mad when people point out the advantages they've had because it's just the truth. Imagine you had person A and person B doing a 1 kilometer run, but person B gets a 500m headstart, and they both arrived finished the race at the same time. Should we praise them equally ? Is it fair to person A to not bring up the fact person B had a huge headstart ?

• I do feel sad for talented idols from smaller companies who don't have the resources idols from the Big 3 have, but I don't see why anyone should be mad at companies promoting their artists. Lmao, it's literally part of their job/business

• Small minds don't get that.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!